Global Debt Recovery Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys

thanks 4 response, i think this site is fab, and will deffinatley set up a thread maz, well when i figure out how to do that lol, me and comps dnt really get on lol, but i will deffinalty keep u all informed xxxxxx

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

emmy

I have mailed you but incase you cant open that i will post here.

At the top of this thread you will find a title called Debt Collection Industry click on it and this will take you back a page that has a list of threads.

At the bottom of the threads you will find a link called

newthread.gif

click on that and then you will have opened your new thread re these issues.

if you then link it into here then we can all help u.

GM

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

hi god mother

well i set up a new thread but not sure if i linked it in????......

i posted the letter they wrote to, they also phoned me again today to which i replied i didnt want any more contact via phone and any contact that needs to be done will b done by post alone, i sent them the letter about ststute barred, even though the letter sent to me was dated the 22nd of december 2006, the proposed debt they claim i owe was in 2001, so am assuming am right about the statute barred thin???

thanks for you help

emmy xx

emmy

You have 2 threads are they both about the same thing if so i will request they get merged.

emmys thread for those who want to look. GDR pains in the bum!!

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

dont worry i will sort it 4 u

Hi Emmy. Just a note for you. I have just gone through the similar situation to your self with this company. Check out my original post under Tower Investigations and you will see the advice i was offered. I had the obnoxious and aggressive phone calls as well and basically was not allowed to speak over them while they were talking and was in no uncertain terms was told to pay the amount because i owed it and they knew what they were doing and i didn't. well i took the advice of the folks on here and sent the 2 letters which they advised (the second being sent recorded delivery and unsigned,as instructed.) and when i got back off my holiday yesterday i was very happy to recieve a letter from GLOBAL DEBT RECOVERY saying. Re:FV-1 (Lloyds TSB a/c No ********* £242.21 We acknowledge receipt of your latter dated 14/11/2008 disputing the above debt.

We confirm that we have closed our file and we will not contact you about this debt again.

I can't thank these people enough for the help they have given. So have a look and maybe something on my thread might help you too. Good luck with your fight as well.

Back in July, I received a letter from Tower Investigations through which I subsequently became aware of a nasty little company called Global Debt Recovery/

Aparrantly they wanted to speak to me on behalf of their clients, a company called FV-1 regarding an £800 debt from a Lloyds TSB account that was opened in 1998 and closed in 2000.

The man I spoke to, a Mr Giles was quite a peice of work, argumentative, bolshy, shouted me down, made threats of legal action and police involvement, bailiffs etc etc blah blah blah.

At first I was quite shocked by his attitude and I couldn't understand why he behaved the way he did. After all, I have spoken to countless companies over the years about outstanding monies or payment of bills etc and it has always been conducted in the most amicable way possible. However, Mr. Giles however was acrimonious from the first. In short, he tried to put the fear of God into me.

Angered by his tone and literally fuming from the ears, that some nasty pasty had phoned me in my home threatening and over-shouting me, I contacted legal advice and they told me that due to the age of this debt it is now statute barred by law and Global Debt Recovery had no legal way of recouping this money at all, and therefore are acting illegally in trying to chase this debt at all. I was also told that the debt was even statute barred when it was purchased by FV-1 two years previously and that under the circumstances it should never have been sold on in the first place.

My legal advisor told me that under the circumstances, the only way companies such as Global can collect this money is to prey on peoples ignorance of the law, and aggressively scare them into paying with threats of the actions and procedures, which in reality they could no longer do. In short BULLYING, which went a long way to explain Mr. Giles' attitude and behaviour.

As I have a total abhorance to bullies and have no wish to engage in protracted arguements with them, I decided that this company was not worth even bothering about and have spent the last five months ignoring their letters and immediatley filing them under 'B' for bin the moment they arrived.

Last week however, I was sent another letter which was followed up the date after by another snotty phone call.

I told the fellow from Global that this debt was statute barred etc and he tried to argue the point. This time it was I who cut him short.

I told him I knew of his company, their bully-boy tactics and their history of chasing statute barred debts, and I told him that the law was on my side and he couldn't do a thing about this debt. I told him that if Global Debt Recovery believed they were 100% in the right and that this debt could still be legally enforced then they were welcome to take me to court.

I alo reiterated that I actually meant COURT, not some silly letter from their Mickey Mouse GM Law firm. I told him that any further corrospondance from GDR, GM Law or Tower investigations will be ignored and no further action regarding this debt will be taken by me until an actual sworn court summons arrived on my doormat.

I backed up this arguement by immediatly phoning the Financial Ombudsman Service who took down the details of the case and promised to contact Global Debt Recovery to see what they were playing at.

Less than a week later I received a final response from Global debt recovery telling me that they have informed their client that the debt is disputed as Statute barred and that they are now closing their file and will not be contacting me regarding this matter again.

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

I'm lucky in as much that I'm not easily intimidated, my concern however is that this compnay may try their nasty bullying on someone else, someone a little more timid or frail, and they are likley to be petrified by their actions and their talk.

Is there someway we can all pull together and stop these people in their tracks. Stop them doing this to people, especially as they know they do not have the rigfht to do so???

I hope this happy ending is enough to encourage and offer hope to all those who are also suffering under the malpractices of this company. Don't despair and don't knuckle under and give in. The law is on your side and you have nothing to fear. Go for it.

Hi folks.Just for the record if anyone gets a letter from tower investigations or global saying they have some mail from a previous address, addressed to your self. Ask them who its from, I did and guess what,it was from a SIMON GILES. This is the low life who is a manager (allegedly) of this company. He's basically a high pressure salesman but in the debt recovery vain not sales. The man is a pratt and will seriously try to intimidate you. Dont be scared of him, he's all wind and tries to hide behind a string of technical and official sounding rubbish. Just tell him you will seek advice and just put the phone down on him. Dont give the man the time of day. Also if TOWER INVESTIGATIONS or GLOBAL DEBT recovery tell you they do a lot of work for Lloyds TSB, Ask who is their contact at Lloyds that you need to speak to in order to get any a/c information that you require. They wont be able to tell you. Because after a very friendly conversation with a guy in customer service at Lloyds he told me that they haven't used GLOBAL for quite a while. Basically they stopped their contract because they did not like the way the company carried out the way they attempted to recover debts, ie: they sacked them. This is a horrible little outfit who pray on the weak and something should be done by law to stop what they are doing.

Which is what I said!!!

Would anybody be interested in joining forces and seeing what we can do to stop them trading?

There seems to be enough of us on here who have suffered at their hands, and what they are doing is undoubtably illegal; harrassing people for debts they know can no longer be collected.

Besides I'd like to see a bully like Simon Giles brought down a peg or two.

hey guys

well here's a update about them sneaky GDR people, well thanks to u people (and i really crnt thank u enough), i recieved a letter 2day, after taking advice from all of u and sending them the statute barred letter, well here the respopnse i got

Dea ME

Client FV-1

Account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our client has completed a review of the above and instructed us to close our file. If you have any further enquiries you should send your correspondence direct to FV-1.

Your sincerely

pinky and perky

Global Debt Recovery Ltd.

even though am absoulutly chuffed to bits, it still anouys me the fact that they r allowed to get away with bully tactics, and if i wouldnt of been screwed on, and decided not to do a little research about the slimey sods then they would of got away with intimidating yet another poor person!!, jus wounder how many people actually pay these fiends......

anyway another thing correct me if am wrong but rnt global debt recovery and fv-1 all the same people??,, if not shouldnt they of supplied me with a address to correspond with fv-1 ( not that am planning too) ???

dnt they jus make you MAD lol:eek: xxxxxx

Yeh your right emmy also tower investigations and a couple of other side kick companies as well i believe. good for you on your result. Like you said its the people that dont know what to do that we all feel sorry for. Congratulations again.

good result in the end, but i agree should nt this be reported as a complaint and information of inaccurate attempts to get money in a non legal manner, what about a report to oft? at least they can put the complaint against the company for future action>>

anyway there has to be a way of sorts

see what others say but cheers anyway hope no one else come s a chasing

regards angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Which is what I said!!!

Would anybody be interested in joining forces and seeing what we can do to stop them trading?

There seems to be enough of us on here who have suffered at their hands, and what they are doing is undoubtably illegal; harrassing people for debts they know can no longer be collected.

Besides I'd like to see a bully like Simon Giles brought down a peg or two.

hey i would be well and truley interested in taking these muppets down a peg or 2 xxx

good result in the end, but i agree should nt this be reported as a complaint and information of inaccurate attempts to get money in a non legal manner, what about a report to oft? at least they can put the complaint against the company for future action>>

anyway there has to be a way of sorts

see what others say but cheers anyway hope no one else come s a chasing

regards angel x

hey

i hope no 1 else comes a chasing either lol, how would i go about sending a letter of complaint to oft???, as am all 4 it, am 4 doing anything that stops these ass's in there tracks xx emmy xx

Yeh your right emmy also tower investigations and a couple of other side kick companies as well i believe. good for you on your result. Like you said its the people that dont know what to do that we all feel sorry for. Congratulations again.

thanks wezi xx :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi Irishdebt

I am in exactly the same position as you. Have an old debt with AIB from over 4 years ago and this week received a letter from Tower Investigations. Emailed them to see what they were after and had a reply saying to contact immediately (this was from GDR). I replied again saying that they could contact me in writing to confirm what this was in regard to.

Unfortunately I dont know how any of the laws apply to Irish debt in the UK and was wondering if you had managed to find anything out. Really dont want this to affect my credit here as i have a mortgage and further cards and am actually very sensible now!

Dubdebt

I have a similar scenario - received letters from Tower and Global over an old AIB debt. However I am no longer resident in Ireland. What approach did you take with Global?

When did u last acknowlledge the debt monkeysaurus?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Great forum glad i found it.

I recieved a letter from Global on monday stating that i should call them about debt i owed, upon phoning them i discovered it was an old debt from over 11yrs ago with Lloyds which im sure got paid off but i have no paperwork from then. I didnt have much bother from the chap on the phone, all he said was i had to either pay it or prove it was paid and said he would be sending me out an invoice.

Anyhow after reading your forum i sent them a letter mentioned in earlier posts about statuate barred by recorded delivery and know they signed for it on the tuesday.

Today wednesday the promised invoice arrived which they sent out monday, if you can call it an invoice, havnt heard back yet on my letter or had any more phone calls. Looking at their invoice i noticed that it amazingly resembled letters posted on here about them owning the rights to the debt blah blah blah and the mention of FV-1 blah blah blah please phone to arrange payment details blah blah blah and that they aquired it in december 2006. Also i noticed the postcode KT3 4QW for the address was slightly different when i posted the letter to them and was KT3 4LW, i dont suppose this makes much difference as the rest of the address was correct.

Apart from sending them the statuate barred letter and waiting is there anything else i should be doing?

Cheers Dave

Edited by donemessingabout
missed out some info

Yep u can either

Twiddle ur thumbs,

Whistle,

Do both at the same time,

do anything else u would do whilest waiting around or

read threads on here

cause they are DCAs no brains betweens them alleglly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks