Responeded once I woke them up!

Guest Alison82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

more interest!! they do have the nack of filing at the 11th hour

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

30/06/06 Money Claim 6QZ55487

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alison82

I have just recived confirmation that Lloyds is defending my claim! I'm a bit worried now I know they will probably back out at the last min but what if they don't!

They are saying it is for a service (I have emailed Dave and BF so hopefully they can help me) but any advice from anyone else would be appricated. It has been moved to a court near me which is good. I have until the 24th to send back the questionaire

I may need a buddy if it comes to it :(

Come on Alison dont loose your nerve that's exactly what they want. Do not be intimadated either, fight the bully's. We are talking the talk and we will walk the walk to get our money back. I'm sure what you want will be on the door matt soon. Good luck and keep us informed, we are all with you.

Remember Alison82: Don't blink!

As you say - more likely than not they will back out at the last minute. There's plenty of support available here, we're all thinking of you and willing to support you as much as we can. Good luck and keep us informed!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Is there any update to this???

Fingers crossed for you

Chelseagirl

HSBC - Default Judgement - £4892

HSBC, PA 29/3/06 LBA 12/04/06

HSBC, Court Claim Filed - 26/04/06

Lloyds - Claim - £625

Lloyds PA sent 16/05/06

Guest Alison82

After all these claims are over I don't want to use high street bank accounts again, can anyone sugguest a hassle free alternative (internet, post office, basic amd thing else that I am unaware of).

I'm personally going to design & use a "Money Bra", same priciple as a money belt but an instant boob job at the same time. Pay day = H Cup.... day before pay day = AA Cup (2 x 10 pence pieces) ;)

Sorry I don't have any useful info, sure someone will be along with some soon.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Smile run by the Co-Op is one option. Still fairly large, but quite high street. No branches, all on-line. Pay interest (3.05% - not huge but more than most of the high street banks) on all money in your current account, free overdraft for first year of £500, that's free of being charged to arrange it, not free from interest :) I've opened one ready in case my bank decides to close my account. But I might just start to use it anyway.

I moved to smile last year from Barclays and I couldn't be happier with them.

I've not had any charges from them or anything, because banking with them seems so much easier, and they are friendly too - unlike the staff at barclays who give the impression it might kill them to be polite.

Being part of the Co-op, smile are an "ethical" bank too - that is to say that they don't invest money in unethical industries, such as the arms industry.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

Where is the 'easy-jet' of banking when you need it?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Where is the 'easy-jet' of banking when you need it?

My bank causes me enough headache without all the cashiers being dressed in bright orange, and having my ATMs located in inaccessible fields miles from the nearest town.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

How do you pay into an online account? e.g. Smile

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

I have an extremely basic UK personal bank account, a savings account with an Electron debit card and a prepaid UK Mastercard. Most of my real banking is done offshore. It's not always convenient but I will NEVER EVER be subject to another UK bank charge.

How do you pay into an online account? e.g. Smile

That's the only problem with an online account, you have to have another account to transfer the funds from. You can send cheques in by post but you are chancing on them getting lost and the subsequent hassle of trying to get a replacement cheque.

If the cheque that went missing in the post was of low value, forget it. The person who issued the cheque might have to pay a £20 or so fee to have it "stopped".

Four out of twenty-six posted cheques, all of low value, went missing in the post in a three month period and for this reason I closed my Smile account.

That said, you can now pay in at the Post Office, that wasn't an option when I had my Smile account, and I have to admit they were always as polite and helpful as they could be.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

My bank causes me enough headache without all the cashiers being dressed in bright orange, and having my ATMs located in inaccessible fields miles from the nearest town.

You'd also have to take your own money! ;)

Cheers.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Guest Alison82

Can anyone give any advice on how to challenge a 'service defence' in court?

First of all, ask them what service is being provided for the charge - they will have difficulty explaining their actions as a service to the satisfaction of a judge. Secondly, point out that if it IS a charge for a service then under the Sale of Goods and Services Act 1984 the charge has to be reasonable; if they would just explain the process they used to arrive at a charge for this "service..."?

Again they'll have a problem - nobody - BUT NOBODY could pass this off as a reasonably priced "service" in court. They know it; which is why they're NOT GOING TO MAKE YOU GO TO COURT.

Guest Alison82

Hi, still going!

I am just filling in my questionaire (going to post it today). Ther is a bit for other information for the judge, I was going to write the following

I have an account Lloyds TSB since 15th March 1999; prior to that I had a young person account (11 plus). During this time I have incurred charges for exceeding my overdraft limit due to cheques being cleared without sufficient funds in the account, unauthorised overdraft fees, direct debits being dishonoured (and in some cases honoured). At present I currently have an arrangement with you where I pay £18 on the 1st of every month, this £18 is to cover charges that Lloyds TSB have put on this account over the past year which has now taken me over my overdraft limit and has affected my credit rating. I have found this quite a struggle as until recently I was working 1 day a week and earning approx £245, as I was a full time student. I have been researching relevant information regarding default charges and I now understand that they are infact unlawful as penalty charges as they do not reflect pre-estimated losses. I have continued to communicate with Lloyds TSB regarding this matter to obtain a refund of my charges but they are unwilling to do so which is why I now feel the need to make a claim through the courts.

Is this ok or is ther no need?

As it happens with Smile being part of the co-op bank you can use co-op high street branches for all normal over-the counter facilities, (i.e paying-in, withdrawls etc...)

Be warned though, Smile are good at customer service but if you go outwith their T&C's you'll get stung like a manta ray.

O/D charges:- £15 'Service' Charge then £5 per day + debit interest

Unpaid items:- £20

There are loads of others but I can't quite remember them now. I'm also currently investigating the possibility that these charges are taken out at times of the month so as to increase the chance of you going into your unauthorised overdraft the following month, but i've got nothing substantial as yet.

Needless to say, i'm currently claiming from them.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

Guest Alison82

Whoo-oo! I have just come back fom hoilday to find a letter from Martineau Johnson saying that Lloyds wish to settle! There are some conditions,

1. that it is credited to my account

2. that I stay within my limit

3. that this is a full and final settlement and can't claim again arising out of this situation

4. this remains confidential

I know you are going to say accept no conditions, but I am not planning on using the account again and want the money sooner rather that later, so I'm going to accept, 1077.77 to me!!!

Capital One have also offered to settle 200.

Natwest say their goodwill offer of half is all that I am getting.

Halifax say no to refund and default removal, so off to court we go!!

Thanks for all your support! :)

Way to go Alison :D

Don't forget to donate to the site!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks