Quick PPI Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a sofa from DFS around 6 months ago taking advantage of the current deal that was on offer. Pay nothing for a year, then pay off the sofa over 2 years all interest free. During the sale I was offered PPI a couple time to which I clearly stated I did not want. When signing the credit agreement I noted the box to include PPI was not checked. All ok it would seem. When I got home I scanned over the paperwork again before puting it away and noted that the PPI box had been checked and I would now end up getting charged for PPI (once the payments start in a years time) that I did not want.

Is it a simple case to go down to DFS and get them to change it or can they make things difficult for me? Where do I stand? Also, when I went to buy the sofa I had 3 friends with me who all heard me tell the sales woman I did not want PPI.

On a final note, this exact thing happened to a friend of mine. The salesman blamed it on the government when he challenged him in the shop at the time :confused:

If you did not tick the box before signing the agreement then you should get back to the regarding the matter. If after you had signed the agreement then the salesman ticked the box then not only is that a bit underhand it also possible Fraud.

I would tend to put your complaint in writting to their Head Office, Complaining about a matter like this verbally is not a good idea.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Perhaps the lesson to be learned here is that if you have to tick a box to agree to PPI, then write the word NO across the box to prevent it being ticked after you leave the store.Salesman often get commission for selling this, and the temptation is sometimes to great.

Salesman can earn anything up to 90% commision on some of these policies..Need I say more..lol

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Perhaps the lesson to be learned here is that if you have to tick a box to agree to PPI, then write the word NO across the box to prevent it being ticked after you leave the store.Salesman often get commission for selling this, and the temptation is sometimes to great.

Sounds like a great tip!

I wonder how they would react if you did write NO in the box, They may find some way round that by sayind the application has been filled in incorrectly..lol you know what like these slime balls are..lol