Global Debt Management Services Limited

PriorityOne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

.... are a seperate limited company owned by Alliance & Leicester. A & L use these people to collect debts. However, they are not registered with the IFO as a data controller, they are filing dormant company accounts and they have themselves down as a non-trading.

If they have been collecting payments from you, then they are trading. They are not registered to process your data and if you are currently dealing with these people, I strongly advise you to check this out with the IFO and Companies House because this information will strengthen any case that you may have against them....

:)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys, don't know where this topic is still live....

BUT...

I have received a letter this weekend from the said Global Debt Management Services LTD, it is basically saying that i now have to start paying them £150 per month from Dec 09 till May 10.... !!!!

I have a Personal Loan from A & L and i have never been in debt or arrears to them since taking the loan out..

Why the hell are A & L giving this company my loans details?

Is there anything i can do about this.?

Any info would be greatly received.

Regards..

Carl.

Hi guys, don't know where this topic is still live....

BUT...

I have received a letter this weekend from the said Global Debt Management Services LTD, it is basically saying that i now have to start paying them £150 per month from Dec 09 till May 10.... !!!!

I have a Personal Loan from A & L and i have never been in debt or arrears to them since taking the loan out..

Why the hell are A & L giving this company my loans details?

Is there anything i can do about this.?

Any info would be greatly received.

Regards..

Carl.

Global is a name that A&L use when the write off loans, they generally sit in the same offfices as A&L loans collections. Instead of selling bad loans to a 3rd party they keep them inhouse and call themselves Global

It's interesting that they're involving Global when you've never been in arrears...

You say they want £150 a month.... What are the normal repayments on the loan? If you've paid A&L less than the agreed repayments for any reason, then this may be why they've passed it over.... otherwise it's very mysterious.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this is connected to Global or not but thought I'd share this experience:

My partner defaulted on a A+L loan almost 5 years ago, but entered into an agreement to make repayments directly to A+L. She has been making regular monthly payments of £170 since Sept 2005 without fail.

She phoned yesterday to make her regular payment as usual, but got a recorded message saying the number was no longer in use, and to call another number.

She called the other number, it was Abbey (both are part of the Santander group) who told her the debt had been passed to a collections agency, but couldn't tell her which one (they said they used "four or five")

She was still able to make a payment over the phone, but was told the collections agency would be in touch and she'd need to make payment arrangements with them.

A bit different from howie's problem as my partner's account was in default, but quite annoying as she'd made 50 agreed payments on schedule and now it seems to have been passed elsewhere.

Edited by monstermind

Ulster Bank

Paid in full Jan 2007, £2266.00