welcome car finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this is my first post and i wonder if anyone can help me

my partner has a car from welcome and we were told last week that we could have a settlement figure of half the cost of the loan. this would mean giving the car back. more than happy to do this

other half rang them today to chase them, as someone was supposed to be coming to view the car. basically we were told the settlement figure was wrong and we now owe another £3000.

how can they do this?

They can't.

Look at your original contract (or get a copy of it). The contract must, by law, stipulate a figure which you must have paid in order to exercise your right to return the vehicle and finish the deal. This figure will be half the value of the completed contract and will NOT include the cost of any insurances etc etc you may have paid.

If you have paid this figure detailed in the agreement as pure capital repayment, free of any other attachment, then it is your protected right to hand back the goods and finish your involvement with the finance company.

I suggest you write to them, detail the payments made and the figure stipulated in your contract. If you are short of this you must only make up the numbers. If you are on or over it then you may return the vehicle.

Welcome's reputation causes me to believe that they will try to take the **** with you when it comes to your termination of the agreement. Don't stand for it. Once you inform them that you have paid what the contract requires and that you are terminating the agreement you should tell them that the car is theirs, that you are ceasing to insure it and that as law prohibits you from leaving an uninsured vehicle on the road that you will be retaining it on your property at their expense. Garages charge about £25 a day in cities. This is not unreasonable. This will soon have them keen to recover it. If you're serious about charging them for use of your land then you can refuse to release the goods until the bill has been paid.

All good fun. Welcome are swines, stick it to them!

Check out the guy's at edited a support forum all about car credit complaints!

reason for edit;

Site rules are quite clear about posting links.