Has anyone been treated differently after claim?

lindylou1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Has anyone here been treated any different by Barclays after they have had a claim settled? or even had their account closed?

I am asking this as i am filing a claim on behalf of my partner and he is very nervous about them being petty with him if i proceeds with the claim.

He has a parachute account but has been with Barclays for 21 years and doesn't like change.

My thoughts are they are unlikely to close his account as he has a loan with them and is not in a position to settle this in full.

Hi Lindy! My account with B******s was closed in April 2006. I had an overdraft which I arranged to repay at a modest amount per month which I could afford. In August 2006 I started the process of reclaiming my bank charges. Since then B's have decided that the previous arrangement regarding the overdarft wasn't good enough, and applied to county court for a ccj, which they got, I wasn't in arrears, the payments were regular, they had no good reason to this. Since then B's have applied for an attachment to my earnings through the court, which they have also got, despite my application to the contrary, and in the process, the monthly amount was set by the court at approx 8 times what I was previously paying! Coincidence, or is this intimidation and bullying? So in answer to your question I think there is every likelihood of being treated differently. It seems that B's will do anything within their power to try and deter these claims, anything other than actually go to court and defend themsleves that is, because they know that what they're doing is unlawfull, and indefensible! It's not going to work with me though!;)

^pretty much..

if your bank account finances are in a mess, directly before and after your case against barclays is settled your account is generally in their hands..

most people set up another account while making their claim just to be on the safe side..

i personally haven't been in arrears for the past 2 and a half years (about the time i cancelled my overdraft facility) so i should be okay..

:cool: Barclays claim for £1,460

10/06/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent.

21/06/06 - Statements received.

05/10/06 - Prelim letter sent.

19/10/06 - LBA sent.

02/11/06 - Offer received for £700.

12/11/06 - Rejection letter sent.

23/11/06 - MCOL submitted (£1,890.27 with 8% interest).

24/11/06 - Charges schedule sent to bank & court.

28/12/06 - Barclays file defence/AQ received from court.

14/01/07 - AQ & charges schedule sent to court.

Hi

Has anyone here been treated any different by Barclays after they have had a claim settled? or even had their account closed?

I am asking this as i am filing a claim on behalf of my partner and he is very nervous about them being petty with him if i proceeds with the claim.

He has a parachute account but has been with Barclays for 21 years and doesn't like change.

My thoughts are they are unlikely to close his account as he has a loan with them and is not in a position to settle this in full.

I have successfully claimed against Barclays and they settled in full just after Christmas. I have two accounts, one that I use regularly for bills etc and the other that is sat there with a scary overdraft. I have had no problems with them and did not even open a parachute account. They haven't threatened me about the overdraft or anything. Throughout the whole process, I have found all the staff I have dealt with from the call centre staff to the legal clerks dealing with my claim to be friendly and helpful. So don't feel that you should accept a gesture of goodwill just to keep things friendly. I had no problems and would commend them on their customer services.

• Confused 1

If you think I have been any help at all, click my scales, go on.... You know you want to! :lol:

LLoyds: (Husband) - *Settled in full* 20/12/06

Halifax: (Mum) - *Settled in full* 05/12/06

Studio: *Settled in full and more* 09/12/06

GE Capital - *Settled in full* 16/11/06

Barclays: - *Settled in full* 04/01/07

Capital One: - *Settled in full* 02/02/07

MBNA: - *Settled in full* 30/01/07

Yorkshire Bank (Friend) - *Settled in full* 30/06/07

LLoyds TSB x 3 in progress (Friend x 2 and Husband again)

Abbey National in progess (Friend)

I think Im gonna go open a parachute acct. I havent up til now.

I was thinking, maybe IF they didnt close the acct etc, I could go and negotiate a new 'over limit' fee for myself, say, err £12? Instead of £30! :D

They say it costs the bank less than £4, so £12 aint bad is it? ;)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

Since then B's have decided that the previous arrangement regarding the overdarft wasn't good enough, and applied to county court for a ccj, which they got, I wasn't in arrears, the payments were regular, they had no good reason to this.

so how can they get a ccj if you were not in arrears?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON