Us V HALIFAX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Time has come for me and the wife to take the plunge and get some of these bank charges back from HBOS.

We had a Halifax current account for several years and we where being charged in excess of £90 per month in bank charges. This was our own fault as we bounced cheques, direct debits went unpaid, went over the arranged overdraft.

1st step done, read all the information on this site and MSE regarding claiming. I have printed the first letter of which is a request for all the charges over the past 6yrs.

We are very nervous and worried about the whole thing, sometimes we think is it worth going through all this. But reading all the success stories then that certainly helps alot.

We will keep you all updated and thanks for all your support, I am sure we will need lots of help and advice through this period.

We are very worried about what we are doing

:mad:Trying to sort my credit file out :mad:

Thanks for that support already, I can see from reading other threads that there is great people out there willinging to support

:D Hi Marcellep,

Good luck to you. keep reading and above all dont rush it. they are waiting to see if there is a chink in your armour. stick to the tried and tested methods on here.

Put halifax in the search box at the top and read others threads.

We WILL prevail over the bankers!!!!:D:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ms. Rachel Hinchliffe

HBOS PLC

Legal Services - Retail Division

Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

HX1 2RG

Is this the best address to use for data protection

Time has come for me and the wife to take the plunge and get some of these bank charges back from HBOS.

We had a Halifax current account for several years and we where being charged in excess of £90 per month in bank charges. This was our own fault as we bounced cheques, direct debits went unpaid, went over the arranged overdraft.

1st step done, read all the information on this site and MSE regarding claiming. I have printed the first letter of which is a request for all the charges over the past 6yrs.

We are very nervous and worried about the whole thing, sometimes we think is it worth going through all this. But reading all the success stories then that certainly helps alot.

We will keep you all updated and thanks for all your support, I am sure we will need lots of help and advice through this period.

I think, no I know, we have all been where you at now, I know I was! You know the type of thing? "They're not going to pay me" "I am going to be the test case" "I've done everything wrong" and many many other worries in that vein. Slow down, take it easy and read ALL!!! of the success stories.

I managed to claim back a lot of money from the Halifax that they took from me when I was at my complete lowest and not only that they insulted me when taking it also - "can't manage your account Boo?" "Well here's a couple more thousand in charges that should help"!

Everyone has some financial pitfall at some point, all you is need someone to assist and point you in the right direction, not kick you when you're down.

CAG is a self help forum If you're prepared to put in the work, CAG are prepared to help. Use the forum, read as much as you can and enjoy the many many varied stories.

Good luck and welcome

Boo

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

you can send it there, it will land on the right desk, stick to your timetables and not theirs.

send recorded or get proof of postage from post office if cash is tight at the moment.

Money is tight at this time of year (roll on pay day!!) but I would always recommend recorded delivery. Proof of postage just means it was sent, recorded they have to sign for - don't give them any opportunity to deny receipt!;)

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Welcome along buddy- 6 months ago I wouldnt have dared to do anything like, now Im taking on for all the family!!!!!

As everyone says, take your time and read all the info.

But if you need any help, everyone helps each other & does a damn good job @ it.

Remember, as bad as they might try & make you feel, with their fancy dancey letters- its them thats at fault!

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

Marcellep,

Welcome to the site..

As has already been said by Doo & AWC - If you have any questions, just add to this thread and someone will be able to either give you the answer or find someone who can;)

Just keep reading the FAQ's - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Step-byStep Instructions - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

And read as many threads as possible so you get an idea as to what to expect.

Get an idea of the letters that you need to send and also use the spreadsheet to calculate what you are claiming - minus the 8% until (or if) you have to submit a court claim - MCOL or N1

Personally, I wouldn't settle for anything less than the full amount that I'm claiming, however you personal circumstances may dictate otherwise.

The only other piece of advice is to remember that it's YOUR claim, and that YOU set the timescales, NOT Halifax. If you start to doubt that, ask yourself this: 'If Halifax sent you a letterwith a 14 day deadline, would they accept a reply from you offering to reply to there concerns within 4 weeks..??? I think not!:D

Enjoy you claim..

Survivor :cool:

• Confused 1

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi marcellep,

I waited about 2/3 weeks from the date my cheque was cashed until I received my statements. & I was lucky & received them all!! None were missing!!

I'm nearly at the entering for Court stage & am a bit jittery about it, but I come on here every night to catch up on the success stories & where everyone is at in their claim...it's a GREAT help & reassures me!!

So, good luck...you'll get there in the end!!

This is the letter that I got from HBOS today, Ceratin details have been missed out or changed for security reasons.

Dear Mr Marcellep,

Completion of Request For a list of Transactions and Charges - XXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter requesting specific information on your account with us. I can confirm that copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent under seperate cover.

If you requested information relating to manual intervention on your account, I regret HBOS Plc is under no statutory to record this information and therefore, I am unable to assist further with your request.

Your Faithfully,

K Patton

Ken Patton

Data Protection Collection

Business Risk - Retail

Thats the letter I got, Now I under stand that I will get my statements soon but what does the intervention part mean?

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Got all my bank statements yesterday, Went through them all and we have £2780. We have followed the instruction layed out on this site and sent the second letter with a schedule of charges.

It was sent today recorded delivery, Now we are nervous.

I see on other sites that people are saying that 14 days is not correct, people are saying that the banks are entitled to longer. Is this correct

Hi,

Banks will try to tell you tht they will take upto 4 weeks to resolve your complaint. They will also tell you that they set the deadline, not you.

Ignore all the hot air and bluster that they try to get you to believe... It's your claim, stick to your deadline (as per the recommendations on this site). I did and have successfully claimed back my charges (plus 8% s.69 interest & court costs) as have others.

The advice on this site is tried and tested - to a successful outcome! Stick to your guns and don't let Halifax bully or stall. Have a read of my thread to give you an idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/56689-survivor-halifax-new-claim.html

Read as many of the successfuls claims as you can - it'll help you understand how easy it really is.

Hope it all helps..;)

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

marcellep, just stick to your timetable, prelim 14 days, LBA 14 days, then if they have not offered repayment in full take court action. As survivor says the advice on this site is tried and test, I have successfully claimed back 2 lots of bank charges with halifax, so don't worry.

I've claimed and won TWICE now- just follow the steps on this site- it is truly marvellous!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

***Update***

2nd letter sent to HBOS 3rd Of March asking for £2ooo+ back in charges, got a reply today

" We are sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the charges debited from your account bla bla bla bla - Please note the rules set out by the FSA gives up to 8wks to repsonsd. bla bla bla. However we aim to repond with 4wks

Q- Do we sent the 3rd letter 14days from the 3rd Of March?