ADT Fire & Security

raaydaar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings all, just thought I would run this by you and see what you think, back in about 2001 we purchased a burglar alarm from ADT on the basis that the salesman told us that we had to pay for monitoring for 12 months then after that time we could cancel and keep the system.

After the 12 months we wrote to them and cancelled however when we came to move house in December 2005 we found that they had obtained a charge against the house and were after over £2000 to release it, we duly paid cos we had to sell the house to relocate for my work.

We never received any communications from ADT, a collection agency, solicitors or the courts regarding this matter and it seems that judgement was entered without us having the opportunity to defend.

Unfortunately I no longer have the paperwork relating to this so I thought I would send a modified cca to try and get a copy of the original agreement.

My Address

January 26th 2007

ADT Fire & Security

SECURITY HOUSE

THE SUMMIT

HANWORTH ROAD

SUNBURY-ON-THAMES

MIDDLESEX

TW16 5DB

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− My Old Address

With reference to the above property, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of the executed credit agreement relating to the security system which was installed at the above address.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Raaydaar

If they are unable to supply us with a copy of the agreement can I go after them for the £2k + and get the judgement overturned, or do I have to just accept he fact that we've just been unlucky and sit with the ccj (which is now satisfied) for the next few years

We received absolutely nothing at all from anyone ,the first we knew about this was when our solicitor did hs searches for the sale of the house and it flagged up the charge, we're a bit peeved since had we known about the court case, we were at that time in a position to argue our case and pay the £805 that ADT wanted if we were to lose. Instead we've been hammered with about and extra £1400

I've tried contacting ADT's solicitors about this but they never reply to my phone calls

We received absolutely nothing at all from anyone ,the first we knew about this was when our solicitor did hs searches for the sale of the house and it flagged up the charge, we're a bit peeved since had we known about the court case, we were at that time in a position to argue our case and pay the £805 that ADT wanted if we were to lose. Instead we've been hammered with about and extra £1400

I've tried contacting ADT's solicitors about this but they never reply to my phone calls

if you have not recieved any claim form then you could have the judgment set aside. this would also remove the charge (if it was still there)

more info here for you:

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 12 How To Set Aside A Judgment In The County Court

I've thought about that, but the judgement was entered back in 2003, settled in 2005 when we moved. Plus can you actually apply for a judgement to be set aside after you've paid the money?

If I were to apply for the judgement to be set aside, could I apply to reclaim the 1400 extra I've paid?