Abbey's charges under review.

copperman05
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now this may be old news but I have just finished a conversation with someone from Abbey as I was seeking that they refund some recent charges, which I might add they did, £80 of £100, which I believe is fair.

Anyway we were talking about the charges, etc and she said Abbey's charges are actually at the moment under review, and the way she said it appeared that they were under review due to the amount of media coverage, people claiming charges back, etc.

She said there would still be a few months for the review to be made and so carefull account managing was still required.

Is it possible that Abbey could pre-empt a disicion by the OFT? Or perhaps this is just another fob off? Would be interesting to hear if anyone else has been told the same...

Edd

Edd V Abbey

13/12/06 SAR sent

29/12/06 First 14 months statements received.

12/01/07 Microfiche received, charges of £1605 plus contractual interest at 28.7% gives total £2562.90.

15/01/07 LBA requesting £2562.90 sent.

Edd V Egg CC

19/01/07 SAR sent

Edd V Lloyds TSB CC

19/01/07 SAR sent

thats interesting, I have heard nothing about this at all, I wonder if it will allow for retrospective charges LOL

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I've not heard anything either but I have been refunded charges by a company (Studio) whose charging regime has been under 'review' for over a year or more.

It would be great if this could be sorted out but I can't see Abbey being the first to take any positive action. Also, if the Banks use the £12 charge that the credit card companies have done, this is still unfair.

No doubt we will find out

SG x

:rolleyes: