Citi Bank current account.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want to open a Citi Bank account as my parachute account, but I will be making a claim against them for unlawful charges. Does anyone know if they are in the business of closing these accounts if you claim refunds from citicards?

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

I would advise against it, especially considerring all the fun & games we are having reclaiming penalty charges from them.

From what I hear HSBC are a reasonable company, with more branches.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

I'm more of the opinion that why would you want to open a new bank account to deposit your money with when you already have issues with them relating to penalty charges.

In my case they upped my credit limit to £15,800 because I paid a sizeable chunk off my remaining balance - despite the fact that I am taking them to court.

A nice letter went off to state this, and state that fact that I would not be taking out any further Citi products.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.