Oyster Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now this thing bugs the hell out of me, I refuse to get one, but I also don't think it's fair I should have to pay double someone who does.

Comments?

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

Tough.

Love Don - a literary giant and proud owner of an Oyster Card.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Tough.

Love Don - a literary giant and proud owner of an Oyster Card.

Yes I agree, they are rather tough little beggars aren't they.

I'm more concerned about the fact that they track you every single step of your journey and identify you by your personal details that you've paid with it for.

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Oh and I'd love to stick one over on that communist sat on his fat ass in the GLA.

Yes I agree, they are rather tough little beggars aren't they.

I'm more concerned about the fact that they track you every single step of your journey and identify you by your personal details that you've paid with it for.

I don't like that aspect either. I paid for mine in cash and only use cash to 'top-up' to avoid it. However, I only use it when I make the occasional visit to London, so I don't need a travel card version.

If you pay by card they note the details.

I used to keep Underground tickets as receipts for some of my journeys. When I asked LT about this they emailed me a PDF of the last 3 months and told me that they could not send more than that as they do not keep individual records for more than this period.

With data storage getting cheaper by the year I think it possible that at some stage in the future the data will be kept for longer periods. The current terrorist threat is one reason that will be used to argue for for such retention.

Having used Oyster for about a year I appreciate the advantages - not having to queue at peak times, not having to keep individual tickets as receipts, and if anything slightly easier to use than paper tickets.

My main complaint is not with GLA but the rail companies that as yet have refused to accept Oyster and are therefore a barrier to integrated tranport. Compare the state of the North London Line carraiges, for example, with LT buses and trains, and I think there is a case for LT taking over the commuter services that were once part of BR.

Paul

Hmmm Re-Nationalisation by the back door. :D

I bet it would work until the 1st strike.

• 4 months later...

eclectech : the tinfoil hat song

;)

TISCALI:

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/f8.html?

Abbey:

06/05/06 S.A.R sent chased 13 July

01/08/06 Posted preliminary letter

15/08/06 Posted LBA

18/08/06 Received part payment -23/10/06 Sent rejection letter, requesting full payment.

Halifax Current Account:

03/07/06 S.A.R sent, acknowledgment received 05/07/06,

23/10/06 Prelim sent

Halifax Credit Card:

13/07/06 S.A.R. sent, acknowledgment received 26th July

04/08/06 Sent CCA request for original loan agreement

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks