Help - I think I have messed up my claim!

julie.hartery
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there - i think i have messed up and dont know whether to bail out and start again - if i can?!

am in the court proceedings etc but today received the AQ from Cobbetts and in paragraph G it stated that the court should strike my claim as i havent given any particulars of claim. Earlier this week i received a letter from them saying they didnt receive my schedule of charges etc - the problem being i didnt use the one on this forum to work out interest etc cos my computer was down and dont have printer so i just highlighted all charges on the statements they sent me and sent them back to nat west requesting the total amount - so obviously i dont have copies of the statements! I wrote to cobbetts this week to say that everything had been sent to nat west and i thought they would have passed it on to them but now i will have to write and ask for the statements again - i did write the same day to nat west again asking for all statements and enclosing cheque for £10 - i really dont know what to do - do I write/fax court to say that i am requesting duplicates because they had them back? any help would be so much appreciated as i feel sick with worry! Julie x

welcome to the CAG family, sounds standard stuff from Cobbetts. Have a read of cobbetts and CPR part 18 request. If you want you can ring up and ask for copy statements at £5 and they should come through in a week or so. You should always keep copies of things you send. A lesson learnt I think. Having said that it is not all lost. Keep your chin up.

start again as u need to put the charges into the spreadsheet the courts require this elae your claim will be struck out. dont panic it will happen but best to get it right x

NatWest (CLAIM 1) - £2181.24 SETTLED IN FULL

VIRGIN MBNA - £377 SETTLED IN FULL + INTEREST

NATWEST (CLAIM 2) - £1008.30 - SETTLED IN FULL

thanks for your email - do you mean carry on with the existing claim but do the charges right now on the spreadsheet? or go through the whole claim process again and lose the £120? can i ask for extension or something with court? thanks again x

well without the evidence of charges your claim WILL be struck out, i have experienced similar to this even though i had sent the spreadsheets 3 times to natwest once to the court and three times to corbetts. the judge wrote to me - see my thread 'courts ordered my claim is stayed' just below this one.

have u got the charges with a description and a date? if so yes by all means put this onto the spreadsheet and sent it to thecourts corbetts and natwest, but if you havent its highly unlkely your claim will be settled - the spreadsheet is your eveidence?!

Julie apologies for contradictory advice, but I do bow to kerrie's call on this one because if you do not have the info by the time you have to respond then you will be back to the start.

u may well have time - use the advice of natweststaffmember in the stickys at the beginning of the natwest threads to get your statements and hopefully they will come in time. if u havent done the spreadsheets already though i gather you have not added the 8% interest on your court claim? you didnt calculate your charges then add on 8% on to the total did u? if this is what u did it is wrong as the 8% is added onto each individual charge not the whole amount.

not sure if i have the wrong end of the stick here, im no expert.

You have recieved a copy of cobbetts AQ, have you sent yours off yet?

If not you could ask for a stay on the form, allowing you longer to wait for the statements etc?

Check this with those in the know though, as i am a beginner at this stuff!

Neil

hi thanks all for replies - well iwrote/faxed to court today pleading ignorance - and yes i did just add 8% to total - i can only hope that they will look kindly on me and give me another chance til i get statements and so i can do it properly - please keep talking to me - i do appreciate it - julie x

i feel the same i sent out letter last week recorded sig required with highlighted statements and list of total inc interest etc of 2 accounts, however i sent to my local branch which started with a PO BOX, as suggested by a comment on this site. royal mail says not delivered yet when i track it, so think i have to send it again, got address in telford for credit management hope that works.

It doesn't matter.

The AQ is for the Court. Normal protocol is that each party sends a copy of the AQ to the other but it's not strictly necessary.

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html