New Donate and Amazon affiliate buttons

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some of you will have noticed by now the donate button and the Amazon button which appear new the top of the forum.

We are still working out the best place to put these buttons. The Amazon one will be changed over the weekend.

Please let us know if you feel that they are too obtrusive and if you can think of better places for us to put them.

We are quite nervous about doing this because it is not at all what we expected to be doing with this forum. However as has been discussed in a previous thread, the site is becoming very big very quickly and so we have had to decide to take this action to support it.

We are very grateful for these supportive comments which we have received so far about donations and money earning schemes. We have a few more affiliate schemes to introduce they will all be relevant and useful to the business of recovering penalty charges from the banks.

Once again we would be very interested to receive further comments and of course, criticisms as we think that this is all a matter for The Consumer Action Group community.

I think both the donate and amazon are excellent ideas for rasiing money. Personally I think they are better than a specfiic affiliate program, as with an affiliate it willl give the appearance of supporting a particular product, even if people here can give reviews and even if a product is torn apart in such reviews, to my thinking it still gives a slightly negative impression of this site overall. Whereas with the donate button it is an open thing, people know it's just to give money with no affiliation at all. You don't even need to use PayPal if you don't want to!! Pretty much the same with Amazon, as you're not recommending any particular books, just the store itself, which though I suppose is a sort of affiliation? So maybe I've just contradicted myself :)

Neil.

I think that anything that gives forum users the chance to contribute to the running costs of the site is to be welcomed. Additionally, the more choice they have, the greater the likelihood they will contribute in many ways, both great and small.

If there was a 'donations' page - with links to the donate button, affiliates and even 'buy our products,' peer pressure from other forum users would ensure the page gets well used.

Don't be scared to ask for money - everyone realises that this sort of support must cost somebody something, and most people are here because they want help and also because they want to help others...

The only suggestion I would make is to steer clear of corporate logos appearing all over the place - that gives the impression of advertising, and that is the only thing that is likely to deter people from using the links...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello everyone.

I think the new links are just right.The site does need donations and any little bit to keep it running i am sure is of great help.

I will, as most, make a donation when i get my charges back i can not afford at the moment and most people are probably in the same boat.When i shop online and it is mostly for books i usually use Amazon so it will be nice to come through this site and give something back.

You do a fantastic job and all off of your own back i dont think therre is anyone on this site who does not want to help in some way.

I do think this should be put on a more prominant link and more widely visible for people to comment on and it would also raise its profile.

The more people commenting on this the better as it will instill a feel good factor to all of us using this site knowing we are doing our bit to keep it up and running.

Thanks to everyone.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

I think the new donate and amazon buttons look good. I wonder how many people have actually donated so far? There was a comment else where that a few days ago only 7 people had? I don't think it appropriate to list individuals, but the number of people would be good to know? Perhaps this could be added next to the survey of claims made that were successful?

The link giving the amount of money returned and the number of people who have received it seems to be automated? Perhaps you could automate the number who have donated?

Neil.

Neil, we have donated a very small sum as this is all that we can afford. Some members may not have any extra money to give ... yet! But :) when we get back the return of our money then we shall give more!

This site has given us so much, not only in information but the courage to take on the big banks. The way I look at it if it wasn't for this site we would not have even taken the first step to recovering our charges! :)

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Neil, we have donated a very small sum as this is all that we can afford. Some members may not have any extra money to give ... yet! But :) when we get back the return of our money then we shall give more!

This site has given us so much, not only in information but the courage to take on the big banks. The way I look at it if it wasn't for this site we would not have even taken the first step to recovering our charges! :)

I couldn't agree more - rather than a £ contribution, would you consider a % contribution...I did, and like yourself, this is not about the money, but about the personal growth/development the site has given me...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I feel whatever is decided is fine by me, without this site I wouldnt have the chance of my money yes I miss it and I need it but in a way I havent had it so I havent missed it (hope this makes sense), so I think its only fair to help someone else to get their money back and not just say thanks for helping me out guys im off now

In progress:

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

[quote name=sean frampton)

I do think this should be put on a more prominant link and more widely visible for people to comment on and it would also raise its profile.

The more people commenting on this the better as it will instill a feel good factor to all of us using this site knowing we are doing our bit to keep it up and running.

Thanks to everyone.[/quote]

Sean I have tonight tried to sort something out to help on this matter am awaiting a reply from admin

In progress:

At the end of the day, if BAG/CAG has helped you to recoup money that you would otherwise have written off, then donate a percentage of it to ensure the group can help others...

There is no fixed rate - but the early contributors will help to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to reclaim what is rightfully theirs...

This site and the folk that run it are wonderfull,Where on earth else could you get such advice and support for nothing.I like the new donate bit at the bottom,But will we need a credit card or debit card to donate :confused: that lets me out if so, and i so want to contribute when i have anything to give.Not many of us members i suspect could have a hope in hell of fighting the banks let alone winning without your help and wisdom...If any one does take advice an then says thanks tara,They should hang there heads in shame:mad: so what can i an other basic folk do to contribute if we aint got card or cheques :|

I will when i can folks "I.O.U a substatial donation Lizzie"

Dont get mad :-x get even :)

We can take cheques or postal orders as well. Pm me and I'll let you have the address and account detail. :)

I hope nobody thought I was having a go at anyone!! The reason I think putting up the number of people who have contrbuted would help motivate others to donate when they are in a postion to do so. I recognise that many are not in a postion to contribute, and even when they have got thier money back, due to personal circumstances, still may not be in a position to do so and thye should not feel bad about not contrbuting.

I'm also sure there are some who can afford to but just haven't got around it it yet. And I think if those people saw that ony 7 or 10 or 20 or whatever number of people had contributed they would decide to do so themselves. If only 10% of the 17,000 + members gave only £1.00 each that would add up and help a great deal.

As someone once said "I give not because I have not, but if I had I would give"

Neil

I hope nobody thought I was having a go at anyone!! The reason I think putting up the number of people who have contrbuted would help motivate others to donate when they are in a postion to do so. I recognise that many are not in a postion to contribute, and even when they have got thier money back, due to personal circumstances, still may not be in a position to do so and thye should not feel bad about not contrbuting.

I'm also sure there are some who can afford to but just haven't got around it it yet. And I think if those people saw that ony 7 or 10 or 20 or whatever number of people had contributed they would decide to do so themselves. If only 10% of the 17,000 + members gave only £1.00 each that would add up and help a great deal.

As someone once said "I give not because I have not, but if I had I would give"

Neil

No problem Neil I feel the same thats why I said we had already sent a donation and promise to send more when our claim is settled , I have put in a thread donate to this site ( and await the onslaught LOL) without this site we would be non the wiser so as you rightly say we havent actually missed this money giving a little back may even help you in the future :D

What do you think of my signiture? lol

In progress:

It would be nice if those who had donated could be recognised by a special avatar or something. This will give recognition to the individuals, and will also encourage others who have not to do so.

I think everyone should give what they can afford, rather than a fixed number or percentage. If every member gave a quid it would cover a lot of costs.

My opinion anyway.

It would be nice if those who had donated could be recognised by a special avatar or something. This will give recognition to the individuals, and will also encourage others who have not to do so.
Sorry but I have to disagree. An Avatar is personal. But more to the point I don't think anyone should be singled out for having donated or not. It is what it claims to be - a donation.

[

Whatever you do its not going to be right by everyone :(

But I feel its the right thing to do to donate ....we have already donated £10 as thats all we can afford at the moment and when we get our settlements we will give a minimum of 5%.

What will anger me is that some people will get a settlement through the help of this site and then walk away without even a thankyou, then when another loophole is found and they can claim back more they will come back in and do the same ........its a fact of life I am afraid .........when we do make a further donation I will put it on my avitar if that upsets anyone tough

In progress:

Sorry but I have to disagree. An Avatar is personal. But more to the point I don't think anyone should be singled out for having donated or not. It is what it claims to be - a donation.

absolutement.. it's an unfortunately prevalent and common trait of species (particularly humans) to advocate Richard Dawkins "Selfish Gene" theory...

It would be fantastic if every individual that utilized this website contributed - perhaps on a percentage basis (bearing in mind that most would likely have received 0% had they not had access to this site, and it's guidance and support), but there are individual circumstances to consider coupled with the intsinctively selfish attributes of many members of our society.

All we can do as individuals is contribute where possible, and positively encourage others to follow our example. Threads such as this all help highlight the benefits of altruism and hopefully in time BAGGERS will prove to be a distinct species, classified in taxonomic terms in a phylum of their own - The Unselfish Gene.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

opppssssss I said avatar I meant signature

In progress:

Hi Vampiress.I see your point, but I do not agree. If you look at sites such as http://www.justgiving.com or other websites accepting donations, they all give public recognition to persons making a donation who have chosen to support the site.

If that encourages other individuals to make a donation which ensures that the Action Group is able support more people, or even target those who are still being charged by banks but are not lucky enough to have internet access, or to advertise/challenge the banks than that is surely is a good thing. If every member donated £1 a month, that is well over £200k a year.

I could not give much as I am indebted to my eyeballs, but I gave what I could. With the money I have received so far, I wiped out almost 10% of my debts, and managed to keep my house from being repossessed. Thats worth some gratitude.

I think it would be a bit perverse to put the level of donation received, but I do strongly believe that we should recognise those people. Also, I am not only talking about cash, there are also an army of people behind the scenes who donate time, skills etc that should be recognised as well.

To end all the arguments I think the best thing admin can do is charge a fee to view the site then at least those genuine enough to want their money back and say thankyou back will do.

Unfortunately it might deter those that are claiming back a small sum, but then why should admin support everyone my moto is give a little take a little

those that just want to use the site for their own gains and let someone else pay the bills will be left by the wayside. 5% of any claim is not that much to give after all if a man in the street said to you give me a fiver and I will give you a hundred pounds you would rip his hand off, as far as I am concerned the admin in here is this man in the street

My wife and I are also struggling financially what we get back will help it wont put us back on the straight and narrow, but hey if this site wasnt here we would still be worse off, so if admin decides to name and shame or not its fine by me

Those willing to donate can say so in my thread "please donate to this site" at least admin can see what the future of the site is

In progress:

Guest Lueeze

We wont charge a fee for registering, otherwise we would be as bad as the banks! Thanks for everyone's suggestions, we will rely on kind hearted users donating, but of course this is not mandatory, just helps with our costs! After all we have doubled our user base in a couple of weeks!

Thanks Mechs for putting up this thread!

Lou xx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks