Barclays bank OD being chased by thames credit. cca request?

welly_59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few years ago i had a student acct with barclays which i managed to run up a 2k debt through bad cash management. I have been recieving letters from thames credit asking me to make payments to them to pay the debt. I obtained a copy of my experian credit file last week and there is a default on there for the amount, registered by thames credit NOT barclays.

Does this mean that thames credit now own my debt?

I want to try and start sorting this debt so i would like some advice off you please on what action i should take. Can i state that i will only deal with barclays and not them? should i(can i) make a CCA request for my original credit agreement? will i even have one as its a bank account?

any advice would be excellent!

You should have received official notification of the intended default - a Default Notice - which allows you a chance to rectify the situation usually within 28 days.

Did you receive one?

I also think you should get some advice regarding any debt you have, especially if you have other creditors. The CCCS are very good for initial advice, you can call them free on 0800 138 1111 or click >> THIS

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

dont think i recieved a default notice, but i have recieved some other letter from them.

If they bought my debt shouldnt they have to show to me my original bank agreement with barclays and proof that the debt has been transferred to them?

I have taken advice about my debts and this is the last one that i need to sort out, all others have been dealt with.

anyone able to say if thames credit would have to provide me with a CCA for a bank acct?

i owe barclays about £2k for an old acct i had with them and its now being dealt with by thames credit who have registered a default in their name on me.

Can i make a CCA request to thames credit and a transfer of ownership thingy?

im not sure how i stand with the cca as it was a bank acct, not a loan or credit card

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Another stipulation required of the DCA and bank would be to let you know in writing that the account is being passed on... It seems as though they have been very sloppy in dealing with this.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

All you need to know who who owns the debt. You don't appear to doubt the debt is yours, so I'm not sure what benefit there would be in requesting a copy of the agreement under the CCA.

However, you do need to see a copy of the default notice they supplied you (if they did!!). This might be the reason for issuing a CCA request...

jonni, any chance you could point me in the right place of an example letter or wording i should use in a letter requesting information on who owns the debt(i presume its thames credit as the default is in their name), and a copy of the default notice that they should have sent me please?

cheers

Hi welly I had a similar problem with Thames and approached it by asking them to prove I owed the money. Requested CCA and SAR sending the correct fees. Thames failed to respond withn the time limits and I wrote telling them I did not owe them anything and would report to trading standards etc. Received letter saying they are closing files and removing any files from CRAs ;) . Might be worth you taking similar approach.