new claimant for natwest charges

alfitw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:rolleyes: hi, your forum's cool... i've just spent my weekend going through my boyfriends 6 years bank statements which were sent quite swiftly from Natwest...charges to the tune of £4,135...pheww! can any one tell me if this swift response is a reflection of Natwests overall response to charge claimants and should i send the reclaim letter to the local branch (as i did for the 6 years statements) or to a head office? any tips welcome...

:rolleyes: hi, your forum's cool... i've just spent my weekend going through my boyfriends 6 years bank statements which were sent quite swiftly from NatWest...charges to the tune of £4,135...pheww! can any one tell me if this swift response is a reflection of Natwests overall response to charge claimants and should i send the reclaim letter to the local branch (as i did for the 6 years statements) or to a head office? any tips welcome...
  • Haha 1

Natwest aren't any faster than any other bank. sometimes they're faster, sometimes they're slower.

You could send your letter to the branch, but it takes a day or so for the internal mail to get it to its destination.

Alternatively, send it to the head office....

Natwest Bank PLC.,

135 Bishopsgate

London

EC2M 3UR

Regards, Rooster.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

hi thanx for the swift response...i've been reading some of the threads re: natwest claims and am a bit worried about the information re: advantage gold accounts...does the info mean that charges can not be claimed from this type of account AT ALL...or does it merely mean that you cannot claim back the monthly ADGD fee? i can live with the latter! :confused:

hi thanx for the swift response...i've been reading some of the threads re: NatWest claims and am a bit worried about the information re: advantage gold accounts...does the info mean that charges can not be claimed from this type of account AT ALL...or does it merely mean that you cannot claim back the monthly ADGD fee? i can live with the latter! :confused:

I hope it only means you cannot claim the adgd fee, because if it means otherwise, I'm up the swanny with my claim ;)

You cannot claim the Advantage Gold fee but you can claim the Unarranged Borrowing Fee. So say the charge is £40, £12 of it you cannot claim but £28 you can.

hi there...thanx for the advice...i've already had a good look around the site and the process is explained pretty well...i've read the threads relevant to natwest but still cant get to the bottom of whether you can't claim back charges from advantage gold account at all...or just the monthly adgd fee!? i want to establish this before i start the reclaim process...any advice/knowledge on this matter welcome :oops:

Ok answered on Maysie's thread but additional information is that Prelim Letters go to Customer Relations Unit, Borehamwood, not the branch. They will simply send it on the CRU Borehamwood.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

i've posted threads on here before re: reclaiming bank charges from natwest...i can't find my previous ones...am quite rubbish with internet skills! however, thought i'd ask some advice...sent off 14 day prelim letter listing charges and requesting them back (using template letter). natwest responded within a week stating 'we are considering your claim and will respond asap'. tomorrow (monday 12th) is the 14 day deadline...so do i send another letter if no offer of payment arrives or wait because they did actually respond within 14 days? any advice gratefully accepted :confused:

lba = letter before action, theres a template in the library, basically this says pay me within 14 days or its court for you.. only put in a nice way

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D

Alfitw ....

Here's a link that may be useful ... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html?highlight=step-by-step+instructions follow step-by-step instructions and stick to your timescale.

Keep reading other threads with similar vein to yours (most are!) and you won't go far wrong.

Post regularly to keep everyone updated, and you'll always find help when you ask.

Enjoy!

Outa :)

Outacash ...

thanx for the advice...i have put a few messages on here but when i log back on i can never find my thread...i've got back to this one via my email! i'm a bit confused as my 14 day prelim letter, stating a request for the amount reclaimed, also included a threat of court action if they did not respond...they did respond with a very nice letter saying they were 'considering' my case and will respond asap. so should i send another 14 day letter before actually beginning court action...advice gratefully accepted:confused:

I am going to add in my own conjecture on the response, it may and I repeat maybe the case that they are ordering copy statements on the account to check that figures that you have sent before offering a full refund, as i send this is my own conjecture.

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

thank you all...you really are a helpful bunch! nattie...that would be awesome if your conjecture is right...but as the 14 days are up tomorrow...do i send my lba...or not because they did actually respond already? if not how long do you suggest i wait before sending it x:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

.whatever is easiest for you i did an n1 at my local court, and with help from this site , found it quite easy to do. county court is what you want

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D