• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

shadrach v's NatWest ***WON***

shadrach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I am about to start off on the road to recovering my money...

So I need to get statements for last 6 years.

However already slightly confused. Have read about claiming last 6 years as a first stage. seems sensible but the S.A.R. form template doesn't seem to reflect this..or am I wrong.

Do i need to adapt it in any way. It also talks about sending £10 but people on this NatWest forum talk about £5 again do I adapt the S.A.R or should I just send the form to head office as it is with £10 as per the step by step instructions.

Good Start!!!!!

P.S. Also just changed my account from Advantage Gold to Current Plus. Will this make any difference.

Shadrach

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22nd Jan 2007

Prilim letter sent asking for £683 + £93.67 interest Total =£776.67

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Claim settled in FULL £969.93 30th May 2007

Hi Shadrach.

You don't need to put in dates as you can only claim back up to six years and that is what they will send.

Enclose £10 fee. They will probably send it back to you, but if you don't include it they may well use that as an excuse to delay compliance with your request.

Stick to the step by step guide and stick to your own timetable.

Regards, Rooster.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks Rooster

I'll do just that.

Thanks for the quick reply...

Regards

Shadrach...

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Well I have sent off my Subject Access Request letter with £10 as suggested. so it's time to sit back and read more threads... I have also, as suggested in the FAQ's, opened a parachute account.

Went for LLoyds.. for no other reason than they are next door to my Nat West branch.. opened a bog standard account and didn't even need to deposit any money...

Just had to sit through the usual chat... Even got offered an account where I could pay £25 per month for service I don't need....

Declined that one....

Waiting for statements in antisipation..

Back to reading about all you other guys...and girls.....

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

• 1 month later...

Ok here is an update... I sent my Subject Access request off on 22nd Jan 2007 With 40 days allowed as I understand it.. that takes me to sat 3rd march.... 2 days time... I have received statement for one account up to Jan 2000 ( I have requested 2 accounts) within a week...I received ..... usual thing I understand from other strings envelope riped apart then put in a plastic bag by the post office....

I have two days to go before the 40 days are up...

Did phone the lady in scotland shortly after receiving my first set of statments ( worried about missing statements, told the ones I have received were PRE and should wait for POST) but I have not been in contact since..

What should I do next... and when... Should I ring the Lady back She seemed nice and easy to talk to..... Some people seem to get things very quick others not.... just trying to get it right..

Shadrach

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had to phone scotland again and they said they don't know why the statements had not been sent, but would reorder them. finally got them wed 14th March.... Have trawled through them and found £683 in charges.

I have used the spreadsheets to work out the interest on these charges.

Comes to £93.67 so total claim is £776.67...

I have got the Prelim letter ready and attached the spreadsheet.

Just want to check I have the right address to send it to.

Customer Relations Unit

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

WD6 1TE

PS is there anything I have missed before I send

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Is that the spreadsheet?

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Yes done that thanks Nattie.

I will send it off in the morning recorded delivery !!

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Bank totally ignored me I sent prelim letter 15 days ago so allowing for delivery that would give them until Monday 2nd April i.e. tomorrow.. I have my LBA ready so if I don’t receive a cheque in the post in the morning I will send that off again recorded delivery.

Just as an aside, has anyone claimed their postage cost back? If so, presumably this can only be done at court stage.!

Shadrach

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

I've never thought about the postage costs as part of the claim but I suppose it all adds up.I don't think I would have been brave enough to do it but let's see what other folks think:D

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

I have a thought that in my SAR to the bank, I said that I would claim back the £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee, if I discovered that they had levied disproportionate penalties against me. Well I have so I’m going to claim that back.. as it is a cost to me. I am also thinking that that cost of sending letters to the bank are a cost that I would not have had, had the bank not charge me this charges in the first place… So to that end they are responsible for these costs and I should be able to claim them back as part of my costs. After all I can prove that this is a genuine cost to me and not some figure that makes me rich… Maybe I should charge for the paper and envelope as well !!! LOL….. But seriously at a £1 a time as you said It all adds up.

Shadrach

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

At the time when they do eventually come to settle with you , you can claim up to £9.50 per hour for all the work involved in letters and spreadsheets and getting court bundle together. So long as you are honest about what you are claiming, then you can claim for the work involved in your claim.

BTW where meeschac and abednigo.................. lol. Fendy xxx

Wow that’s amazing.

All I want is my expense (and the money they took) but nice to know what is legitimate expense and what is not….

Fantastic fendy good to have more strings to the bow.!!!!

Shadrach

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

• 3 weeks later...

well It's gone passed the 14days since my LBA plus a few days extra, thought I would give them more time to reply as it was over the bank holiday.... I know far to kind.. the court may look favorably towards me. Anyway you guessed it no reply totally ignored me.. So I am now about to make a claim on MCOL but before I do a couple of questions. The Banks Name and address is it my branch or head office or what address?

and what do I do about the attaching the schedule of charges or do I have to send this in the post.

Have looked at the N1 form but haven't been on MCOL yet hence my ignorance...

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Use the registered address when filing yur claim.

If using the MCOL route you'll have to forward your schedule seperately.

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours sincerely,

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Now that's what I call an answer!!! Nice one Deller!!! xx :D

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks for that Deller. As hedgey said great answer....

I am at work now but going to get down to making my claim tonight...

Thanks for your help

By the way fendy I think the other guys are still wandering around in the fire.... LOL

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Well I came home logged on and went to MCOL. First of all couldn’t submit my claim as the particulars of claim was way to long.. used the template. So with a bit more research on the forum I found particulars of claim suitable for MCOL. I.e. short and sweet. However I am going to claim the £10 SAR fee as I said I would in my letter to the bank and also I am going to claim a small amount for stationary and postage. So tomorrow all being well I will go to the court and submit my N1 claim…

I have also used the time to prepare my allocation questionnaire and statement of evidence.. I am going to follow the advise and use the new, Draft Order for Directions. Most of the sections are OK but the statement is the sticking point I have modified the template a fair amount as I have never had any letters from the bank or had a DD or cheque stopped.. They have just charge me £30 to put the words referral charge on my statement. That of course is after charging me £28 for being over my overdraft limit. My claim is for less than £1,500 so I am presuming that I won’t need to pay the £100 AQ fee.

Am I right in thinking that I sit back and wait until the court invoke the order request and then send all I have prepared, to both the court and natwest solicitors?

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Exactly, Shadrach . The court will issue directions to you,Time now is your biggest enemy. Be patient and your day of victory will soon arrive. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks Parkvale

I was just saying to my wife (and This will be good for others to ponder on) I sometimes get worried about Have I got things Right????? Am I going to loss everything… if I make a mistake… Then I gather myself and say THEY HAVE TAKEN IT ALREADY…………… all I am doing is claiming back what I haven’t got.. If I don’t get it then I have lost little… court cost, stationary that it. I know its mine but until I started this process, (and only because someone else did) they had it… If I get anything back, great, but if I mess up and get nothing, then I am in the same situation as I was before I started… there is no doubt in my mind that if I win I will be donating to this site. ,

It needs to be there for others. The reassuring thing for all is to read all those other threads…

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Shadrach, Just remember.You are legally entitled to claim back what has been taken out of your account. It's as simple as that. So do reassure Mrs Shadrach that you are on the home straight now.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks And I will do......

The support on this site is second to none

Shadrach

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Absolutely pleasure Shadrach, :)