Problem with Clydesdale bank, please help??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Yorkshire Bank CC and have been dealing with Clydesdale Bank since attempting to reclaim £754 in excessive charges. I have hit a brick wall in that they have repayed me £301 of this back in the form of a cheque, which I have duly cashed, and wrote back accepting only as part payment on the understanding they will repay me back in full etc......

I heard nothing for over a month...(staff sickness I believe??)

I called them and they immediately wrote back saying that as I cashed the cheque i was effectively accepting that as their full and final settlement of the matter....(of which of course I stated I wasn;t in my rejection of settlement offer received) Not sure how to proceed, as normally I would have started moneyclaim by now however the recent correspondance is from an address in Glasgow, Scotland and of course you can't claim o/s England and Wales? I have an address for Customer relations in Leeds, could I use this an address to get round that obstacle???

Can anyone advise I would be very greatful

C

:cool: 20/07/06 - DPL sent

11/08/06 - Chased and faxed DPL letter to Halifax

1 week later received full set of statements (4 yrs)

:o 19/08/06 - Request for £2908.31 letter sent inc interest

:-| 22/08/06 - Standard resp rec'd

:oops: 5/09/06 - Offer of £236 rec'd (are they avin a laff?)

5/08/06 - Sent LBA

8/09/06 sent letter, will accept as part settlement from Halifax not full etc.

12/09/06 - Rec'd offer of £657 (6 mnths charges as full settlement)

15/09/06 - sent letter will accept as part payment on understanding I will recover the remainder etc...

:confused: 19/09/06 - Rec'd another offer of £717? No Deal!

25/09/06 - submitted moneyclaim for full amount + court costs

:D 29/09/06 - Halifax settled in full, £3,028.31

23/10/06 - Halifax credit card settled in full

20/1106 - MBNA stettled in full

23/1106 - Halifax cardcash settled in full

Hi Bran1507, this carrot being dangled in front of you is their way of getting out of paying up in full, unfortunately this seems to have worked in many a case which are now starting to appear across the forum. This is a learning curve for most on this site and we all learn as we progress, many earlier threads had advised to accept cheque as partial settlement and indeed i remember reading posts that said this wouldnt pose a problem as the bank are in no way in a position to set the terms,

this will pose a problem for you trust me on that however all is not lost as an argument can be made on that the contract you signed as full and final settlement that no consideration was given by the banks on this, this can only be argued in England though, scottish contract law dosent require consideration, bong discussed this in more detail in another thread

named claimitall, have a read and feel free to comment.