• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

moongarden v Lloyds

moongarden
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i've just sent the letter before action to lloyds tsb for £2140. i worked out the interest on this to be £363.02 so a total of £2503.02

i get paid on 15th of july and am just writing my budget for the month.

how much should i allocate for court fees? is there anywhere i can look to work them out prior to completing the moneyclaim forms?

i have looked on the moneyclaim website and searched on here but can't find anything

thanks

debt free wannabe!

The £120 is paid when you initially file a claim. Bank has 14 days to acknowledge, if they do they have an additional 14 to file a defence the court will then send you an Allocation Questionnaire, which you send back with £100 fee.

So the answer is yes, but not all at once and if the bank settles before allocation you don't need to pay the £100. Both fees are reclaimable and will be automatically added to your claim

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've just got home tonight to find that lloyds have waited until the last minute and then entered a defence against me.

The actual defence part of their statement looks fairly standard "the bank is entitled as part of that arrangement to charge for those services" etc "the charges are fair and reasonable" and so on.

I have received an allocation questionnaire which i have completed (in pencil at the moment)

i have a few questions though - i'm travelling abroad in september for 3 months so should i put these dates as not available?

there is still a month before i go but is it likely to be possible to get a court date before then? (they have drawn this out as much as possible - i started this months ago)

what happens next?

thanks

debt free wannabe!

P M a mod with your details

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Hi moongarden. The courts are really busy right now and I would guess you are unlikely to get a court date that soon. It would be wise to put all the dates down when you are not available. Good luck and enjoy your travels...Saj x

SEE MY THREAD HERE...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/7358-saj-lloyds-tsb.html

Data Protection Act letter sent recorded delivery 15.5.06

Compliance 1.06.06

PAR letter sent recorded delivery 7.06.06

1st denial received 13/6/06

LBA letter sent recorded delivery 21.06.06 (received 22/6)

Moneyclaim filed 7/7/06, Served 15/7/06

Allocation questionaire returned 28/8/06

Court date 1st December :lol:

SETTLED UNCONDITIONALLY IN FULL 5.10.06

• 4 months later...

hi,

anyone else having problems sending messages via the buddy system?

my court appearance is on wednesday and i wanted to try and see if someone could come with me.

also does anyone have any guidance as to what legislation i should print out and take with me?

i've already got copies of all correspondence, bank statements, my spreadsheet of calculations, statements and copies of manual interventions.

thanks

rachel

debt free wannabe!

Hi,

Did you copy and send the court bundle ? You need everything from the court bundle in the templates, all correspondance between you and Lloyds, your statements or account information, a schedule, the McNamara interview (templates - soundfiles) and edit this to suit your claim and add it to your bundle too - GaryH v Lloyds TSB - WON !! UNCONDITIONALLY !!!!.

Kind Regards

Katie

You need 3 copies of everything.

thanks katie. i haven't sent the court bundle as i have been out of the country for nearly three months and just got back last week.

what should i do now? ask for an adjournment?

ive just tried again to send messages via the buddy system but its not working

it says

"Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/cag/posttobuddy.php on line 9"

so i'm not even sure its sent

yikes, i've got 48 hours to print, read and highlight all the bundle.

also i did not submit my statement of evidence 14 days before as i was out of the country.

how much does it cost to adjourn?

sorry but am having a small panic!!

debt free wannabe!

just been down to the court, paid £35 to apply to adjourn the case.

they took my money and went away to talk to a judge who said he would hear the application for adjournment on wednesday at 2pm - the time the case was due to be heard.

what do i do now?

debt free wannabe!

Did you indicate that you would be 'away' at any previous point during the claim?

If so, when, and what did you put...

Also, what papers have you received from the court (in all) during the claim period, and what have you received from the defendant so far?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

hi,

i told the court (Edited to say - I wrote on the AQ under the bit where it asked when i would/wouldn't be available) when i took my Allocation Questionnaire in and paid my second set of fees that i would be abroad and I gave the dates of my flights.

I have had the following correspondence:

22 Aug 06 - letter from HMCS stating that defendant has filed a defence and enclosing a copy of the Defence and Counterclaim - filed by Seciari, Clark and Mitchell which tells me i knew about the charges and they are part of the contract. The letter also asked me to file the enclosed AQ and pay the fee of £100 before 10th sept - which i did.

13 September - letter "General Form of Judgement or Order"

"It is ordered that : Unless the Claimant and Defendant do file allocation questionnaired by 4pm on 21st Septemver 2006 the claim and defence may be struck out"

23 October - Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing)

Giving date of hearing 24th January at 14:00

Requesting written copies of the evidince no less than 14 days before.

I received this letter in West Africa in early December.

That is all the correspondence I have received.

debt free wannabe!

So, the dates when you said you would not be available - they included the date that you were expected to exchange bundles?? Is that correct?

If so, I see no reason why a Judge would not adjourn once he/she hears you were out of the country and listed the dates on the AQ.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, just an update - the case was adjourned and i've now had a letter saying the case will be heard after 14th feb but not telling me the actual date yet.

on the same day as the adjournment i sent the full bundle by special delivery so i am now waiting to hear from lloyds or for a date from the court.

thanks

debt free wannabe!