Halifax ongoing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got all my statements through the post after sending them the data protection letter. I'm now a bit confused as to what to do next :confused: ...

Basically I've read through a lot of threads and info on this website which says to add interest of 8% only at court stage. However on Martin Lewis' website he advocates adding 8% on at the first letter stage as a nothing ventured nothing gained route - and you'd get that anyway if it go's to court. Does anyone have any experience or advice on this??? The sums are £2602 without interest and £3143.73 with interest using martin lewis calculator.

One site is saying one thing and this one not to do that.... Help! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I would deff follow the guides on here. It is the way we all have done it. There are so many people on hereand everyone follows the same advice.

Also that way its easier to see what to next. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

The 8% interest under S.69 is awarded by and the discretion of the courts.

You only add this at the Moneyclaim or N.1 stage.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

yes, would definately stick to the advice on this site - it can get confusing if you are using two different websites, each on it's own is fine but do not combine the two. Just follow the step-by-step guide and you won't go wrong, the banks know if you file court action they will be liable to pay 8% anyway but not until this stage, so by not putting it on now you are showing them you know what you are doing. Just a personal view, good luck.

Many thanks for all the feedback, decided to follow all the advice from this site and just claim the charges with no interest yet unless it gets to court stage.. Just put it all onto a spreadsheet and done initial letter, I'll get that in post tommorrow:)

If you have any problems just give us a shout....;)

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Got a reply letter from the Halifax yesterday morning. Seems to be a standard format letter saying basically they will take 4 weeks to reply.. not the 14 days I'd asked for on my first letter, also sent a bog standard customer complaint leaflet back. I'm pleased they've responded but I'm not giving them 4 weeks. I'll give them two weeks as stated then send the next letter. Oh it's good to play them at their game!! :rolleyes: Any advice on anybody who's at this stage or been through this with Halifax welcome...

Guest beedydad

Hi Heatengine

I sent off my pre lim letter on 22 January I also faxed it thru to Customer Services on 0845 6039009 and got the fax OK.

Next got a so cute letter dated 25 January saying exactly what you got ie.. your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible.. but no later than 4 weeks. Great

Strangly got another letter from customer Relations dated the same ie 25th January now a magnificant 2 pages long! but sying looked into the bla bla bla ... and they wont refund any charges so....off! charming.

given that this now co-insides with my 2 weeks will be sending LBA as per this site.

The only issue I have is that they mention that the work they have done, such as stop cheques, DDM's, return unpaid items,etc they state is due to manual intervention!!! not hot on that bit as clearly they can state they have to do alot more work but surely they must still admit to what work they have carried out as I thought the whole point of this was to state under UTCCR 1999.. that they charge unfairly over the top for work carried out.

Anyway good luck, i will try and add something to bleet on about this to Halifax.

Beedydad

Hi,

I posted my LBA by Recorded Delivery on the 31st Jan, however looking at Royal Mail's website it's not yet been received!! I'm going to use tomorrow (05/02) as the date they received it & wait 14 days from then before registering my MCOL!! I may even phone Customer Services before MCOL & see if they want to make an offer...if they don't do so before the 14 days expires.

Good Luck to us all say I!!

docannie.

heatengine, all standard replies, they go through the motions bless them. Just stick to your timetable (not theirs) and you will soon get your money. Got my first claim paid out £5,500 just after christmas, basically was due to file MCOL on 24th December, so I rang them on 22nd and they agreed to charges, saved them interest and court costs and me the hassle. Got all my money first week in January. Now on second claim for hubbys bill account, LBA expires next week.

Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to know you're not alone with this!! I'm still within my :) 14 day set period from the 1st letter at the minute, (not their stated 4 weeks) but I'll be firing off the LBA on Monday coming up if there is no reply before this. Did anybody include their home tel number on the letters or just address?? :confused: Just thinking if they did want to offer anything! I suppose they can do it all on paper and that stops confusion? Anyway I'll keep you posted, thanks once again

• 2 weeks later...

Had a reply from Halifax saying they had been unable to contact me on the phone and offering back £1288. (Claim is for £2606) This is a gesture of goodwill ans has an acceptance form for me to sign!! Anybody know where and what letter format I need to reply with? And do I send them back the acceptance form if I am accepting this amount even though I will be claiming the full amount??:confused: Any advice more than welcome - Cheers all

Hiya Heatengine

You can get the correct format here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

but you'll need to edit it to suit and just put you'll accept this as part payment etc but you'll be pursueing for the full amount.

Matt

19/02: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to A & L

20/02 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to HBoS

20/02 SAR sent to Capital One

21/02 Prem letter sent to RBS for £304

Do as matt says, but dont send back the acceptence form. This is a standard letter for the offers.

F&Q's... Read here

Thanks, just put together the rejection letter and worked out that my LBA gives them until 27th Feb but the rejection letter gives them 7 days so think I'll go off that date as they will probably only recieve this letter by 27th. Might try and ring customer relations aswell just before deadline as Doo reccommended. All in all though I feel like there has been some good progress with Halifax :D . Seems like Abbey are nearly the worst reading some other threads, won't be banking with them then! Should hear something next week so I'll let you know. Thanks all

I have recieved my offer letter yesterday in the post, sounds like the exact same one you recieved. However instead of sending letter i phoned the number on the letter this afternoon and spoke to the person who wrote the letter. after getting around their ususal excuses, they have now agreed to settle in full. Have changed their original offer letter they sent for £2006 to £2400 and posted it back recorded delivery ( costs more money, but they are guaranteed to recieve it by 1pm next day, other way takes forever to be recieved!)

Thanks, sorted letter to reject offer last night and got in post recorded delivery this morning, so reckon that is one week left before small claims procedure.. Think I'll try and get hold of the person who signed the letter though, just to see if a phone call may change anything? Think it was Mr Yule if anybody has had dealings with him at Halifax???

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've missed a couple of notes but to update.. Halifax sent me a letter saying they were offering a partial amount on the understanding it was a full and final amount blah blah blah. So sent them a rejection letter and am now into the period of going to court. They are over the time limit now by a day, so I'm just swotting up on what to do next on the step by step instructions, seems simple enough so that suits me. And I get to add the 8% interest now :grin: ! I'll keep you posted - Cheers

Just been doing all research before claiming and had a look at the Library section for claiming online. Need some help for what to do next here as it says STOP! If you have not already sent a full schedule of charges

and overdraft interest to your bank

-- then --

stop!

I'm in a dilemma here as I only sent the Halifax a list of charges and did not total up the overdraft interest.... Does this matter or do I have to send them another letter with overdraft interest charges added on?????:eek:

Any advice would help me out loads, as I'm aware that I need to start court claim soonest. Thanks all

You do not have to claim back any overdraft interest you have been charged - it's your claim so it's up to you. As for schedule of charges if you go to bank template library, then click on spreadsheets, enter all your charges onto the english simple excel, it will work out the 8% for you. The spready is really easy to use and really won't take long.