High Admin Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need a bit of advice so I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Me and my other half are coming to the end of our two year tenancy agreement. Our letting agents have written to us to ask if we want to stay in the property and we have agreed to stay for another 12 months. They have just sent us a sheet of A4 to sign and send back to them. It just gives basic details that we agree to carry the agreement for another 12 months and there is a space for us to sign and another space for the landlord to sign. They also want us to pay £70 in adminstration fees for the issue of this new 12 month tenancy agreement. We basically don't have the extra cash to pay and quite frankly I am shocked that they have asked us to pay this amount for a piece of paper!

So what I want to know is do we have pay this amount as I cannot see how it costs this amount of money for doing no work at all.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sarah

Not Christopher Nevill is it? They tried exactly the same thing with us. You could try what I did ;) or write them a letter disputing the admin charge and asking them to break it down. Beware though, this may affect your tenancy - they may be unwilling to renew someone who's going to, in their view, give them 'trouble'.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

No its not Christopher Neville. Thanks for the advice. I'm just going to send the signed agreement back and then send a letter of complaint and see what happens. I've paid them £700 as a deposit and if they want to get funny then they can take it out of that!!