Petrafyde vs. NAtwest

petrafyde
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These early stages are always the worst, it is a bit like playing cat and mouse. If you are lucky they'll pay out sooner rather than later (which seems to be how the tide is changing at the moment) otherwise, it's gonna be a long 'ole slog, but well worth it!!!

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

You have no idea how surprisingly calm and supportive Muggins has now become!

Amazing what a positive effect a victory can have!

W

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

You have no idea how surprisingly calm and supportive Muggins has now become!

Amazing what a positive effect a victory can have!

W

Aha, my mentor, it speaks!!!!!;)

indeed! :D

I take it you've read my thread and the early stages of panic, then?:p

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Thanks for the encouraging words - must admit, am prepared to fight it to the bitter end, but just hate waiting :D

Hi Petra

Thats the same problem I have.....the waiting!!! It's driving me mad!!!

I got told by them that an "offer" letter was on it's way,that was last tuesday.Still nothing in the post,so I rang them and was told it can take two weeks to get to me..:o Snail Mail me thinks!!

Hope you wont have to wait too much longer!!

Kind regards Trish x

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Hi Petra

Thats the same problem I have.....the waiting!!! It's driving me mad!!!

I got told by them that an "offer" letter was on it's way,that was last tuesday.Still nothing in the post,so I rang them and was told it can take two weeks to get to me..:o Snail Mail me thinks!!

Hope you wont have to wait too much longer!!

Kind regards Trish x

Yeah!! I've always been an impulsive impatient sod and it digusts me that as I get older I feel the same inside, but am ultimately more patient than ever on the outside - like a 'real' grown-up lol... not many impulsive actions come out of me these days lol

Nice one for the offer thing eh! Got to appreciate though, they'll be literally snowed under with offers to send, wont just be ten or twenty a day methinks. I also think NatWest are well and truly into damage limitation mode right now, which is making me wonder if they know something we don't!!

Only to identify with it completely mate ;)

You are too kind:cool:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Bit like myself then.

Sometimes I'm far too honest and it gets me in to trouble, though:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi, Patrafyde.

The lack of covering letter, ripped envelope and missing statements are all standard.

You can write back and remind them that they haven't fully complied with your SAR, in that they have failed to provide statements before such-and-such a date and haven't supplied any information on manual intervention.

YOu might get more info, you might not. Proceed with what you have and seek an order from the court for the info further down the line. Or, if you're feeling flush, you can start another action under the DPA. It costs £35 (I believe) and the penalties can be severe - not least, yet another action for failure to comply. Eventually, the Data Commissioner will come to regard them as not 'fit and proper persons' under the Act.

Best

Westy

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Hi, Petrafyde

In haste

Yes, there are templates. Check the Library.

Westy

Westy

I received an offer this morning. Complete charges without interest. I'm truly twiddling my thumbs over this, whether to accept and move on, or fight it to the last. My main concern is if I take it further, I'll be looked upon as greedy by court, and also money concerns. They've said how they'll pay it directly into my acct. Whilst I'm very pleased, I'm also worrying!

Hiya Nattie,Yes... I know, I'm thinking to take it, feeling a bit "chicken" but at least I'll be able to sort out some more immediate cash concerns we currently have. If it were more about the principle, and less about the cash, then I would definitely pursue it to the last.

I'd like to say a huge thanks to everyone in the forum, and obviously to the forum creators - you are all a truly huge help to people like myself who don't know whats what and I'll always be very grateful for that.

As soon as they pay me, I'll fill in the survey and will make a decent donation.

Will keep you updated as to what happens xx

Hi Nattie, Indeed, it will go directly into the account. I was pleased they didn't include any conditions waffle also. The funds would not be eaten up by what I owe NatWest, on the contrary, it will pay my overdraft off, then as I owe them nothing else, I withdraw the remainder and stop using the account - Co-Operative has my business too.

I shall be persuing them for the rest of my statements, back to the mid 90's and shall be starting another claim though, thats a definite.

Now I've had time to reflect, I feel much better to be honest. I felt quite cowardly earlier, but the aim was to get just the penalties back in the beginning, and that is what I'll have achieved - so I'm happy.

does it give you a good feeling, i do remember when you were really really nervous but you seem to be a lot calmer and more determined, enjoy the win and good luck on the follow up claim.

Yes, it really does now. I feel elated, feel as though I'm not such of a 'nobody' where financial institutions are concerned...I was always so down and depressed regarding money, and this site, has really helped me out BIG style. To say I'm happy and very grateful is an understatement. I've even started finally budgetting properly, because the fear of what I'll see is no more.

I think I am a lot calmer too..lack of knowledge and the prospect of court was a real frightener at first for me. Now I've taken the time (weeks and weeks!) to read and take it all in, it truly isn't so hard :)