jssandy01

capquest/Egg CCA failure to comply

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3117 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I have a lot of debt issues that I m trying to sort out and with help of this site it is going well so far. Great to have friends when you need them.

I have a debt with egg they are claiming £3554.26. They sold debt to Capquest. Sent CCA request on 18/12/06 they sent copy signed agreement with their letter dated 17th January so over the 12 working days. They did not, however enclose any terms and conditions or statement of account which I understand is not full compliance of the CCA request. Is this the case? If so should I advise them or just wait until 42 day is passed(12 plus 30 days) when they would have commited an offence. We are currently day 35. Advice would be appreciated on what tack to take.They have put account on hold until 26th January to await my response and payment.

Many Thanks

Hello

42 days now well and truly up. Can someone help with the situation re not receiving terms and conditions or statement ? Did they comply or not? they have started to chase me again.

Many thanks

I don't kno wabout the T&C and statement request but my understanding is that as the yhave supplied the correct agreement they can chase the debt and enforce it.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

CapQuest like all debt collection agencies need a licence from the OFT. If what was sent to you was sent by CapQuest, ask them if they intend to stand in court in place of Egg, but address your letter to CapQuest Company Secretary (find name/address from Companieshours.gov.uk for £2). Probably your case is wandering from basket to basket, through layers and layers of bureaucracy. If you show you are not a person to be bullied, that you are far more willing to stand in court than Egg......

jssandy01 - you may get more help in the PPI section - Reidnet is extremely helpful over there and is something of a champion of this cause

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

As i understand if they cannot provide you with a credit agreement then they must provide you with the terms and conditions of the loan i.e;amount lent amount to repay,amount to repay p.m,interest rate p.a,total to repay inc interest.If they cannot provide EITHER( the last need not have a signature,only your name)then they are in breach of OFT guidelines.Complain to the OFT.