Nationwide claim

tink2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just going through the process with Nationwide. Currently at MCOL stage, with claim acknowledged. This site has given us the confidence to take them on. MTM is right when he says it's our money!! This is the most fun I've had in ages! (Really bad year in 2006!!!) Thank you CAG.:):p to Nationwide!

Hi everyone I sent my request into nationwide (£500 of charges in 6 years). They have sent me a letter back basicly saying I was aware that I would get charged and can get nothing back. I opened my account 6 years ago. Where do I go from here is that it???? Has anyone else won with Nationwide???

Thanks

That was your basic 'foboff' letter. If that was your prelim letter, the next stage is LBA, templates on website. You'll probably get the same reply to that too, we did, give them 14 days after LBA then file your claim. Nationwide, it appears, don't usually pay out until you take them to Court. Read the other threads, they do actually 'empower' you. There's loads of help on this site, you just need to read loads!!!

Good luck.:)

Just received acknowledgement of service. Charles Bacon intends to defend whole claim, now have to wait 28 days, (Acknowledgement dated 190107), I take it it'll be 28 days from the 190107? (i.e., til 160207?). This is just the next stage in the 'dance' isn't it? (Bit of reasurrance needed please!!).

congratulations........... well done................ did they put any conditions on your win??? can you keep open your account???

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

There should be a LOT more to come yet. Reading the previous posts it seems that Nationwide can only afford to pay in installments. They start off with the interest and MCOL charge, then it appears that the rest drips in! I suppose they've got to cover the cost of the merger with the Portman!! Anyhow, I'll keep this updated, and they probably will close the account, but I haven't had anything yet to say that they will! :):lol:

Go for it. They take a bit of time though, we filed on the 16th Jan, acknowledged on the 19th Jan, money started coming in on the 25th Jan. We've only had the interest and Court fee back yet, so fingers crossed! If not we'll carry on with the court proceedings. I'd love to send the bailliffs into Mr Bacon's office!!!!! :D

Just had a letter in the post today from Mr Huntley saying that further to my correspondence with Charles Bacon, (funny the only correspondence with him was the MCOL summons!), Mr Huntley has refunded the charges claimed, interest and Court fee and Pending charges!!! I don't believe it! I'm rich! (£3842.87 in total). :eek: Thank you CAG members for giving me the confidence to take on Nationwide! :lol::-D

NOW, let's move onto my next victim................. .......................;)

I've just had the fob off letter - am writting the lba now so fingers crossed - thanks for the inspersation guys - some times you just need to hear someone else saying it works to give you the courage to contiue

Take that Nationwide!!

Lucyloo x

:)

Has anyone actually had their account closed down by Nationwide, rather than just a request?

My friend's said something about having 30 days to close it? Don't know what they will do if she doesn't comply.................

............who knows what they are capable of!!!! :lol:

...MTM is right when he says it's our money!!
Of course I'm right!...I'm ALWAYS right! (...I'm a Bloke aren't I?...lol)

Unless I'm wrong...I also have a right to be wrong (...cos I'm a Bloke...lol).

But then again, is it right to be wrong to be ALWAYS right?

P.S. I'm not bad at finding directions in a car either!...rofl...:lol:

This is the most fun I've had in ages!
I think U should really try to get out more often!...lololol...:)

Try getting your head around a Claim involving +£5k, more than 6yrs, PPI, Removal of a Default Notice, a CRA still processing a Closed account, Debt sold on to a DCA, NO statements to hand, NO original signed agreement and all with the knowledge that the money that U would recover won't clear the whole of the balance and U will be chased for the remainder!

Then there's a Re-possession from '96 which was cos of unlawful Bank Charges and involves a 'with profits' endownment policy, since cashed in early, a missed out De-mutualisation shares payout cos of the timing of the Re-possession and is still within the 12yrs that the Bank can chase me for the shortfall when they sold the house at auction for pittance!

...and just don't ask me about Student Loans that straddle either side of the '98 divide!!!

Of course I'm right!...I'm ALWAYS right! (...I'm a Bloke aren't I?...lol)

Unless I'm wrong...I also have a right to be wrong (...cos I'm a Bloke...lol).

But then again, is it right to be wrong to be ALWAYS right?

P.S. I'm not bad at finding directions in a car either!...rofl...:lol:

I think U should really try to get out more often!...lololol...:)

Try getting your head around a Claim involving +£5k, more than 6yrs, PPI, Removal of a Default Notice, a CRA still processing a Closed account, Debt sold on to a DCA, NO statements to hand, NO original signed agreement and all with the knowledge that the money that U would recover won't clear the whole of the balance and U will be chased for the remainder!

Then there's a Re-possession from '96 which was cos of unlawful Bank Charges and involves a 'with profits' endownment policy, since cashed in early, a missed out De-mutualisation shares payout cos of the timing of the Re-possession and is still within the 12yrs that the Bank can chase me for the shortfall when they sold the house at auction for pittance!

...and just don't ask me about Student Loans that straddle either side of the '98 divide!!!

Hi MTM, Modest as always I see!!! lol! :p

All I can say is WOW!!! I'll leave that lot in you're capable hands!

You'll be pleased to know that I can afford to go out now!!! :-D (Tis a sad life I lead!!):cool:

Tink;)

• 2 months later...

Hey guess what! :o This week I received a letter from the Nationwide regarding the final closure of my account. It said, words to the affect of, ' We have reviewed our decision to close you account, and have decided that in an effort to 'save our banking relationship':lol: we will NOT now be closing your account. But please be a very good person and keep to the rules and regs and don't cause us any more trouble, blah, blah, blah':rolleyes:

Laugh! you could have knocked me down with a feather!!!

That is brilliant news, that is what I was hoping they will do to us!!!

Congratulations and well done, again! Unfortunately should they give us that offer we would have to try and comply as due to all the b***dy charges and bad credit reference because of them we have no where to go!! Oh well keep fingers crossed!

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...