rob-the-viking has a punt

rob-the-viking
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are just justifying the cosy position they have got snuggled up in bed with the banks I like this bit though

Prior to the test case, the scale of consumer litigation for the return of bank charges was resulting in conflicting outcomes and significant costs to individual consumers

err no it wasnt the banks paid out every time

pete

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please feel free Jailbird. PM me your email address and I'll email you the A4 scans.

happy to help

r-t-v

25/01/07 Statements collected online

27/01/07 Prelim sent

09/02/07 Thank you letter received (and duly ignored)

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

02/04/07 Notice of transfer paperwork received

10/04/07 Lattie's hastner sent

19/04/07 AQ arrived (never mind lattie!)

20/04/07 Last Chance letter sent to DG, AQ filled out.

08/05/07 AQ returned to courts, cc'd to DG

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

14/06/07 Directions hearing set for the end of August. 10 long weeks away.

14/06/07 rob-the-viking waits yet longer......

23/08/07 DG apply for a stay, instantly granted by judge.

29/08/07 The waiting begins again, 7 months since prelim was sent.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

• 6 months later...

Greetings to one and all. I have returned from my travels to some of the not so nice places in the world. Got the luxury of spending my 30th Birthday in one desert with very little booze, (Thanks for the Birthday wishes by the way PD!) came home for Christmas then away for a spell in a different desert! Been back two weeks and my bloody tan has faded already!

I have been trying to keep upto date with the goings on in the OFT test case, but my access to the internet has been poor at best. When I got back I thought "Sod it, I can just wade through hundreds of pages on this site adn catch up." But I was in a good mood so I thought I'd phone the chumps at HSBC to see what lies they'd try and spin me. Sure enough they didn't let me down! I obviously got the guy who was on work experience, so clearly the brains of the outfit.

"What's happening with the OFT test cast?" says I

"It's over. As far as I'm aware the banks won, but I'm not 100% sure."

Fortunately this callsign wasn't born yesterday and demanded he shut his stupid word hole and put me on to someone who knew what they were talking about. After about 10 minutes on hold (probably whilst they searched the building/street/local fast food joint to find someone with a clue!) a "Supervisor" came on and told me the Judge had retired to consider his verdict. I they gave him both barrels (not for real, I had to hand my rifle back in!) about the chump I spoke to first giving me mis-information. No need to really, but it made me feel better!

So here we are, hope all the old faces are still around, Pete/lattie/PD/auders/freaky/jonnymitch etc. Looking forward to getting some banter in!

A fully refreshed

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

Argh! If I remember rightly, your court case should have been on my birthday! Bugger! Oh well, I've been waiting since Jan last year, I can hold out a few more months I guess.

Glad to hear you're well flower!

a sleepy

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

Welcome back Rob !!!

well you got the right information out of HSBC eventually which is quite unusual :D

We are expecting the high court judge to wake up sometime in July and tell us what he dreamed :D hopefully it wont be a nightmare for us :rolleyes:

We are all still about although mostly twiddling our thumbs :rolleyes: good to see your back and raring to go :)

pete

Greetings Pedro!

I kinda knew you'd still be defending the faith! Especially at this time of night! Should change your name to nosferatu (spelling?) me thinks!!

Glad you're well too flower!

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

I only drink beer and maybe a little wine or vodka at night, no animal based products :D

The only blood letting I do is draining the life blood of the leach banks :) which I do take great pleasure in doing myself or telling others how :D

pete

Well PD, if it's before, and you get the money that you deserve, you can buy me a cake!!! Hopefully I won't be picking bits of sand out of it this year! I Found a place that makes Ice Cream and Sponge cakes.... (Makes drooling noise like homer simpson)

Pete, beer is the future! I've seen it, I had an epiphan eppifa epiffan, sod it, I had a vision and it told me beer was good!

Just made the mistake of asking the other half what she wants for her birthday, "I've seen a bag I like." she replies. I was wounded to learn that said bag was made by Radley and would be costing me £175!

Bugger.....

All I got for my birthday was to pick sand out of my ass!!

A skint

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

Welcome back Rob-:) nice to hear you're back safe again - the vikings had a bit of a rough time out there last tour......... :(

Now you can stand easy for a wee while and take pot shots at HSBC (figuratively speaking) , (or 'laffin' as pete would say!LOL!)

Keep in touch mate,

johnny

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

I don't serve with the vikings, the nickname comes from elsewhere. I do have mates that do though, they said it was not too clever out there. The series Ross Kemp made is the best portrayal or service life in the middle east we have seen. I would love to say that the government sat up and took notice, but they don't give a crap. Out there our lads are not fighting for queen and country, not for Brown or that BLIAR before him, not cause they believe it's right, they are fighting for each other, nothing more and nothing less. The forces are treated like sh*t by the governmet, we are quite simply at breaking point. Should we have to fight another war tomorrow, we'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle, boat, life jacket or the ability to swim.

To get home after experiencing that kind of thing and to be expected to slip back into normality overnight is an impossibility. I am proud of my job, I am proud to defend my country, I am willing to risk my life. But I'd like to see the mugs that decided that we were going into afghanistan on the frontline, stood next to the troops under fire though, just to see how much they sh@ themselves. We will be there for many years to come and many, many, many more lives will be lost.

R.I.P. James Dwyer, Mick Smith, Soldiers to the end.

Stand Down Troops.

I shall now get of my soapbox and retire to bed before I get really angry.

Apologies for the rant people. Sleep well.

A thoughtful

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

Good to see you again Rob.

I don't think any apologies are necessary for speaking your mind. You do a job that is difficult enough without the govt making thing worse. I for one am grateful that you and the rest of the forces are willing to continue to do your job.

How you manage to cope with the extreme differences of life on the front line and life at home when on leave I will never know. Big respect to you.

Sorry rob, - I just naturally associated you with the vikings. I know one or two of them myself.

I know where you're coming from with your comments . It used to be traditional in the forces to moan and blame everything on the government - it released the pressures - trouble is now -it's true -it's them to blame........

I agree with freaky - I have the greatest respect for all of you in the mob these days - you've earned it.

Stay safe mate

johnny

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi ya rob - good to have you back safe and sound (?!) or at least in one piece. thanks for what you do. we, the little guys, really do appreciate it. not too much going on here - just keeping my oar in now and again.

welcome home!

Greetings lattie, glad to hear you're still floating about. I expect you might have a little more to do once the verdict is released in the year 2053! Sorry, I meant July this year. Although saying that, which ever way it goes it is almost certain to go straight to appeal IMHO, so that'll take many many more years! Think I'll be drawing my pension before the banks pony up!

Really the way I see it is simple, ignore the arguments from both sides, all this is going to boil down to is 1 simple fact. Has a high court Judge got the minerals required to rule against the big banks? Remembering that we have a judicial system that is nothing if not antiquated! I'm hoping the man in question (who's name eludes me!) does have the required stones. I expect that the banks at high level are massively corrupt and may even try to bribe/pressure the man to rule in their favour. It ashames me to think that such things might happen in this day in age, but I believe they still do. I do hope I am way off the mark though. All of that is of course IMHO and doesn't reflect the views of anyone sane.

Consider my breath baited!

fl, have you been ill old bean? I'm still trying to play catch up on the tens of thougsande of threads I've missed over the last few months!

A "Feeling the monday morning blues....."

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

Good morning Rob, I think thats a fair assessment of the situation, if things go as expected the stays should come off when the judge hands down his verdict in July(ish) but there are many things that may affect this.

Even ignoring the basic nature of the human animal and the corruption this can lead to it may be seen that as banking is one of the UK's major industries now (and the government do now own a bank) they need to be protected from the vicious consumer :rolleyes:.

but we will see :grin:

pete

I would love to think that the Judge would hand down a considered, unbiased and fair verdict (which would obviously be in our favour!). But having been screwed over by the government more times than I care to remember in my line of work, forgive me if I display a slight lack of faith.

IMHO the coroners from Wiltshire and Oxfordshire that do the investigations in to the Deaths of servicemen/women when they are repatriated from Iraq/Afghanistan should have heard the case. They have absolutely no problem with highlighting the governments failings in public. This has the government so worried that they are actually trying to change the law so that military deaths can only be investigated by military coroners, so all the repeated failures by the clowns in parliment and how a £40 piece of kit could have saved lives, will never make it in to the public eye.

I ask you how corrupt can you get!

Sorry, I appear to be getting on my soapbox once more!

Back onto subject, I do however take slight comfort in the fact that the Judge has delayed the release of his verdict until July. In my heart I hope that this is due to him taking the time to consider the case and make sure he findings are correct. If the banks had got to him (which they may/may not have) then it would have been found in their favour already.

In my head I suspect however, the delay is to alow him to take a longer holiday and get a decent tan before his findings go public!

a labour loathing

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

may be seen that as banking is one of the UK's major industries now (and the government do now own a bank)

Funny pete, I was under the impression that the government owns b****r all ;) . The only money they have is ours, so the bank is owned by us ...........:D . So why don't we give ourselves a loan...?:rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

I don't think any of us mind you getting on your soap box Rob, what you have to face when on tour makes all of this pale into insignificance and we will always be indebted to you and all of your mates.

To be honest I personally welcome your comment otherwise all I would see is what the media want me to see which again can be subject to distortion or not reported because they think it is now "old news" :rolleyes:.

pete