Directions hearing set for 26th March 2007 in Cardiff? Post here!

jamie60509
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I got a letter from Cardiff County Court yesterday saying that directions will be given in my case in Cardiff Civil Justice Centre on 26th March 2007 at 10:30 am by Judge G Hickinbottom.

I was just wondering how many others had received the same time/date as me?

J

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya,

i have the same hearing date and time.

Claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i am also in cardiff on the 26th. has anyone given them a ring to try settle yet? Looking at Welshmans thread it seems as though they are settling maybe 2-3 weeks before hearing date. may just give Barclays a bell today to se what their time frame for settling is!

Cardiff 26th March for directions hearing anyone?

Just got in touch with Barclays and spoke to mr Lombardi, who is dealing with my case and he said that they are dealing on a first come service regarding the claims and that he wouldn't get a chance to read mine in depth until early March, and that I should give them a ring back then. Just means more interest for me!!!!

With this just being a directions hearing mate you don't need to send your bundle to anyone as of yet, but what ive done is prepare my own copy of a bundle, and then wait until after the directions hearing to photocopy another 2 (1 for barclays, 1 for the court as youll only need to send them when or if we get an actual heraing proper) so as not to waste money on photocopying costs (as its very unlikely that it'll reach that far). Just have a look at Welshmans thread, they were at the same stage as us and Barclays settled about 2 weeks before the directions hearing. Hope that clears a few things up for you.

Hi, I also have my court bundle about ready to be sent but havnt sent it yet as like above wondering do we wait a bit. Or even maybe a letter approaching them to settle might be a good idea?

dazpara, so you're just going to take your own copy ofd the bundle with you to court on the day?

Personally im not sure if i will be able to get to cardiff yet so im thinking seeing as were totally snowed in here until the big melt im gonna get everything ready and post a copy of the bundle to both barclays and the court. unless anyone thinks this is a bit soon?

• 2 weeks later...

I rang them on Friday and the woman I spoke to said that as they are dealing with so many claims at the moment, they will be getting in touch with me around 2 weeks before the court date to settle. I asked if they are deffinately going to settle and she said yes, they are settling with every valid case they get...

forgive me for interrupting your thread , but isn't it about time something was done about this.

fair enough we have gone over our overdraft limits and we have been excessively penalised for it and we are legitimately trying to get our money back , but i have been waiting almost 5 months to get my money back while it has been sitting in their vaults accumalating interest.

yet they say they are going to pay out on every claim.

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it makes me blood boil. lol:)

Does anyone know if I should prepare:

Case Summary.

Disclosure by list

WitnessStatement. Do I need these ?

And do I need a Draft order for directions?

Is anyone else preparing these?

Hi,

see here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

and also here and Garys post after it...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/36862-dene-barclays-3.html#post571555

hope that helps

Telephoned this morning offering if they would like to settle out of court. Lady dealing with my claim is called Laura Wrage. She said she is dealing with claims which are coming up in the next week or so.She told me that she would be contacting me at the start of March with a settlement figure. Not much longer now.

Thanks for the info hopefully we wont need to turn up in Cardiff..

It was much easier with the alliance & Leicester, but they have now told me that the account will be closed by the end of next month, no problem got a new account with Smile, and I'm smiling as I had 3,300 pounds back from the alliance....

Hope we all get our cheques soon...

Can i join you all then as i had my letter yesterday saying my hearing was also on the 26th March. Since it arrived ive been really nervous about the whole thing and im dreading having to turn up now!

therefore Im very curious about this settling before the hearing dates.

Nadia

Nadia.

------------------------------------------------

Barclays Current Account - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Prelim sent 23/10/06 - part pay accepted - sent LBA 16/11/06 - Payment out of court March 07. Hooray!

Capital One Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recived 30/10/06 - Settled Dec 06.

Egg Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recieved 30/10/06- about to send prelim

Barclaycard - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Microfishe letter - non com. 29/09/06. - wont comply letter - 16/10/06 16 days left- getting nowhere letter back! 16/11/06 Information Commissioners Office compaint - 18/12/06-Statments sent - prelim going out 24/5/07.

Virgin/MBNA - S.A.R 22/09/06 - part pay accepted - settled.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just spoken to the person dealing with my claim. He told me they're hoping to settle the cases for the 26th March next week. He has my details so I'm just waiting for him to get back in touch now.