First Steps, Two Questions..Help!

KEALEYKEELS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

Firstly I'd like to say how chuffed I am to find this site. Pleased to know there are so many people out there in my situation who are here to helP.

I've read lots of really good information on where to begin with getting back the ridiculous amount of charges incurred by HSBC over the last few years amounting to £600 approx.

My main concern is I'm in debt up to my eyeballs now due to these charges with both a normal bank account and a credit card account (both with HSBC) and a couple of threads I have read are scaring me.

Can anyone please tell me more about HSBC 'potentially' paying out but then closing my account. This is obviously very worrying as I'm sure I would struggle getting another plus I also have a loan with them, and have read of another user who had account closed and hmay have to pay it back in full.

What is the likelyhood? and do I have a leg to stand on to 'defend' this if they do?

I really want to pursue this but am so worried I could end up regretting it.

Please Help?

Thanks

Kealey,

Firstly welcome, secondly dont panic it really is easy.

Try and open another account just in case. Although I would say in the whole, they don't tend to close accounts because of this, from what I have read.

The new account is 'just in case'.

There is loads of help available for you on this site it really is brill.

So get started a take back what is rightfully yours :D

Hi Kealey :)

Just to say that I claimed back my bf's charges for him and he has a loan with HSBC which he still has over £1500 on. We received full offer on Saturday and nothing by way of closing the account or claiming back the loan has been mentioned. The trend with HSBC as I understand it is to close the account if you claim a second time.

Good Luck with your claim......you'll find tons of friendly and v.helpful advice here (i know i did)

Lisa ;)

Hi Kealey,

If you have been reading you will probably know that HSBC do not generally close your account on your first claim. If they did they would lose loads of their best customers! The other thing is that the FSA would probably not look favourably on a bank that punishes it's customers for exercising their legal right. Go for it and best of luck:)

hey kealey

don't be worried... read as many threads on here as you can for inspiration. we all feel the same when we first join the group trust me!

good luck with your claim

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!