Next on the list.....barclaycard

meggiemoo_d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I got my credit file from experian today and had completely forgotten about my barclaycard charges. The problem is I'm not great with the paperwork so have lost/destroyed my statements. I don't have the account number anymore. Is there any other way of finding it??

Thanks

Claim against Capital 1 £713........SETTLED.....Thanks Capital 1!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

HSBC account and mastercard

Hi,

I got my credit file from experian today and had completely forgotten about my barclaycard charges. The problem is I'm not great with the paperwork so have lost/destroyed my statements. I don't have the account number anymore. Is there any other way of finding it??

Thanks

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

I had the same problem with Capitalone, I called them and just asked if they could resend a statement as I needed to check some things out from a few years ago, or could they give me the account number. They changed my address to my new address and said they would send out a statement :o

If my posts have helped you please use the scales at the top of my posts :)

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

Me v Abbey - £3000 + Int + Costs + Credit File Cleaned.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Court Claim started - 31/5/2006

Allocation Questionnaire Filed - 24/7/06

Court Date allocated 31/10/2006

Me v Citi-Cards - CCA Sent 27/07/06

Me v Citi-Cards - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Capital One - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - CCA Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - DPA Sent 03/08/06

I had the same problem with Capitalone, I called them and just asked if they could resend a statement as I needed to check some things out from a few years ago, or could they give me the account number. They changed my address to my new address and said they would send out a statement :o

If my posts have helped you please use the scales at the top of my posts :)

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

Me v Abbey - £3000 + Int + Costs + Credit File Cleaned.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Court Claim started - 31/5/2006

Allocation Questionnaire Filed - 24/7/06

Court Date allocated 31/10/2006

Me v Citi-Cards - CCA Sent 27/07/06

Me v Citi-Cards - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Capital One - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - CCA Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - DPA Sent 03/08/06

Thanks for your help!!

Apparently I need to go into a branch and they can sort it out for me. I tried the house-fire route but they couldn't do anything on the phone!!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Thanks for your help!!

Apparently I need to go into a branch and they can sort it out for me. I tried the house-fire route but they couldn't do anything on the phone!!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

• 2 months later...

hi,

I want to start my claim with barclaycard even though my card is now closed!!! I've started my court case with capital one so thought I'd start my claim with barclays. However, barclays are saying they are going to charge me £3 per statement (2 and half years worth). I stated the £10 thing and they told me they don't do package deals like that and laughed!!! Cheeky buggers!!!

I am right in thinking they can't charge more than £10 yeah? I got a bit scared incase I'd got it wrong!!! Please advise about this just incase!!! I know it was the case with capital 1.

Have now got my account number at least so I can start properly!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

No. £10 is the maximum they are allowed to charge by law. The Data Protection Act 1998 is very clear about this. The mistake (if you can call it that) which you've made is asking specifically for 'statements'. As far as the Information Commissioner is concerned, statements are not covered by the Data Protection Act (for quite obscure legal reasons), HOWEVER, the transactional information which goes to make up the statements most certainly IS covered by the DPA.

Consider this: your bank archives microfiche copies of all your statements going back to day one. How then do they access the data within those microfiches for their own purposes? (tax, audit, Sarbannes-Oxley etc. etc. etc.). Answer: they obviously have a full computerised record of every single transaction going back at least seven years.

You need to write straight back to them and say that you require ALL data, and remind them of how much time they have left (by law they have 40 days to comply). You can tell them that you will accept statements for transactional information, but they must supply the information.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Forum clean up - your claim threads have been merged. Please try to keep all posts about your claim to a single thread only. Thanks :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks