gpm vs HSBC bank - Their Defence Struck Out

GPM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i think you want a wiser voice than mine - i'm really feeling my way here - just picking up stuff as i go along - and guess what. i learned a lot of it from your thread! (blind leading blind springs to mind - lol), so you might want to run it by garyh - as i think he has written some of the stuff in the guidance notes in the library (which by the by has some good stuff). i honestly don't know much about any of it - my forte is regurgitated info!

keep posting (so i can keep learning!)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Have been offline for a while - so I have some updates, and....... time to move this thread to the wins area!! Following the revised offer from DG (see post #44) my other half preferred to accept, rather than drag it out for who knows how long. So we have just received a cheque payment for approx £4000, plus they are paying a further £550 to the debt collector (currently awaiting confirmation of this). This left about £400 short of the total claim submitted (including the 8%, court fees etc).

In the mean time, we received a "Notice of Application" from the court, which would be a hearing (by teleconference!). Once we have confirmed clearance of the payment to the debt collector, I will notify the court that the case has been settled.

It's been a long process, but I'm now going to start claims for my own accounts - none of which equate to the amount of this claim, but I'm going to try my luck by contacting the branch first, and if they don't refund me.......... Prelim letter!

Thanks everyone for your help and your interest in this. I'll create some new threads for my other cases, and please let me know if anyone wants more details on this one. Now, I believe I need to do the survey thingy, and click the scales of all the many helpful posts.

HSBC £4,528

Began process with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 5/7/06

Recieved payment on 21/4/07

congratulations!!!!!

well done, finally got there!

and since you've been away - i've learned to use colours! lol

actually, i'd love to have a sort of abbreviated diary of what's gone on since you last wrote - nothing long - just a few lines....

so glad you got the big offer...........again, congratulations.!!!!

Oh yes, freakyleaky, and I have been taking great pleasure in telling people we have sued HSBC (it feels so good saying that!), and I have many friends waiting in the wings to see if we were successful, who are now registering eagerly with CAG site.

Lateralus, love the pink ;-) you've left me behind in the dark ages, still using characters to create a smiley!! Summary of things since my last post in March - no worries! Here goes:

- After some thought, my husband signed DG's revised offer and we returned it to DG around 21 March.

- Received it back along with a cover letter from DG dated 29 March stating it also needed to be signed by the joint account holder.

- Joint account signature obtained, we returned it again within a couple of days.

- Hear nothing for over 2 weeks.

- Received a Notice of Application from the county court dated 17 April, giving a date of hearing.

- Lo and behold, DG suddenly send a letter dated 19 April, confirming the funds would be credited within 14 days.

- Next day we receive the cheque from HSBC.

I will now wait the full 14 days before requesting confirmation that the other £550 has been received by the debt collector, and cleared. After which, I will advise the court.

HSBC £4,528

Began process with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 5/7/06

Recieved payment on 21/4/07