Credit Card Letter From Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this Morning I received a letter following my claim for £550 from the Halifax for charges incurred in 2005 / early 2006.

I was told that by signing the agreement I head read, understood and agreed to be bound by £25 charges for late payments.

The letter then goes on to say that they will not be refunding my charges , and that since the OFT findings in August 2006, they have lowered their charges.

Since that applied to none of my charges, as they were all incurred prior to that date, Can anyone give me some advice as to what steps I can take next to get this money back. Should I re-write to them, or as my 14 day deadline has now passed, Can I go straight to MCOL ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi G.M.M.M.

Regardless of what they say, the charges are still unlawful and therefore they are reclaimable. They may have lowered their charges but they are STILL unlawful.

Timetable should be...

Preliminary request.

14 days.

Letter before action.

14 days.

MCOL.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks Rooster, much appreciated !

Someone told me that there is no need for the further 14 days after your preliminary letter. As they have made their decision. I succesfully claimed my bank charges back and only gave them 14 days, when they didnt respond I took them to court and it was all good.

Another 14 days seem so excessive for company of their size.

Has anyone had this experiance with the halifax

The courts require that you make every effort to reach a settlement out of court. By allowing 28 days you are demonstrated that you have made that effort and that is to your advantage.

An extra 14 days is not a long time to wait, considering that a short time ago, you thought that these charges were beyond your reach.

Hang on, you'll get them.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....