New claim-starting Monday

sunnyjools
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have got a question before I send off my moneyclaim tomorrow,I have been sending my letters to head office,do I put defendant as my local branch or head office.

I see most people have put local branch,but that is when they have sent letters to there local branch.confused !!!!! just dont want to mess it up now.

I have checked on moneyclaim site and claim has been accepted 14/6/06 so 14 days from yesterday, will I hear soon I wonder. :rolleyes: jools

While I am waiting I am sorting out capital one,had a partial refund from them,now going for the rest.

I'm like you i am chasing cap one also for charges, i was in credit then they charged a late payment fee which took me over the limit so got an overlimit fee so now ive been charged £80+ since january! Hope you hear soon from natiowide

hi my letter to nationwide is ready to go but this thread has me confused.

do i A. send it to charles bacon head office

or B. my nationwide branch?? (if its my branch how do i address it properly, i know the address he he) :)

please help i was soooo close and now ive stumbled :(

please note its my `preliminary approad for repayment` im sending, i dont need to do dpa as i have my statements, ta.

I sent mine to my branch who replied saying they'd forwarded it onto the area office. It was the area office who I got all my 'bog off' letters from and to whom I have just issued court proceedings :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I sent both my prelim letter and letter before action to head office,charles bacon when it came to my moneyclaim I have given defendant as being my local branch but sent fax to head office stating that I have now commenced action. all letters that you send to your local branch will be forwarded to head office anyway so I dont think it really matters. jools

Hi there, I to have been running through this site and I come across your first thread. We have been in exacactly the same position. My partner 'tried' so very hard to be a sole trader but the bank made it impossible from day 1.

No overdraft facility at all and no leway, it was there way or no way. We began to think if they could have the shirt off his back then they would take it.

I could wallpaper 2 rooms with the amount of paperwork for charges they have sent us over the years but they don't care who goes down and who they make money out of it is usually the small person they chase and make life miserable as i was once told you are only 'a little fish in a big pond'.

They have left us high and dry on many an occasions with no money due to the charges superseding any monies left in the account.

Fortunately he has been employed for the last year but I shall never forgive them for the misery they put us through during those bleak years.

Hi battyboo

Are you claiming your charges back or was it more than 6 yrs ago,its feels so good to be able to do something about it and not just stand back and watch them take hard earned money. bit nerve racking now but knowing you are all in the background helping us along makes a big difference. AND I WILL WIN.

thanks for the incouragement, jools

Hi Sunnyjools, thanks for your response much appreciated. No the self-employement started approximately 6 yrs ago (obviously will get exact dates) which to me seems a good place to start.

Can you tell me if you have to go through 6yrs worth of bank statements or does the first letter do it all for you in requesting suchlike?

All the posts I have read are very heartwarming and so pleased that people are achieving what we all thought to be the impossible.

Thanks for now.

Help please, my moneyclaim is still saying issued on the 14 june, still doesn't say deemed served,have I done something wrong? I know they have 14 days but I was expecting some response by now.

14 days up on the 27 june - 8 days and counting

hey jools, anything? ive heard nothing, you done your online claim yet? i having a few probs with accessing spreadsheet so i have read around here and i think the 8% interest i'm owed something like £62.92 or is it (yippee if it is) £629.29? i had the first charge 5 yrs ago and i am claiming £1567.37 does this sound right to you? Diane:confused:

Hi, I have just started a claim and sent the standard letter to them. They have sent me (eventually all the information i require) do i claim 8% interest for the charges for each year, or can i claim (8% x 6 years) if you know what i mean. where do you get the standard spreadsheet for claiming?

Regards,

Jon

Help please, my moneyclaim is still saying issued on the 14 june, still doesn't say deemed served,have I done something wrong? I know they have 14 days but I was expecting some response by now.

14 days up on the 27 june - 8 days and counting

Jools, have you got your copy through the post - it says on there when it was deemed served. I got mine a couple of days after and we filed on same day....it was deemed served on 20th, 4th July to respond by.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks