Halifax ongoing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just paid my money (£120) to small claims and sorted all the info online for court, so Im now officially bricking it! :eek: worked out all the extra interest with excel as you said doo, very easy to use. Works out at another £570 interest, so got to be worth doing the whole hog. Halifax just seem to be sitting tight hoping I won't bother. Had no contact from them since the partial offer, so if they can't be bothered.. I can! :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've recieved the Notice of issue from the county court. Just got some questions if anybody can help out? I'm not sure wether I just sit tight now and wait for the bank to respond, or if I should be doing or sending something? The NOI was deemed served on the 17th of this month.. Also it states Northampton county court but we are in the North East! Would I have to travel down there if it goes to that stage??

Thanks all

They have 28 days to respond from the day it was deemed served. So for now, yes just sit tight.

If you still havnt heard anything on the 28th day then this will be useful reading.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13

It wont get as far as you needing to go to court.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Ok, just had a letter this morning stating:

Thank you for your recent letter, as a gesture of goodwill my colleague offered you £1200, which you do not wish to accept. I confirm that we will not refund all the charges you have incurred on your account over the last six years. i must also stress that future charges will stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly!!! Blah Blah.

I am assuming that this letter will have been superceded by the NOI, and they are just trying to drag things out? Has anyone had this??

Also had a Notice that acknowledgement of service has been filed and that Halifax have ticked the box that they intend to defend all of this claim. Again is this usual? Has anyone else had this??

Thanks all!

• 1 month later...

I am having a problem with Halifax. They have made a settlement offer which covers the charges, interest @ 8% and court costs. Although I have partially accepted their offer, I am still chasing the remaining interest (CI).

They have now entered a defence for the balance and I am now in receipt of a Allocation Questionnaire....Is this worth pursuing ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/74642-bgqs-halifax.html?highlight=halifax+contractual+interest+partial

HELP !

Claims:

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.1) - Claim Issued 16/3/07 Await Defence to be Entered - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - *WON

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.2) - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges + s.68 Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

bgqs v Halifax - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges +C.I Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

*Paid Deposit on New House with my Winnings !