James33 Taking On Abbey

JAMES33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi James33,

I have just been reading your thread as I have just received a court date for the 3rd september and I am claiming £2500, but need to work out additional intrest. I had a good will offer of about £400 afew months back, but no contact since and I have also had additional charges put on account.

do you think it is worth a try for me to make contact with ms kirkman at abbey, if you could let me have e mail, as all my correspondence has been from james arrandale.

I thought it might be worth a chance before I have to do evidence etc, what do you reckon?:-?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tootsies19 yes if I were you I would definitely email abbey to try to reach a settlement. You can try [email protected] or [email protected] Good luck with your claim!:)

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

BUMP! Can anyone help me with post 125 about speaking to Abbey on phone to discuss settlement - should I give them my number.

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

I have just emailed Louise my phone number, was hoping to get some advice about this first as I am a bit nervous about speaking to her directly on the phone. Hope she is not really snotty with me because I'll find it really difficult not to be rude back to her and blow all chances of an early settlement! Will post back here if I hear anything.

sorry i was a bit late picking this up. I would advise against speaking on the phone but now your there dont let it worry you. apparently Louise is quite nice. Stick to your guns essentially the reason you want it all is much like a thief stealing from you and saying i'll give you 90% back...the whole act was unlawful therefore none of it can apply.

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Thanks so much for all the messages of support. In the end she didn't phone last night - bit gutted as I sat for ages poring over my Abbey file making sure I knew exactly what I was asking for!! Never mind, perhaps she won't phone at all but at least I feel a bit more prepared if she does. Thanks Michael Browne for the tip about recording the conversation - I like the sound of that!

Keeping my fingers crossed that I hear something from Abbey tomorrow, not sure if they will phone or email. Was wondering whether it would be worth my while sending an email to them in the morning informing them that as my deadline for settling at a reduced amount has now passed, I am now only prepared to settle for the full amount. Do you think this would be a good idea or not, was thinking if I begin negotiations at the higher amount, it wouldn't be too bad if I then agreed to knock a (very) small amount off so that it looked like I was compromising. Any ideas?

J, I think that would be a good way to go............it'll help focus their attention, and you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Have just sent a further email to Abbey pointing out that I now require the full amount of my claim and will wait with crossed fingers to see if they will reply!

Hi Jules, yes I had an email today from Clare Fletcher:-

Please also note that I will not be able to include any figure for your costs in a settlement offer unless and until there is a court order requiring a bundle to be created and filed, and the deadline for that filing has expired. In the meantime, once we have received notification from the court of a hearing date I or one of my colleagues will be able to verify your claim and contact you to attempt to reach a settlement.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Clare Fletcher

I replied saying that I would accept a figure without my costs in order to bring about a swift settlement and to avoid wasting any further court time. I can always put in a wasted costs order once they have settled. They have not replied to that one though! How is your claim going?

N1 filed on friday, gogw of £280 put in bank saturday, letter emailed and posted today, rejecting it and telling them to take it back out unless they want to put the balance in and settle.

good luck and keep us posted. Doesnt look like you will be setting foot in the courtroom.

J,

looking good:) as you say, a wasted costs order will be fine

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Arghhhhhhhh!!

Why do scabbey always ignore you?? Althogh I dont have a court date as yet, I have been trying to get hold of abbey to see if we can have an early settlement. I told them that I would be willing to negotiate with them, but could only do so of they contacted me.....

Email's were sent to Inga and Louise...but they wont respond!!!!

Doe's anybody have any suggestions? or maybe another contact? They acnowleged my claim on the 14th June, but have not given any defence as yet!

I could rip my hair out!!! lol:mad:

Bugleboy, patience, they wont talk to you, they dont answer their phones and they wont answer your emails till you have a court date, they are so rude it is almost intolerable

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Rude!!!!!!!! OMG!! What an understatement that is!!lol

If they acnowledged my claim on the 14th, how long do you think it might be before I get a court date?

I cant wait!! I'm so mad i'm not even going to compromise!! lol:mad:

They did reply to my emails that I sent to them once I had submitted my AQ but not for a couple of days initially. Another person you could try is [email protected] she is very helpful and has answered all my emails very promptly. Good luck with your claim Bungleboy!!

Thanks James!!

I'll try her then...! I know this sounds realy thick...but what exactly is an AQ??

I'm realy confused of what happens! I have been reading the forum, but certain things dont make any sense to me!

Like I said Abbey have acknowledged the courts, but now have 28 days to enter the defence....will abbey enter a defence or do they usually come back to settle before then?

But please can you explain what the AQ is....??

Thanks Guy's..and James good luck with your claim also...and to everybody else in this aggrovating situation!!:confused:

Hi Bungleboy, the AQ is the Allocation Questionnaire that the court sends you to fill in so that they can decide which track your case should be heard in (small claims or fast track) You usually receive this after both you and Abbey have filed a defence. Some courts though are doing away with them so you might not have to fill one in at all. These are links to the most useful AQ threads

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html?garpg=9

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80091-your-court-dispensing-allocation.html

Hope this helps!

Well my claim has ground to a halt at the moment:( Abbey are now refusing to negotiate further until I have a court date. Been phoning the court on a daily basis hoping that being a nuisance might get them to deal with my claim quicker (not working at the mo!) Today was told that cases being dealt with today are receiving court dates at the beginning of August so they presume mine will be sometime in mid to late August. Looks like I have got a long wait after all which is a bit disappointing after the flurry of activity lately. My only hope is that the judge will go with the abuse of process order but I think this is highly unlikely. Feeling really deflated at the moment. Think I need a drink.

Still nothing, Court are really dragging their feet - need a big drink now!