Claiming a second time - bank account closure

RG001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was on this site a while back, everything got sorted, which was fine. I've just had a look at my bank account, and I have an £81 charge pending. I'm going to phone and complain, however, how likely is it that they will close my account, and can I stop this from happening?

HSBC - Received offer for 3621, accepted confidentiality crossed out. Money in bank 10/10/06!

Barclaycard - 180.00 LBA sent 5/10/2006

72.00 offered, rejected.

MBNA - S.A.R sent 13/9/2006 :idea:

Mint - 244.00 prelim sent 30/9/2006

Dorothy Perkins and GE money - S.A.R sent 30/9/2006

Simpley BE - S.A.R sent 30/9/2006

What I say is of my own opinion. Seek professional legal advice if need be.

If I have helped, tip the scales! Thank you x :)

I would say that HSBC are likely to close your account if you claim for a second time. By all means phone them but I doubt very much that they will stop the charge but they may reduce it. Good luck:)

We have just had a letter saying they are closing our account in 30 days after we claimed for the second time.

They are stating that we were unwilling to adhere to the Ts & Cs as our account wasn't operated within credit.

The main reason for us going overdrawn in the first place was the charges!!! :mad: My partner left his job last year and after that he was temping so not earning enough. When I knew we were going overdrawn I approached my parents to borrow money - this happened quite often but the money didn't always reach the account in time and then we were charge. Our income was only just matching our outgoings and so the charges made things even worse. :(

We are with a Debt Management Plan with CCCS and we were advised to open another account so we now have a Co-op Cashminder account (all we could get with our credit rating)... am quite p***ed off that HSBC are closing our account when I tried to keep it in the black!

LisaDJ & partner vs HSBC - partial refund £522 of £700.

LisaDJ & partner vs HSBC - partial refund £250 of £367 (Oct 06-Jan 07) - account being closed by HSBC :rolleyes:

LisaDJ vs HSBC - claiming £1550 up to Sept 06 - result coming soon.