Hello Everyone - New Dirty tactics by NatWest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am I being unreasonable for demanding an apology?  

1 Cagger has voted

1. 1. Am I being unreasonable for demanding an apology?

• No I should go for it
    • No I should
    • Yes I am
    • Yes forget it

Hi folks

Just thought I should warn everyone of the dirty tactics being employed by NatWest.

I wrote to the Bank asking for copies of my statements, which I received, I then wrote expressing my disgust at the way my account was being managed unlawfully. Whilst all this was going on my account was being mismanaged by the Bank with monies going missing despite having been paid in, and staff blatently lying to me and addressing me as "mate".

On Dec 18th 06 I received a letter from the Area Manager, which was dated 8th Dec 06. He stated that the communication between MYSELF and the Bank had deteroriated and that he had instructed the Branch to formerly give me 30 notice that all my accounts would be terminated!, and I should Bank elsewhere!

I went to the Branch and was told, we can do what we like when we like, with no reasons, we dont like complaints, so there is nothing you can do about it. After numerous other letters its trnspires that "my complaint" is classed as unreasonable behaviour and unacceptable.

EVERYONE BEWARE - I am still pursuing this as a matter of principal and wont let go, and the bank DID CLOSE ALL MY ACCOUNTS - AND I NEVER GOT THE NOTICE IN WRITING!

Ombudsman unable to assist I might add.

Brush 47 North Star:o:mad::-x:-x:-x:-x

You did get a notice, in your post the area manager has told you in writing. Please can you expand on what you are saying on missing monies as I can advise on the process of what has happened. Just so you know I work for NatWest so I do and can advise. It is not a tactic, but I can help if I know more info.

Thanks Nattalie

I do not wish to disclose further details regarding my account Im sure you appreciate that such information is confidential, however, the Area Manager said, and I quote "I have instructed your Branch to issue with 30 days notice", the Branch did not issue me with such a notice.

I am currently in the process of recovering charges from Nat West which started the whole thing off, and am presently awaiting a response from Head Office.

Guest peed orf
Thanks Nattalie

Not Nattalie, it's Nattie. He's the best person to give you advice on sNatch West.

..and am presently awaiting a response from Head Office.

You could be waiting a while!

Ooops, spelling mistake, sorry nattie.

I appreciate the offer but the damage is done, Nat West are being stubborn and I hardly feel like discussing this delicate matter with an employee of Nat West. I also appreciate that nattie is trying to help, but a Bank that condones staff addressing customer as "Mate", who wont put their hands up and admit they lied to me and treated a disabled customer with contempt does nothing to put my trust in them.

Nattie I know has the best intentions in the world trying to help and I know that, but this Branch down here has rules unto itself and head office are letting them get away with it. Would you put up with a Manager saying " Suit yourself, its your lookout" with customers in ear shot?

I think its safer to just leave this forum and get on with it.

Ooops, spelling mistake, sorry nattie.

I appreciate the offer but the damage is done, Nat West are being stubborn and I hardly feel like discussing this delicate matter with an employee of Nat West. I also appreciate that nattie is trying to help, but a Bank that condones staff addressing customer as "Mate", who wont put their hands up and admit they lied to me and treated a disabled customer with contempt does nothing to put my trust in them.

Nattie I know has the best intentions in the world trying to help and I know that, but this Branch down here has rules unto itself and head office are letting them get away with it. Would you put up with a Manager saying " Suit yourself, its your lookout" with customers in ear shot?

I think its safer to just leave this forum and get on with it.

Good luck to you.

As a fairly new member of this forum, I have spoken to Nattie through the chat facility, and he did not request any details which would give the bank any indication of who I am. Neither, has he done anything I've seen anywhere which could be construed by anyone as anything other, than being ultra helpful - even questioning things to help people get more/better results than they currently are doing.

With respect, I think although the severity of the situation might have upset you, and obviously the treatment you have received is substandard, you will truly get the best help here IMHO. Perhaps it may be better to look on Nattie as someone who can offer sound advice (because he practises it everyday for a start) rather than a potential "snake-in-the-grass" for NatWest, per se.

Not wanting to cause offence, obviously, but it is easy to get a bit over-wound when there is money at stake.

Regardless of the above, best of luck with your claim.

I would like to add my support for petrafyde's last post. Nattie has never given anything but sound advice and IMHO is an extreemly valued member of this forum.

If you do decide to leave, best of luck in your claim.

Steve

Guys, I think that if the OP wants to deal with that issue in their own way then fair play to them. As I said, I know most things inside out back to front(regardless of whether the branch seems to have a different approach). Please remember, some members will look at a bank worker with suspicion and that is their feelings which I have no problem with. I call people by various things, including mate, as you do become friendly with them. They call me things as well(which could get my post edited!!) The area manager is speaking for the bank and the banking code states that the bank should give 30 days notice for account closure which a representative of the bank has done. The issue on bank charges is at issue which we can all help on including me.

Please remember they are not attacking me and the OP has issues with NatWest. Let's help. As I have stated they have given correct notification for the account closure. I was intrigued by the wording of monies going missing.

OK!!!! Monies missing - monies deposited into my account at another Branch, yet failing to appear in my account 10 days later, big dispute, Bank denying all responsibility, no knowledge, luckily I had Bank receipt and promptly provided it, 5 days after which the money appeared!

"Mate" - to be used as a greeting to a casual response or person well known, NOT to be used by Bank staff who I dont even know or have even seen before.

I must respectfully dispute that 30 days notice WAS NOT given. A letter dated 8th of the month,received 18th of the month, and account closed 8th of next month is NOT 30 days in my reckoning, it maybe by the time the letter was written but not to be received 10 days later.

Lies - to be told wife went into bank personally to deal with matter, when I know for a fact she hadnt, she is disabled and cannot get out unless I am with her.

To be told bank issued replacement card, and when checked with district office to discover no replacement ordered.

To be spoken to by a Bank Manager in such a way as to be offensive is not acceptable.

As I said, all blew up since claim made to recover charges.

Case closed.

Have written to head office and district office, 3 times, no response.

I will deal with each point bit by bit.

1) 30 days from date of the letter or calender month, not 30 days of receipt.

2) poor service but rectified with receipt(it can happen), if any charges on the account they should have been sorted out.

3) They should have referred to you as sir, or your name not as "mate"

4) That is a serious issue

5) there is a system in which a card can be ordered but will need to be checked by a secondary person, not all cases, but I have seen when it has not been checked and therefore drops off the system after a few days, still poor service.

6) unacceptable although may need a bit more info but I think from OP it was as stated unacceptable

A further point is Customer Relations Unit, Borehamwood to actually state the timeline and what you feel is totally unacceptable because clearly some aspects are.

Have you received an apology for any of the things that were unacceptable?

Please come back on this by all means because I am sure there are things that may need more clarification

yes brush yes u do - your right this is not acceptable from a bank. i hope u get your money back and are able to lay NatWest to rest as i have. i see that your pointing out that this has only come about since the start of your claim and this isnt unheard of, people have experienced NatWest closing their parents accounts down once a clam has been started - possibly in confusion due to similar names but all the same its not good. as i say good luck, god bless x x

Nattie i dont think brush wants these things rectified he was just pointing out the crap service and bad experience SINCE starting the claim. it would drive mem insane being a natwest worker reading all this - t must be hard for you also x

NatWest (CLAIM 1) - £2181.24 SETTLED IN FULL

VIRGIN MBNA - £377 SETTLED IN FULL + INTEREST

NATWEST (CLAIM 2) - £1008.30 - SETTLED IN FULL

• 2 years later...
The area manager is speaking for the bank and the banking code states that the bank should give 30 days notice for account closure which a representative of the bank has done.

One small point : the OP said the area manager would instruct the branch to do this but the branch didn't.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I had a problem with NatWest and despite sending a letter to Customer Services, never got a reply.

I then sent a recorded delivery letter to 'Chief Executive' at their registered office address, setting out my problem and got a phone call from a very nice lady (responding on his behalf) within a week. She apologised and sorted everything out for me. I was very pleased.

I would recommend writing (by recorded delivery) to the 'Chief Executive' at the London registered office as a way forward