Request For Repayment Letter

Fulhamnick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP!!!!!

Over the three bank accounts that I have with Lloyds TSB, they have taken in the last six years 4,101.50 Pounds in penalties. Looking at the "Request for repayment of charges" Letter in the library, I have a number of questions.

I think I've calculated the interest incorrectly? I used the "simple" spreadsheet and calculated 668 pounds of interest based on 8%.

I've seen the complex spreadsheet however, and now think I should use this spreadsheet at this stage. ("Request for repayment of charges")

On the complex spreadsheet, It asks for "account balance at interest date", this has not always been provided. What should I do? Do I need to re-ask for the information? will this cost a further 10.00 pounds?

The S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter I sent did not ask for the balances. Was this a mistake on my part?

Any help would be useful. :confused:

Hi Fulhamnick

if you are just about to send your first letter to LloydsTSB asking for the money back then you dont need to include interest at this stage, interest at 8% comes when you are in the process of taking them to court.

the spreadsheet you need is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html go to this page and click on where it says "click here for vampiress' chamber of spreadsheets"

when the new window opens it will give you various different options for spread sheets . i initially used number 3a the one without interest.

i hope this helps

regards

paul

Thanks Paul,

So if I have this right. My first letter to the bank should only ask for the repayment of the penalties.

When I proceed to the court, I then charge 8% on each of the penalties.

I think I will use the simple version of the spreadsheet. The other spreadsheet, asks me to key in the account balance and interest charged on my account. Whilst this would probably allow me to claim money I'm entitled too, its very complicated and don't have the complete information.

I hope I have this correct now.

Thanks Again.

Hi FulhamNick,

Thats correct . the first letter basically asks the bank to repay you all the charges levied against you account. you need to include the schedule of the charges the bank have levied against your account with this letter. then if they dont reply you send them the Letter Before Action along with another copy of the schedule of charges they have taken.you need to give the bank 14 days to respond to your first letter before sending the L.B.A and again you need to give them a further 14 days to respond to the LBA before you consider court action

then if they dont respond or do not respond in a positive manner then you go to court, its at this point you add the 8% interest.

if you get stuck the letters to send are available in the templates library and there is a full FAQ section should you get stuck

also with regards to your reference to your S.A.R as long as you have the statements showing the charges that the bank have taken from your account you should be fine

Good luck with your claim

regards

paul