smesin v Nationwide

smesin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I have been reading all your comments with interest.

I am trying to get my charges refunded from Nationwide also. I have sent the initial request and LBA (dated 14th Feb). I had a reply saying no to the initial letter but have not had a reply relating to my LBA.

Should I go ahead and file a claim or wait for a letter beck from Nationwide?

I am very scared at this stage and don't know what to do so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Michelle :?

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't this £12 limit already apply to credit cards yet they are still paying out claims why - Is it because that the £12 figure decided FSA/Ombudsman is still too high. If it costs the banks less than they charge to cancel a direct debit etc it is still unlawful regardless what the FSA/Ombudsman state the only way to reach a correct figure is for the banks to disclose what it costs them:rolleyes:. Until then I think the claims will go on.

Correct Mahharg.... And in regard to the allocation questionnaire, I am not sure of which path to go down (old strat or new)? What you said makes sense as I could do without the hassle of putting together a court bundle to be honest... however I must do more reading first as I have not fully got my head around both strategys... Comments appriciated....

I have received no notification that Nationwide have acknowled my claim as of yet... they have until 14th March (9 days) from today.

Thanks for everyones comments... Keep us posted..

Will keep you up to date.... Smesin

I heard from the local County Court today. The Court have reminded the Nationwide that they have until Friday 9th March to file a defence, which they have not done as yet. If they fail to defend then the claim defaults in my favour and I will finally receive the £1045 that they still owe me! Unless that is I get to send the bailiffs in??

KenSpe

How much do you need the money?... don't hassle them... They could just forget to pay you with their increased workload!! Mr Bacon will open the paper to see pics of your local branch being done over by heavies... Wishful thinking...lol

post #51

eggopp v mr Bacon......sounds tasty!! :D

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

Hello Smesin good to see you back on your own thread.

Correct Mahharg.... And in regard to the allocation questionnaire, I am not sure of which path to go down (old strat or new)? What you said makes sense as I could do without the hassle of putting together a court bundle to be honest...

Because both AQ are ok in their own right suppose you need to ask your self a few questions

1) Will the bank use their stalling tactics to delay paying out.

A) At the moment not Nationwide (compared to others). They could change though.

2) Am I prepared to wait for my money (interest will be increasing everyday) should they apply these tactics.

A) If yes then go for the original AQ. You will get your money.

If no then go for the new AQ if you don't mind getting your court bundle together.

does this help make your mind up!

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hello Smesin good to see you back on your own thread.

Because both AQ are ok in their own right suppose you need to ask your self a few questions

1) Will the bank use their stalling tactics to delay paying out.

A) At the moment not Nationwide (compared to others). They could change though.

2) Am I prepared to wait for my money (interest will be increasing everyday) should they apply these tactics.

A) If yes then go for the original AQ. You will get your money.

If no then go for the new AQ if you don't mind getting your court bundle together.

does this help make your mind up!

Deal Noel!!! Sorry...

Option 2.... I'll wait it out.... They might forget then I can send the baliffs in.

Cheers Mahharg

P.S. Hows the No Smoking going?

I filed our claim on the 28th feb and havent heard a dicky bird as yet. I wait with anticipation. :rolleyes:

Kwaker I sent mine on 21st I was told by my county court that it wouldn't be issued for around 10 days. I phoned court on 1st March (premature I know) and was told it had been issued on 28th Feb and notice sent to me same day. Still waiting for post to arrive (good old royal mail). I think you have to wait a little longer or contact your local court and ask how long it should take before issue they should have an idea.

P.S. Hows the No Smoking going?

7 weeks and 3 days now and I have been to the local a couple of times. Found it easy with a drink(strange) just drink faster Hic!. I have had my tough moments but got over them. I am now going through days without even thinking about them :D As you can see my teeth are whiter as wel:lol:.

how about you then Smesin still off the fags.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Mr Bacon put his email address on mine... Hmmm could be very nasty.. but i wont

I will, his email address is [email protected]

If you want to email him, email him - we certainly don't owe him any favours - all he is doing is delaying all your claims and mine waiting for an announcement from the OFT. My claim has been going on since Oct 06 and I'm still waiting for FULL settlement.

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Hi everybody. Hope you don't mind me joining the gang at this point. I'm taking on Nationwide too and below is my story so far:

15/12/06 First letter claiming £22 + £5.65 interest on a Flex Joint Account

28/12/06 Standard Rejection Letter (SRL) from NW

2/01/07 Second letter informing Court Action

10/01/07 SRL from NW

At this point I read that it might be possible to claim beyond six years and so I have now started from scratch and issued a 'First' letter claiming charges on both a Flex Personal and a Flex Joint Account.

31/01/07 New 'First' letter claiming £297 'without interest as a gesture of goodwill' !!! (Am I naive or what?)

6/02/07 SRL from NW (Richard Huntley)

9/02/07 Another SRL from NW (Mary Lydon)

22/02/07 Another SRL from NW (Michael Colton)

I'm now in the process of using the Small Claims Pack Form N1.

Question? Is everything I'm doing so far all OK? Any advice appreciated. Thanks

I will, his email address is [email protected]

If you want to email him, email him - we certainly don't owe him any favours - all he is doing is delaying all your claims and mine waiting for an announcement from the OFT. My claim has been going on since Oct 06 and I'm still waiting for FULL settlement.

I just did, i emailed him a nice little note and a copy of my list of charges lol.

I wonder if he will reply to me??? lol :roll:

Nothing wishful about it !!! If they dont pay me or defend as they have indicated i will send in the bailiffs...

Actually someone should set themselves up as a CAG bailiff and represent the forum groups lol

No i havent been paid yet, done MCOL, been acknowledged and there going to defend, they have till 28 march, so unless they start paying up i have to sit back and wait.. Ive seen on some threads people get there money around about a week after MCOL has been acknowledged, but not me, not yet.

Ok, check this out... This is the letter I received from the complaints department when it was passed on to them. Ive not heard of them admitting defeat in this way before but atleast I now have clarification and don't have to worry about court, etc. Has anyone else ever had this letter?

Nevertheless, I have still not received my money.... Will celebrate when I see it in my account!!!!!!!!!

Smesin

Letter From Nationwide.doc

wow, great letter, maybe they have decided to save themselves some cash and just pay out now. After all, their strategy so far must have cost them.

BTW - have you asked them about the interest on those charges?

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Nationwide have justpart settled my claim. I claimed contractaul interest but they chose top pay SI interest plus charges and court fees. Do I have to advise the court of partial settlement or do I simply wait to se if they file a defence?

How would the court view it if I let it go to default date (i.e. no defence filed) even though they have part settled?

Hope this makes sense ; i.e. Nationwide have NOT settled my claim, only part of it.....doesnt that mean that they MUST file a defence as to why they have done this? If they dont file a defence can I request a default judgement?

:wink:

Quest,

I did three things when I ws n your situation;

1) Read a lot of threads, including other banks to get a feel for what might happen and gather help.

2) Telephoned the Nationwide HQ and asked them whay they had not re-imbursed the full amount of my claim and informed them that I would pursue this to the end.

3) When MCOL asked me I the claim had been settled I informed then only partially, whereby the case was transfered to my local County Court and I filed a continuation of the claim for the outstanding amount via the Allocation Questionaire.

In my case NW has to file a defence by today, I await the outcome.

KenSpe

Update Alert!!!

See my thread on the main NW board....

Victory!!!:) ....cheque for £1269 arrived this morning....unbeleivable as I was expecting a more drawn out process. Now for the complaint which wll end up with the FOS.

Keep going it is so worth it!

All the very best to you all and Thanks!!!!!

Ok... Dispite the letter from NW saying that my charges are in the process of being refunded (see attachment in post above).... I received a notice from the court on Saturday 10th March stating that Nationwide intend to defend the whole claim!!???!!!??? Confused....

Thoughts please.....