star2544 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Luck Star, and good luck to you as well AWC - as you say, not as if you need any luck.

My prelim was rec'd on 15th Jan, and Iv'e already had back the statutory reply:

'...will get bck to you shortl, but certainly within 4 weeks.'

Oh well, guess they'll get my LBA before they get round toreplying to me..:D

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just a quick question.

Worked out 8% intrest and it brings my ammount to £595.00. Do I now have to pay the £80.00 court fee?

Also can the Halifax close another account I have with them?

If I am starting Legal today does it have to be done by 5pm? Should I call the bank First?

Thanks

Just called Customer relations and advised that I will be stsrting Court Proceddings today and she advised that she will be calling me back today!! Hopefully this means that she will be offering me my money in FULL!!

Any advice would be appreciated......

woo hooooooo!!!! Just recieved call back from a SARAH BRIGGS in customer relations telling me they will be paying me in full the whole £490.00 and they will be sending me an acceptance letter out in post and then the cheque!!!! WOO HOOO!! Thanks to everone on this site!!!!!!

Halifax PLC - that's only of they're claiming from Halifax and not another bank...

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Star,

Have you re'd payment yet... still waiting for mine, but then it's only 7 days...

hi guys i have been following your thread, your story is kinda the same as mine, does anyone know how long roughly they take to pay the money in? I just won the case and sent off the acceptance letter off last friday and got delivered Saturday, so how long should i allow?

annabella - they got my acceptace last Thursday, and money is showing in the account today

Survivor :D

Star,

7 days from faxing back acceptance and posting original, they credited my account with the full amount.

Survivor