Basic court bundles

Guest louis wu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest louis wu

Abbey may, or may not file their defence in time, unfortunately, they will get round to it eventually, and the courts will allow this.

Never mind, you are nearly there now kia, a small bit of patience (albeit a bit nervously) and the drinks will be on you;)

No flapping allowed, any probs, come back and we'll sort them out. I've had a lot more practice now (as apposed to when I started this thread), and it will be fine.

Best wishes

louis

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest louis wu
Hi

Today I received a letter from the courts stating the bank intends to defend the claim.

I understand that I will need to fill in an allocation questionnaire once the court has sent it to me. At this stage do I need to send off a court bundle?

The court bundle I have downloaded is 40 pages long, is this the correct one and do I send it all without editing it? Do I need to send them any other information?

Paul

Some courts have done away with the AQ, so I dont think you'll get one now.

As to the bundle, it sounds right, but thats only one section. You need to start with all relevant correspondance (section 1), a list of charges (section 2) all your statements (section 3) court bundle download.....dunlop, UTCCR1999 UTCA1977 etc etc. plus any other info(section 4).

Lots of pages, time consuming, expensive to send, but worth every penny, and second:).

It will be fine.

Best of luck

Louis

Hello All,

I have been chasing Abbey for the return of over £3,000 of charges. I started my claim via moneyclaim and Abbey and responded stating they will defend the claim. I am feeling a little out my depth now but going to keep fighting to reclaim those charges.

The courts have not asked me to complete a AQ and so I just need to prepare my case ( The court has also not mentioned a charge for the AQ so I am assuming I don't need to pay for this?). I have a copy of the basic court bundle, but there seems to be a heap of additional documentation I am required to fill out. Could someone give me an overview of what I MUST complete and are there examples of a completed court documents?

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

Guest louis wu
The courts have not asked me to complete a AQ and so I just need to prepare my case ( The court has also not mentioned a charge for the AQ so I am assuming I don't need to pay for this?).

Thats correct, more courts are doing away with this to speed things along (they know the banks wont go all the way with thier defence), and as such thier is no fee to pay.

I have a copy of the basic court bundle, but there seems to be a heap of additional documentation I am required to fill out. Could someone give me an overview of what I MUST complete and are there examples of a completed court documents?

Not sure what court docs your refering to. The basic bundle is what's contained in the Bookworm link (which it sounds like you've got). Look at my post (no 27) to see what I put in mine.

I started my claim via moneyclaim and Abbey and responded stating they will defend the claim.

This is perfectly normal, and nothing to worry about.

I am feeling a little out my depth now but going to keep fighting to reclaim those charges.

Again perfectly normal, I think we can all relate to that. Don't worry, Abbey won't want to go to court, as this will mean disclosing thier actual costs (not the £35 they charge us), and they don't want to do that.

Your doing fine, just look at the bundle, start putting it together section by section, and it will all work out ok.

Best of luck

Louis

Hi Louie Wu,

I just wanted you to know that i've received a letter from Abbey saying they are sending me a cheque for the full amount in settlement of my claim! Of course they're not admitting any liability but i'm getting all my money back along with court costs and interest on the provision I withdraw my claim from court!

I had just got my court bundle together and didn't even need it as they settled the day before I sent it off!

Thank you so much for your help, i'm so glad I stuck to my guns and didn't back down.

You give people a lot of support and make them see they're not alone - so thanks again!

And good luck to everyone else - stick with it, you WILL win!

Guest louis wu

Byron, great news.

Just wait until you get the cheque and bank it before you cancel the claim.

Have you thought of this, it does work (I got an extra £200, even without this template, so its well worth considering)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=84&a=84

I claimed 20 hours @£9.25/hour and various postage, telephone, sars request etc costs, and told them £200 would cover it and they agreed.

Any problems let me know

Louis

In the court bundle along with my correspondence do I have to include correspondence from the court i.e - acknowledgement of service & transfer of proceedings?

Also I have been asked to supply a statment of evidence which I have taken from the one used by GaryH. With this you are supposed to attach - Australian default charges report, but the link for this takes you to a domain names register! Does anyone have a copy of this available?

Cheers

Brownie24:)

Guest louis wu
In the court bundle along with my correspondence do I have to include correspondence from the court i.e - acknowledgement of service & transfer of proceedings?

Yes, just put everything into date order, number all of the pages and put a little index at the front.

Also I have been asked to supply a statment of evidence which I have taken from the one used by GaryH. With this you are supposed to attach - Australian default charges report, but the link for this takes you to a domain names register! Does anyone have a copy of this available?

Not sure what this is, can you tell me where on GaryH's thread this post is, and I will have a look.

Louis

Guest louis wu
Ha, Ha, thats brilliant!

Thats my next job then!

I'll be in touch and let you know if anything comes of it!

You may need to put it in writing, but they will pay if you push it.:D

As far as I'm concerned it's nothing that we're not entitled to.

Louis

Not sure what this is, can you tell me where on GaryH's thread this post is, and I will have a look.

Louis

Hi

It's on the post re. new strategy for Allocation Questionnaire #no55. (i can't work how to get the link up....doohhh)

He mentions the documents to attach with it but I just can't find the Australin default charges report by Nicole Rich.

Brownie24:)

Hi again Louis,

I've copied the letter template but as for getting the names and court order numbers to show the court all the others Abbey have paid off I'm not too clear on.

I work on a mac and we dont do 'spreadsheets'!

Is there anything I could click and copy the names and court numbers from rather than putting in a spreadsheet?

Guest louis wu
I've copied the letter template but as for getting the names and court order numbers to show the court all the others Abbey have paid off I'm not too clear on.

I work on a mac and we dont do 'spreadsheets'!

Is there anything I could click and copy the names and court numbers from rather than putting in a spreadsheet?

I remember when I done mine there was a section that had Abbey succeses in, I cant find it now. I dont think its essential, but will dig my old bundle out and put a few no's on later:)

Louis

Guest louis wu

Oh just out of interest have you put yours in a folder?

Brownie24:-)

Mine needed a lever arch file, and IMO it looks better in a folder, so yes, use one:).

Louis

Guest louis wu
It's on the post re. new strategy for Allocation Questionnaire #no55. (i can't work how to get the link up....doohhh

I see what you mean.:confused:

To be honest, I don't think you need to worry, as the document will not be examined in any great detail, and so long as the bsics are there you will be fine.

You could go on forever adding little bit here and there, so make a decision just to include the tried and tested ones included in the basic court bundl, and you'll be fine.

Louis

Guest louis wu

As for putting a link into post, put the cursor on the link (it will change colour), right click (you get a sub menu), click on 'copy shortcut'.

Then put the cursor where you want to copy the shortcut, right click, and select 'paste'

Voila, shortcut appears (it looks different after you submit the post)

Louis

hi every1

just a quick post.

my bank statements..............do i photocopy the whole lot or just the bit where it says £x amount will be debited and the dates(1st page)..........what did u do.

many thx

Guest louis wu
my bank statements..............d o i photocopy the whole lot or just the bit where it says £x amount will be debited and the dates(1st page)..........what did u do.

many thx

The parts that were statements, I copied front and back page(s), the rest was microfiche and that was easy.

Louis

Help.

I have just got my QA from the court do i have to send anything else back with it apart from my £100 fee. or do I just take it with me on the day to court????

Daz

Guest louis wu

I think you mean the AQ.

Just complete it and send it back. The court will send further instructions after the bank have submitted theirs

Louis

no only the £100 fee that was all i took in but you must have it back at the court before the date on the form there will be one on there somewhere and not on your court date mine had it right on the front of the form hope this helps