• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mike D Vs LLoyds TSB

Mike_D
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I first found about claiming back my bank charges from a Tottenham message board !!. I was given a link to the BBC Website and read up. From there I looked at my statements on line and was able to go back to July 2002, and from that date i'd incurred about £2300 of charges. So, as it said I could do on the BBC Website, I took the monthly average and multiplied it about to 6 years, resulting in a claim of £2800.

I sent of a letter (template given on BBC Website) 2 weeks ago and recieved what sounds like a standard reply, saying along the lines of "we think these charges are fair and can't agree to your claim".

I've spent some time reading through some cases on here, so fully expect this to go quite far, and i'm fully determined to see this through.

My first question is should I use the data protection route and get all my statements from Lloyds before going further (realising that i'll need these for my court bundle). I'm pretty certain that the period i've gestimated (Jan 00 - Jun 02) will actually result in an increase in what i'm trying to claim. If this is the case, will I need to re-send the 1st letter ?

Your help would be gratefully appreciated

Hi Mike, I would strongly recommend that you follow the guide lines on this site, and begin with a Subject Access Request from Lloyds. This way you will have all of the correct information, how would you feel if your claim was thrown out due to a guesstimate?! Also on a positive note you should claim back everything which you are owed in unlawful charges, and if it is more than you guestimated then its rightfully yours!

You need to send a schedule of charges which you are claiming back from LloydsTSB, ie the date of the charge, the amount of the charge and what the charge was for with your preliminary request for the unlawful charges to be refunded.

You will need to send a £10 cheque yble to LloydsTSB) to

Penny Berryman Senior Manager

Data Protection Dept.

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

The Pentagon

48, Chiswell Street

London

EC1Y 4XX

There is a standard letter requesting this information in the bank templates file which is at the top of the page when you first sign in. Use it, make it personal and send it recorded delivery - dont forget the cheque!

When you have received your info, re-send your letter it may seem like going over old ground, but you want to make sure that you are following the step by step procedure!

Good luck!

Hi Mike,

Go for it !!

But don't forget - all letters should be by recorded delivery.

I made the mistake of thinking they are fair about playing this game. From what I've read here and my experince of first attempt at getting data, Lloyds know how to play the game and will use every tactic they can to slow, delay or stop you.

All the best

~S~

Griffin

04/01/07 New S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent by RECORDED DELIVERY

05/01/07 Delivery of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) confirmed by Royal Mail

18/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data received

09/02/07 Prelim letter sent.

16/02/07 Frist template response received (nothing out of the ordinary).

23/02/07 LBA sent.

22/03/07 Claim issued to County Court

28/03/07 Claim served on Lloyds TSB (to reply by 11/04/07)

16/04/07 Acknowledgement of service (date stamped 12/04/07) received. Lloyds intend to defend the whole of the claim.(Lloyds' defense to be filed by 25/04/07)

26/04/07 Received Lloyds defense (standard 9 point) AQ to be returned by 11/05/07

09/05/07 My AQ returned to court

22/05/07 Lloyds have not met the AQ deadline. Court give them until 05 June to file

05/06/07 AQ filed by Lloyds with application for 1 month stay

Does anyone know if I can claim charges back from my Lloyds Credit Card account at the same time as my Personal Account ?

And if so do I need to send 2 Data Protection letters (one for each account) ?

Hi and Welcome Mike:)

Yes you can claim from both at the same time. You only need to send one SAR and one £10 fee, make sure you put both account numbers on your letter.

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Thanks Barty.

Anyone tell me who I need to make the cheque payable to ??

Also, i'll post this in the MBNA section as well, but I had a CC with them years ago (when I was struggling financially) and incorporated late payment charges from them. The only problem is that I don't have any documentation from them (was thrown out when I moved house) so how would I go about getting my statements from them ?

Hi Mike,

as Barty said, cheque made payable to lloyds TSB.

re MBNA, if you have the account number just send the SAR letter and go from these as per the FAQ's. If you dont have the account number i would imagine they would be able to trace that given enough personal information such as name, DOB and address at the time you had the account. Maybe somebody els can comment on that

good luck

Thanks again Barty.

Just back from the PO after sending my S.A.R recorded delivery. Don't expect to hear back from them for a while but i'll keep this thread updated as and when I hear anything.

Thanks kfdh.

I was thinking, once i've recieved my statements from Lloyds, it may have a reference number on from when i've paid them online (checked my online statements and it just comes up as 'MBNA International')