• Tweets

• We own a leasehold property where the local authority own the freehold. Major works were carried out 4/5 years ago to replace the balconies. Ours was not in disrepair nor had any issues that we were aware of, but it was done as part of the rounds. The replacement balcony was a nightmare with the contractor being changed half way through ( i think from memory due to quality) our balcony was started by one contractor and finished by another. The works took a very long time to complete as a result. The new balcony that was fitted now has puddles regularly outside the doors as well as a couple of safety concerns. Because of the nature of the issues we do not believe it was ever inspected prior to being signed off- it would not pass a safety inspection. We have not chased the local authority to pay the 5K that the work is costing us as we are not happy that it is worse then the one taken down and also we feel unsafe. We have asked for proof that it was inspected on completion but they were unable to provide anything. We have been in talks with them to get it checked 2 years ago but they stopped responding (I assume the staff member left) and have today received another request for payment and so we are back at the start- explaining that we are not happy to pay until the work is finished to a decent and safe standard comparable to before the works started. If it was any other goods or service the contractor/ goods provider would surely be expected to make good? Are we within our rights to expect a decent standard of work before paying the bill? Thanks in advance for any advice that can be offered
    • but HB, he's lying to them all. I don't think he can do any different   Thats likely to be his defense  - I really believed the doodoo I kept pulling out of my own backside - ask anyone - everyone knows I'm a lying incompetent sociopath with no sense of honesty or honor. How could I know different.   .. Although his close associates will claim in their defense - How were we to know he was a lying incompetent sociopath with no sense of honesty or honor - we believed him.
    • Did you view and purchase this solely on line without viewing the vehicle?   And can we have dates of each stage please?   Dx
    • Unfortunately I paid by debit card.   Copart are saying that because they provided an image of the rev counter when the engine was switched on and that the counter registered zero I should have know that the engine was faulty...   my argument is, that if the engine was faulty they should have stated this as the primary fault reason, and not that of the 'minor dents & scratches '    
    • My client has considered the matter and considers most of the items claimed on the schedule of loss are not part of the contract be it the first contract or the second. The only items that are claimed that are part of the contract are as follows:- 1. Rain water goods £190.00 2. Damage wall whilst installing flitch beam to both kitchen and lobby (re-plastering) £300.00. 3. Removal of debris £150.00. 4. Mechanical extractor failed control switch £50.00. 5. Air brick – remove debris poor workmanship £50.00. The rest of the items claimed are not within the contracts. Your client is claiming for things that are to finish off the rest of his house e.g. double glazing. To conclude this matter our client is willing to offer £1,000 in full and final settlement of this matter. That amount is inclusive of interest and costs given it is a small amount and would fall into the small claims category. We reserve the right to refer to this offer in relation to costs at the Trial
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

GE inept

cherminate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received information relating to my SAR from GE (2 accounts). For one it seems to be in order with photocopies of statements. However for the other it is merely a sheet of paper with closing balance for each month details and solicitors fees and legal fees. Luckily I have almost a full set of statements for that account. If it gets to court it will be interesting to produce their paltry info. compared to mine.

Will I be able to add the LEGAL CHARGES and SOLICITORS FEES> As far as I am aware they have their own in house team so any correspondence would have been sent from them and I'm sure they sent this debt to a DCA.