Daughter in distress

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has an account with the Halifax and also a loan linked to the same account for standing order payment. She has encountered financial problems and has been unable to service the loan and neither payany monies into the account for several months. She has spoken to the Halifax on several occasions explaining the problem but they keep putting charges onto her account for non payment of standing order and this has now taken her over her agreed o/d limit and nowthey are placing charges for going over that limit. This is despite the fact that she has written to them as well saying that there would be a consolidation of her affairs and the loan wopuld be paid off in full. They will not stop or suspend these ever increaing charges

Hi Alan,

The overdraft limit is only £100 but it has already gone up to £290 o/d with charges and non payment of standing order charges. She has told me that the will not stop these charges, but their action makes the problem mount up

Court,

Firstly, don't worry, they can't do this.

if you haven't done this already, have a quick read through these FAQ's, this will point out the reasoning behind why they can't do this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Then read this post

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6161

Someone in the exact same position as your daughter, but with a far larger overdraft, he was taken to court by the bank and they LOST. Debt wiped out.

So, tell your daughter not to worry. We're all in the same position here and will help, it takes a little bit of time, but she will get her money back.

Any questions, ask.

Dave

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

What I would suggest is this:

1) Get her to open another basic Bank Account elsewhere.

2) Move her wages/benefit payments to that account ASAP.

3) Set up new SO to service the loan.

4) Start process as outlined in FAQ's to get charges repaid, and notify Halifax that o/d is in dispute pending investigation into unlawful charges.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks