EQUIFAX SAR rEAD HERE !!!!!

Bailiffchaser
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a sar off to equifax as they are dealing with all of my financial information. Recieved a letter back 3 days later asking my for my details etc once again. I sent this off on friday. Now the juicy bit. The letter came from the sar compliance section based at bradford. I think i may have just scratched the surface but if you think that your credit file has incorrect information on it sar the relevant credit refrence agency. Then if there is any incorrect information you can force the credit refrence agency to comply etc. As then they would be holding incprrect information. similar to a bank account if the banks are supplying incorrect info to the cra then it is upto the cra to make sure the information is correct If it is not then the cra are the ones who have to answer as nobody is going to goto a bank and ask them are they ? Tell me i am not making sense !!!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Are you saying that Equifax held more information about you than you would have found asking for a copy of your credit report?

Also, are you trying to say that by sending a SAR that if the info is incorrect that it is because if the SAR that you would then be able to seek an amend, rather than just relying on the law?

Maybe I'm confused... :-)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The requirement of an sar is to supply you with certain data that is held on

you.

However, the CRAs have agreements with their clients that they will not amend or remove data from their files without permission. I personally

think they are denying us our statutory rights, but unless I have missed

something, I cannot see how applying for an sar will redress any inaccuracy

in the way you think.

The sar would give a complete breakdown of any correspondances you have had with equifax and also any action taken by equifax also the basic £2 only shows what is the end product. The sar will or should show exactly what else there is on the reports. If there were no other things then why has this agency got a sar compliance dept ?

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

If there were no other things then why has this agency got a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) compliance dept ?

Errm, because the Law requires them to be set up to handle those requests?

Simply issuing an SA R will not give you ANY more ammo. Read your credit report. If it is incorrect write to them demanding that they correct it, citing the Data Protection Act which requires them to process your data in particular ways; one of which is "accurately".

There must be other information about which does not show on a standard credit file !!!!

Yes there may well be; let us know what it is when you get it - because your credit file contains everything I can think of, right down to underpant size! All I can think of that they would have is copies of letters etc.; but the thing which damages you is your credit reference entry so that's the information I would be concerned with correcting to be honest.

• Haha 1

If a banks sar shows you manual inter vention then the cra sar should also show this. As they are supplying information which they have not checked i think it could open the floodgates to other things !!!!!

The banks don't show manual intervention though - that is only mentioned to block any mention of what their staff might have done to increase the potential costs to them should the case proceed to court.

I would be extremely surprised if a SAR could throw up anything an any use here, but it's your call and I'm sure we all look forward to the outcome.

Best of luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Have had a reply from equifax this morning by special delivery gauranteed by 9am. approx 300 pages. shows every single department and what they have on me also all the correspondance and queries i have logged with them over the last 7 years. Also what reason was given for the searches made by companies etc. more info than on the credit file. i am assuming that if everybody sent them a sar and adjusts it then the cra will be swamped. Also i can see several incorrect details. Which i am now going to write and have put right. If not then i will do them for non compliance.

BC, you have certainly left me with egg on my face, as I never expected

that you would get virtually anything more than you would have had you

sent the customary £2. I have never had any correspondence with CRAs

but it does seem that you got more than even you expected. Well done.

Now that you have had time to digest the results have any companies that

have carried out searches not had your permission to search, or their reason

for the search was dubious or unwarranted?

BC I KNEW what you meant so it's intersting to see that your suspicions are correct. Let's not forget the fact that CRAs have zilch legal right to collect and keep your information.

I am seriously thinking of sending a S10 DPA notice to all three and just tell them to stop processing my personal data. Not only am I in serious conflict with 3 companies named on mine I have had some very strange and inaccurate info posted including a mobile phone I allegedly had for two days and whilst there is nothing adverse in the info it is just incorrect I never had this phone. I am going to SAR just one of the three and see what that throws up for starters. Good move BC.

ok you gave them the right to share it for that peticular thing ie bank account credit etc but do they then have have the right forever and a day or can you revoke the right after the fact

You don't give your permission to process your personal data in perpetuity. Also, a lot of these so called agreements are quite often just an application form and when you sign that, you usually only agree to them making enquiries in relation to the application and to prevent fraud.

Also if the S85 movement elsewhere on this board is correct when the credit card company last reissued a new card they failed to enter into a new agreement and therefore they have to repeat ZILCH authoirty to process your personal data and if S85 holds up should not be taking payments and charging interest.

Clearly there is not stock answer to this one as you will need to see your own Credit agreement and examine it in relation to this.

If you decide to serve a s10 notice (Data Protection Act) then you can stop all this but as has been rightly pointed out this may mean you have NO credit history for future loans even though most banks, bs etc use a point scoring system and the CRA info is possibly a small part of their decision making.

At the end of the day the law is there to try and protect you so use it as you think appropriate to your individual circumstances.

BC I KNEW what you meant so it's intersting to see that your suspicions are correct. Let's not forget the fact that CRAs have zilch legal right to collect and keep your information.

I am seriously thinking of sending a S10 Data Protection Act notice to all three and just tell them to stop processing my personal data. Not only am I in serious conflict with 3 companies named on mine I have had some very strange and inaccurate info posted including a mobile phone I allegedly had for two days and whilst there is nothing adverse in the info it is just incorrect I never had this phone. I am going to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) just one of the three and see what that throws up for starters. Good move BC.

you need to cra equifax at their registered address which is i think london

BC, you have certainly left me with egg on my face, as I never expected

that you would get virtually anything more than you would have had you

sent the customary £2. I have never had any correspondence with CRAs

but it does seem that you got more than even you expected. Well done.

Now that you have had time to digest the results have any companies that

have carried out searches not had your permission to search, or their reason

for the search was dubious or unwarranted?

where as you and i get charged £2 for a single report that never updates with the sar you get copies of every report sent to you. you also get copies of all emails sent to all the various departments asking if they have any information on you and also tells you when information was added on and who authorised the information.

BailiffChaser,

Hi, its sparkie I told you you'd get more info than you see on your credit file I got over 2000 pages in my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Equifax, and well worth the £10 in my opinion I got some real info from that.

:) sparkie1723

every body should fire a sar off and see what excuse the cra comeup with when everybody starts to challenge them !!!

• 2 months later...

Sounds like the extra £8 is well worth it, I'll get typing! :D

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

my SAR to yorkshire bank didnt return default notices or CCJ information but these are all on my credit file. Seems they didnt provide them in my SAR does anyone think I could get the defaults and CCJs removed?

they are all satisfied but its annoying as I cant get credit at all and have ended up with a very high interest mortage.