• Tweets

• Could you link us to BankFodder's post please? The judge's office means something different to me. HB
    • Hi LFI, With regard to the ANPR cameras in your post #65, while I was on the phone to the Planning Department, they did take a look at Google Streetview and went back to 2012 where they could see the ANPR cameras in place so therefore they would have deemed consent. I had previously read the T&C Planning Regulations and had read the section on deemed consent so I understood the point they made on the phone. It doesn't matter though, that doesn't harm my case any, and I shouldn't really mention this now, (this is what you reminded me of on another thread) but in the past I was a member of a scheme that gave me access to legal advice, I have spoken to a barrister previously through this scheme on another matter and I think I am still a member. I am going to check if I am still a member of the scheme, and if I am I will discuss my case with a barrister or solicitor, whichever the scheme deems appropriate. I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to take Bankfodders advice in the sticky and go to the local court and ask if I can sit in on a case in the Judges office.
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Basic court bundles

Guest louis wu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest louis wu

Hi all

I have read (several times) all the details contained in the basic court bundle, and to be honest feel like a duck out of water. It really does seem like all the build up to this point has been a game, and suddenly the stakes have been raised well above my limit. (Dont take the 'game' comment literally, getting one up on the shabby is no game).

I accept, even if I dont understand, the need for the unfair terms in consumer regulation act 1999, Dunlop pnuematic tyre co. ltd. V New garage and moter co ltd and all the rest of the information, but what if the Abbey solicitor ASKS me to EXPLAIN any of it to the judge? In the words of Del Boy, I will look a right plonker!.

I am sure I am not the only person thinking this, and have searched many threads for similar worries, but cant shake the feeling that I am out of my depth.

Obviously I have come too far to let it go without putting my case to the court, as it appears Abbey dont want to make me any offers, but can someone please cheer me up and explain what I should say if the Abbey try to call my bluff on the day.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this may not be of any help to you but you're not the only one who feels out of their depth. I would regard myself as intelligent but all the legal jargon has me flummoxed sometimes.

Judging by other cases, it wont even get as far as court, and it's also unlikely that the judge would sit and read through every page you've submitted.......well I'm hoping so anyway :-)

I'm just bluffing Abbey that I'm confident with what I'm doing to let them know they cant bully me into submission and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

• 1 month later...
Hi all

I have read (several times) all the details contained in the basic court bundle, and to be honest feel like a duck out of water. It really does seem like all the build up to this point has been a game, and suddenly the stakes have been raised well above my limit. (Dont take the 'game' comment literally, getting one up on the shabby is no game).

I accept, even if I dont understand, the need for the unfair terms in consumer regulation act 1999, Dunlop pnuematic tyre co. ltd. V New garage and moter co ltd and all the rest of the information, but what if the Abbey solicitor ASKS me to EXPLAIN any of it to the judge? In the words of Del Boy, I will look a right plonker!.

I am sure I am not the only person thinking this, and have searched many threads for similar worries, but cant shake the feeling that I am out of my depth.

Obviously I have come too far to let it go without putting my case to the court, as it appears Abbey dont want to make me any offers, but can someone please cheer me up and explain what I should say if the Abbey try to call my bluff on the day.

Can you let me know how you get on (or have got on?)

I'm scared to death and i'm seriously thinking of pulling out. I've got to the stage where they're defending the claim and i have to fill in the forms to send to the court for a date to be set. Any advice would be good if you have any. Thank You x

Guest louis wu

Byron,

I'm all done and dusted, full refund before court.:-)

Abbey will defend the claim, they are entitled to do so. The question is though, will they see it through to court, and the answer is almost certainly no (I don't know of any claim so far that has gone that far, Abbey have always settled)

As to the court bundle, I think everyone feels the same when the first look at it. The thing about it is this, its very logical in the first instance, just a chronological list of correspondance.

Next comes the schedual

The legal bit can be tough. I found that the more I read it, the more I understood it. Ultimately though, its designed to look good to the courts and Abbey (as well as having sound legal fact), as it proves you are aware of the law and are prepared for court.

As to the other court forms, well, they are all in the templates library. They are pretty standard, but all need your details adding, and should be adjusted as necessary to fit your claim.

I would start a thread detailing where you are, and what your next step is. You will get laods of help, but more importantly, you should really begin to understand the legal side of things (we're not solicitors, but the basic principles are easy enough to understand if you give it time).

Your nearly there now, so don't toss the towel in. We have all felt this way from time to time, so theres no problem having these thoughts, but stick with it, after all, just look at all the millions paid back to thousands of people in the last year.

Best of luck

Louis

To pick up louis' previous post, it's very illuminating to see the journey an individual travels in a very short space of time from a January post where he feels out of his depth to a March post, where he can grasp the points and arguments to the extent that he can advise and support others.

I'm not just referring to louis as an individual I'm talking about all of us in this situation and how we are able to develop and learn by reading the information and discussing the issues with others on here.

So my answer would be, keep reading, keep asking and if you put in enough effort then you will become sufficiently knowledgeable to enable you to overcome your concerns.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Guest louis wu

Charley,

You couldn't have hit the nail any squarer on the head if you tried.

This site is an amazing source of knowledge help and support. I have always held the firm view that I needed to know what I am doing, and not just follow templates blindly. I admit, I paniced a bit with the court bundle, but tried to follow the thoughts of those that designed it, and found that although some of it was beyond me, the majority started making sense.

I got the help when I needed it, read all that I could to understand it, and in the end felt very comfortable with it.

Thats what, in my opinion, is what CAG is all about. Empowerment, self learning, and support when needed. Added to that lots of inspiration from other peoples threads, and the success stories, and you've got a very powerful medium.

I have got my money back, but continue to come back to the site to help others, not for personal gain/gratitude, but to give a little back in order to repay all those that took the time to help me.

Louis

...... and if I could chip in, it helps no end when you know what the Bank's next move will be (probably !), and you can just laugh at their letters because you've seen already them on CAG with what others ahead of you in the process think of them. Otherwise, some of the letters would probably be threatening or intimidating enough to frighten people off. Regards, Mad Nick

• Haha 1

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Hi again,

I'm owed £301.40 by Abbey and, until now, had been sent a cheque for £60 declaring it was "full and final settlement". I sent a letter back saying at no time had I EVER stated that £60 would be either adequate or a full and final amount for settlement and said I would accept it as 'part payment' of the full amount or send it back to them at their request. (I had a letter in repsonse saying they would 'look at my complaint' and get back to me within the next 4 weeeks!)

I then received the court N149 application form to fill out (it was at this point that I first left a message on here) I have now received another letter from Abbey offering £150, minus the £60 cheque they sent!

So, i'm about to write them a letter saying thanks but no thanks and i've filled out the court form and will post it today!

You're right about feeling more confident when talking to others who've been through it. It really means a lot to get an idea of what the outcome may be.

One thing I'd like to know is, did you get to the point where you had to send your court bundles off BEFORE Abbey backed down or did they not let it go that far?

Thanks again for your help and feedback, Byron.

Guest louis wu

I sent my court bundle....cost a fortune (well about £7.00).

They settled about 3 weeks before the court date, but there doesn't seem to be any set pattern, they settle whenever they get round to it.

Nearly there mate, well done:-)

Louis

I sent my court bundle....cost a fortune (well about £7.00).

They settled about 3 weeks before the court date, but there doesn't seem to be any set pattern, they settle whenever they get round to it.

Nearly there mate, well done:-)

Louis

Hi Louis,

Did you send a copy to Abbey or just the court

Thanks

Dave

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Guest louis wu

You need to get copies to both.

I posted the one to Abbey, and hand delivered the one to court.

Louis

• 4 weeks later...

Hi LouisI have a court date set for 20 June 2007 so am also proceeding down this route. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to view the court bundle zip file, it is defaulting to Word but bringing it up in illegible code. Could you perhaps forward a copy to [email protected] Luck and just remember, judges and bankers and lawyers are all human - just like the rest of us.

Guest louis wu

Hello mate,

sent the email, hope you get it.

I never forget the human element, and as a consequence I am always polite to bank staff, whether in person or on the phone (I am polite to most peolple in fact), but the senior management need to remember that WE are human, and need treating with equal respect as well:)

Louis

Guest louis wu

Shez,

You must know by know that the chances of you actually having to sit before a judge are almost non-existant.

Just have another look at all the sucesses and if you have any worries, open a thread, write them down your problems, and people will help you solve them.

Try not to worry, thousands have gone before you, tens of thousands will come after you, and through it all we are all here to help each other.

Best of luck

Louis

Hi all

I am in court on 9th May and I am trying to get my court bundle together i just don't know which bits to add in the additional McNamara Interview, Competitions Communion Report or none or more any suggestions and do I

put it all in and number each page.

This is real scary stuff

Liverbird9

Guest louis wu

Just put in anything you feel will help. To be honest, its almost irrelevent as the chances of having to step foot in the court froom are very very slim.

It will all work out fine.

louis

you will get an offer once you sbmit it to abbey

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Hi can any one help i thought i had completed my court bundle but do i need to down load UTCCR 1999, UCTA 1977, SOGA 1982, and if so where do i get them from?

as in Bookworms Undex it says the above but gives no information where to get them from.

thanks if any one can help.

Liverbird9

liverbird,

These are contained on Bookworm's basic bundle. I didn't llok for SOGA but certainly saw the other two

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

What are you using to open the bundle on your computer? I'm using WordPad (and have tried others too), and even though bookworm said the link is fixed, i can only highlight it, which looks just greatz0042.gif but is at the same time useless!s21.gif The old bundle, which i have, has the 'http:// etc' so i could copy an paste and get at least 1 of them, but this new one has nothing!!

Any advice appreciated...Thanks in advance..z043.gif

hi i used word but could not copy the index page so i just typed my own. going to send my bundle tomorrow just hope its ok.

Anybody else in court in Liverpool on the 9th May at 10am as its a block booking apparantly and says it should only take 10 minutes.

Good luck anybody who is going through this process.

Liverbird9

Hi

Today I received a letter from the courts stating the bank intends to defend the claim.

I understand that I will need to fill in an allocation questionnaire once the court has sent it to me. At this stage do I need to send off a court bundle?

The court bundle I have downloaded is 40 pages long, is this the correct one and do I send it all without editing it? Do I need to send them any other information?

Paul

hiya kia here me too sent in my AQ which was mire straight forward than it looked handed into the court woman expecting her to say you stupid woman thats all wrong and youll have to do it all again just like in my nightmares,Now i start with new nightmares about court bundles and feel about 7 years old again and unable to even tie my own shoelaces lol.Im still awaiting any sort of mail from the courts to say abbey filled in there form so ill ponder on these court bundles and probably panic next week and do some flapping lolxxkia