Patience (not) -v- A & L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

anyone else received offer letter from Wragges.............stated that my last offer (which I rejected and returned) still stands as a goodwill gesture in a full and final settlement!!! :eek:

I rang the court and the stay application will take upto 3 weeks to be looked at.

Can I make them an offer?

Am I still in a bargaining position? :rolleyes:

I am now at the position where the more work the solicitors have to undertake the costlier it is getting for the banks. It is a small sum for the banks and the costs would soon be outweighing the claim!!

Keep the wheels turning, eh.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Wragges are sending out this standard letter to everyone, see Alice Roses thread "Here is Wragges 6 page defence".

They're trying to settle, knowing people will be very tempted to have some money now instead of waiting. They really are B******s, But I guess its purely up to the individual. Now you have sent in your appeal, I think you would do well to fight it out!

KayX

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 2 weeks later...

Righty then,

Received notice that a hearing for lifting of the stay is on 20th November.

I have sent the STAY template together with supporting evidence as per post #50 and would like now to find additional info to take with me to the hearing.

any suggeStions,

DWD

ps.....I have since found this and am working on it, thanks ZOOT http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/114505-bundle-stay-hearing.html

Hi all,

when I rang the courts yesterday I was advised that Wragge did not file a defence on the 17th as ordered, this was the same day the stay was ordered by the court! :mad:

You'd have thought maybe they would look in the file and see Wragges are behaving like A-Holes and tell them to bugger off.

DWD

Hi all,

I am looking for the terms and conditions for the 'cashplus' account (as at start of claim, 2001) and T&C's for the changeover to the 'basic cash' (as at finish of claim 2006).

I cannot find them anywhere and I remember that at the time of change that the terms were changed whereby you couldn't use the counter to deposit money and the online bank doesn't let you cancel/see direct debits - I ended up cancelling DD's with a letter placed in the letterbox of the local branch.

I was hoping to use these terms as unacceptable in keeping my account in order at my stay hearing.

TY, DWD

• 1 month later...

Hi all, got the hearing for 20th and received Wragges document for stay hearing. Have sent further docs which have crossed.

The offer made which is acceptable for two months, can someone advise that if say Test Case 'eventually' finds that £10 is acceptable for charges will we only be able to claim for excess after the £10 on each charge or is the full amount reclaimable as per previous claims.

WOULD THIS THEN MEAN I MAY AS WELL ACCEPT THE OFFER IN FULL AND FINAL AS THIS WOULD AMOUNT TO AROUND THE SAME REFUND,

Thanks DWD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Have stay hearing shortly and am looking for advice on a few points.

1) is a 'without prejudice' letter wholly void from being involved with a claim. (wragges stay defence states that it was only speculation that my account would be closed.) - the 'without prejudice' offer letter contains the paragraph........'you may have seen media reports that some banks have considered closing certain customers' accounts where the customer has comlained about bank charges. We would like to reassure you that if you do accept our offer of settlement we will continue to operate your account.We would only do so on the basis that you accept the Terms and Conditions of your accountpreviously notified to you and that charges will be applied in accordance with our current charging policy'.......is this a threat of account closure?

2) Has anyone been to a stay hearing to answer wragges defence (Mark Heynes -V- HSBC and Mark Heynes -V- A & L) ?

I'll post others as they come to me!!

thanks, DWD

ANOTHER QUESTION -

Am I right in assuming that the banks would have had prior knowledge of the waiver 'with special regard to being committed to paying out on the last offer for a two month period'

If this was the case then surely this could be a factor in Wragges sending me a revised lower offer just seven days prior to the oft test case announcement.........was this practise rife among claimants??

Sent letters to A&L and solicitors with regard lifting my stay due to hardship and avoid the necessity to go to court.......solicitors reply........we have been instructed to proceed with the hearing. We await the outcome of the hearing.

Abuse of the FSA Waiver guidelines??

Load of tosh!

Hearing duration 35 minutes - a pound a minute!!

Stay remains, I'm not an hardship case (apparently) 'I could seek alternative employment' and Alliance & Leicester have acted wholly respectably :mad: and did I seek the advice of a solicitor. I thought these hearings were fast track and thus NO costs!!

Do you know what, I have a DMP and have failed to keep up payments along with other debts. Look up 'Hardship', I do endure monthly pressures to meet outgoings. :eek:

Get a better paid job, they reduce your Tax Credits. I wouldn't be better off AND have the flexibility I currently have with my job and looking after the children when they are on school holidays (wife cannot change her hours ).

And the payment wouldn't significantly ease my burden, :evil: £$%&*^_+£.

Different Planet

Oh yeh, then he asks the Barrister (very nice chap) if the bank would like to apply costs (apparently not, very considerate)

:roll: and started talking about 'multi track' and the fact that costs would have been around

£6-800 POUNDS

:shock: :shock:

just pass my cheque to the nice Barrister

The Laws an Ass

As you can tell I'm NOT bitter at all