Preliminary approach letter address?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you mean to get your statements or to ask for your money back?

If you want your statements I suggest you call them (don't say why you want them) and ask - they'll order them over the phone or in the branch and charge you £5 instead of the £10 for S.A.R. I've tried both options for different accounts and have found that asking them over the phone got me my statements quicker and cheaper - just feed them a line about wanting them for your accountant or for a mortgage company or something.

If you are writing, write to their Registered Office which is the Trinity Road address at the bottom of your statements or on all letters they write.

This is also the address you'll need if it comes to issuing proceedings.

I've successfully claimed £2862 and am onto my 2nd claim for £3080 - you'll be fine !

Good Luck !

Zboo :p

No not the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), I've already got all my charges. This is the next letter, in which you request all your money back and list all the charges they've unfairly made against you.

It's not a big claim, only around £224, but that's alot when you're currently unemployed I can tell you.

Edit: Ah ok, the Trinity Road address, of course. Thanks :)

I don't think it matters how much it is, it's YOUR money, not theirs and they shouldn't have taken it from you in the first place - hopefully you'll get some nice interest on top and that'll help even more !

Best of Luck !

Zboo :p

That would be a much quicker and safer option. Is that standard procedure though? Will an email be taken seriously? I know your's was since it was already "lost in the post".

You're on stony ground with e-mail. You know it was delivered by the receipt you were sent. Now, how do you prove it was delivered?

If you send all your letters by recorded delivery, Royal Mails website has a track and trace option. From there you can see when/where/what time your letter was delivered. You can print that out and add it to your file. Why would a huge organisation falsify their records to help your claim?

If the bank want to claim they didn't receive it or it took weeks in their internal mail - TOUGH!

Obviously you need a pro active response for the SAR but after that if you know they received it on eg the 10th your next letter is, as it says in the letters, sent two weeks later, the 24th. This is regardless of whether they have acknowledged, responded, made an offer, whatever.

They didn't ask you when it would be convenient to take out charges.

We don't ask when it's convenient to take them to court!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

Hi,

Just to add to my last note. When you email customer relations you get an email back stating that your email has been received and it also contains a copy of what has been sent. I have done my whole claim by email and from start to finish my claim to full settlement has only taken 4 days. ok i think there is a bit of luck on my side. Also me calling them chasing did also speed things up. At the end of the day i just want my money as quickly as poss, and i know that emailing has cut down on time

hope this helps

kbecksarch

:p kbecksarch:p

Sally