Directions hearing set for 26th March 2007 in Cardiff? Post here!

jamie60509

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just got home from a weekend break and waiting on the mat was the cheque. Have posted the letter to the court but they wont get it till after the hearing is set, wonder what will happen ?

Not my faukt that they waited till the bitter end before paying up.

Paul & Heather

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if no-one turns up (either claimant or defendant) then the judge will most likely rule in your favour, and when they recieve your letter will regard the case as closed. You could phone up or pop along just to let the judge know if your still worried, but it will be fine I reckon.

Hi,

I was in Cardiff the other day and I said to the lady behind the counter, "Barclays never turn up anyway", she said"oh, they do, theyve got 210 cases coming up on the 26th of March".

I said "they havent won any though have they?".

"I dont know" she said.

they defintely turn up, they had the head of litigation from their solicitors firm present and some rep from barclays too. I still got a good settlement out of them last dec (also a directions hearing) after arguing for a while and being asked to leave the court by the judge to try to come to a mutually agreeable settlement.

anyway, I'll be there tom fighting 5 cases for various friends & relatives etc, trying to get estimated charges, contractual interest and post six year charges re-claimed..

will I be on my own?

Hello dunnie

I was due to be in Cardiff tomorrow. They settled with me 2 weeks ago. I would like to come down tomorrow as I am interested in claiming contractual interest. Do you mean charges in the last 6 years or pre 6 years.

Not sure if I can make it but let us know how you get on.

well annoyingly, although I was categorically told my claims would be listed today, they weren't.. but I hung on for 3 hrs whilst over a 100 cases were looked into.

Lloyds, in about 90% of the cases were just stalling, telling the judge they hadn't recieved a schedule of charges even though poeple were standing up and telling the judge they'd sent them 2 or 3 times. Judge was ordering alot of 28 day stays in order to reach compromise and asking banks for anemded defences, and set asides...he ordered quite a few cases be settled and awarded interest and costs, inc travelling to many, but I think there was way to much "staying". when banks, partic lloyds were defo stalling.

Nawest seem to have taken a hard line and quite a few people lost the colour in their face as the judge told them that natwest had asked for a full trial, then instructed the claimant with regards to court bundles, witness statements and the likely timetable. (trials not before 1/7/07 it seems)

Others of course actually hadn't submitted a schedule and now have lengthy delays to contend with- but how to prove it? recorded delivery is the way forward (I didn't bother, but barclays weren't playing the "oh I didn't recieve it" routine)

Barclays incidentally, generally setlled on most cases.

one guy was claiming for more than six years, the judge took him to task on this and he didn't have an answer..so judge struck it out! People need to be ready to quote relevant peices of legislation, i.e. in this case section 32(b) or © of the limitation act, concealment or mistake, and the resultant re-setting of the primary limitation period.

errr... thats all I remember tonite, I'll add sum tom if I recall more.

btw, for anyone else who was there, I had a light green stripey shirt on, sitting right at the back by the radiator!

I spoke with my old nemesis, head of litigation @ simmons & simmons who represented barlcays, and he promised to call me during the week to arrange settle,ment of my cases.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there point to note my HSBC case has been transfered to Cardiff as well, Question can we claim for travel expenses as it has been moved from our local court due to the actions of the banks solicitors.

Why should we be out of pocket (again) because of their actions.

I guess after reading Dunnie's posting the one thing that everyone who is still waiting for their settlement should note is to get your court bundles in and make sure they are correct, if you do it early it saves so much hassle and also decreases the chance of it being, either stayed, or thrown out.

Hi there!

How did it all go for you welsh guys? havent seen a posting. I'm trying to help my brother out with a claim against barclays. Am at the stage where theyre going to defend and have got 28 days. Brother has had a letter today stating that it has all been tranferred to the court in Bridgend.

Hope u all got your dosh ;) plz let me know

Nursie x xx

• 1 month later...

Did you all get your money in the end? none of the posts say. Im with a group who have a cardiff date on 14th Aug 2007 and am just interested in what happened with you lot :D

Nursiepoos x x x

Yup barclays settled the wednesday before the court hearing with me, they rang me at home and my dp gave me a number to ring them back as i was in work. he was a lovely guy, very intelligent sounding and personally i would have found it really difficult to negotiate any settlement as he was really good, but luckily for me he offered me what i asked for and even rounded it up etc, i had the cheque on the saturday morning. it was a very daunting time and im prob going to have to do it all again with lloyds next but im worried that they will turn up to thier hearing. :sad: Good luck with yours.

Nadia.

------------------------------------------------

Barclays Current Account - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Prelim sent 23/10/06 - part pay accepted - sent LBA 16/11/06 - Payment out of court March 07. Hooray!

Capital One Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recived 30/10/06 - Settled Dec 06.

Egg Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recieved 30/10/06- about to send prelim

Barclaycard - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Microfishe letter - non com. 29/09/06. - wont comply letter - 16/10/06 16 days left- getting nowhere letter back! 16/11/06 Information Commissioners Office compaint - 18/12/06-Statments sent - prelim going out 24/5/07.

Virgin/MBNA - S.A.R 22/09/06 - part pay accepted - settled.