Rogue Vs Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What happens if you only receive part of the defence?

When it gets to part 7 it stops half way through a sentance - looks like they have run out of room!

Also, what is the "Liquidated damge clause"? This is mentioned a few times in the defence.

Apart from that, just appears to be the bog standard.

Right,

Im just getting my AQ ready to send off.

When I sent my first letters to Barclays, I never included a statement of charges. Is this the right time to send one?

Ive also read about people sending documents to the courts. Is this along with the AQ, or are they requested later on?

In some peoples defence from Barclays they include in the first paragraph that they haven't got a schedule of charges. If this is the case for you , then send both the court and Barclays a copy. Even if the defence doesn't mention the lack of schedule, I don't think it will do any harm to send one. A lot of people have sent their schedule with the AQ.

You don't need to send off your other documents yet. The Court should come back with a date for the hearing and will then ask you to send any documents. These documents also need to go to Barclays.

I am pretty much at the same stage as you, my AQ is ready to post.

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

In some peoples defence from Barclays they include in the first paragraph that they haven't got a schedule of charges. If this is the case for you , then send both the court and Barclays a copy. Even if the defence doesn't mention the lack of schedule, I don't think it will do any harm to send one. A lot of people have sent their schedule with the AQ.

You don't need to send off your other documents yet. The Court should come back with a date for the hearing and will then ask you to send any documents. These documents also need to go to Barclays.

I am pretty much at the same stage as you, my AQ is ready to post.

Spotty

Cheers for that,

Very much appreciated. Will finish off my AQ tonight and post it tomorrow with a schedule of charges to the bank and barclays.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Ive finally received a letter from the court!

EXPARTE

IT IS ORDERED THAT

This matter be listed for a Preliminary appointment to discuss allocation/directions/summary disposal on Friday 24th November 2006 at 1030am.

Without wishing to sounds stupid! Is this the final court date where everyone goes to court, or is this something totatlly different?

Many Thanks

It sounds as though the court has decided to hold a "preliminary hearing".

The Judge is entitled to do this under certain circumstances laid down in Part 27 of the Civil Procedure Rules. Having looked through this, the only one circumstance which seems to me likely is; "to enable it to dispose of the claim on the basis that one or other of the parties has no real prospect of success at a final hearing".

I bet that's got the bank shaking!

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

It sounds as though the court has decided to hold a "preliminary hearing".

The Judge is entitled to do this under certain circumstances laid down in Part 27 of the Civil Procedure Rules. Having looked through this, the only one circumstance which seems to me likely is; "to enable it to dispose of the claim on the basis that one or other of the parties has no real prospect of success at a final hearing".

I bet that's got the bank shaking!

Dont know about the bank, but its got me shaking now!

Has anyone else received a letter like this? Will it just be me and the judge?

Don't panic. I know it sounds scary, but it should be quite informal, if it ever gets to that stage.

And it could be very good for you. If it actually happens you could get a quick result. But, much more likely, you might get an even quicker result by Barclays folding before 24 November.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

Don't panic. I know it sounds scary, but it should be quite informal, if it ever gets to that stage.

And it could be very good for you. If it actually happens you could get a quick result. But, much more likely, you might get an even quicker result by Barclays folding before 24 November.

Will Barclays be informed of this and will they also have to attend?

Id hate for it to go the other way and the court decides in Barclays favour. Would be a blow for everyone thats trying to claim whats rightfully theirs.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks