trouble with vospers

smiley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bought Ford Cougar from Vospers in Plymouth, second hand in august 2004 & was told everything ok, but on driving away found no CD player, suspention squeeked terribly, heated seats didn't work & revs were surging, (going up when foot released instead of down & car driving on it's own) went straight back & was told everything would be put right, as if!!, after nearly 2 years & car going into garage approx 12 times they still havn't sorted suspention out & revs surging, their macanics said nothing wrong with revs had to take him out to show him, he then agreed. After several attempts to rectify they said it ok, NO!! I had to video it for 30 min till they finaly said ok still a fault, car been in again again said ok, again NO!!! video again but now Vospers say they will not do anything else as we have had car too long but the fault is an ongoing fault from day one. I have all correspondence in writing from them from first time so can someone help. been to solicitors who say not much I can do, WHAT!!! they sold me a faulty car. I sugested sending them a bill for everything over last 2 years but solicitor said not much hope but surely if they didn't pay the bill I could take them to court.

They know I am disabled & on benefits with no disposable funds so think they can do what they like, please can anyone advise.

thanks. :-x

Guest Lueeze

I would take it to a small claims if you can prove this...

Im not too sure about the fact it was 2 years ago now though!

Maybe another user may have more knowledge

it's been 2 years because of their incompitance as fault was pointed out to them on first day of getting car.

I have all the proof, I have every letter sent & recieved & called trading standard for advice every time so they have all logged down as well, & just today reieved letter from Vospers stating they won't touch the car again as it's been 2 years so I am left with still same problem from day 1 surely yjey can not do this, they sold me a faulty car to start with.

thanks B

Personaly I would have given them 2 attempts of fixing the car and then asked for my money back as it is/was clearly playing up and they couldnt fix it I am sure under the supply of goods act it has to be usable.

You could try you local Trading Standards office if they wont/cant do anything you could go back to the garage and say that its been an ongoing thing and that under the salwe of goods act its faulty and you are going to the Trading Standards hopefully the bluff will work.

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

we went to tradings standard straight away & they said as long as the garage kept offering to fix it we had to let them, we were in contact with them every time & did everything as they said untill the car had been in about 10 times & still not fixed then tradings standard said that was enough & to get someone else involved like a solicitor. There was nothing they could do.

I am not legally minded but surely under the sale of goods act the object you buy has to be fit for the intended use ..your car certainly is not .....you have given them ample oppertunity to repair the car which they cant therefore I would exspect you to be able to claim your money back, approach the garage, if that fails tell them you will write to Ford and complain and carry out your threat telling them the reason you bought the vehicle was because you were led to believe that Ford made reliable vehicles ( that is if you cant afford to see a solicitor) or even try the citizens advice

As a matter of interest we have a legal expenses policy on our home insurance they cover us up to £50000 in legal expenses ( worth a try if you have the cover)

In progress:

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

get a load of this, :eek: we must have really have upset Vospers,

we built a web site (vospers.info) just to inform the public what they have really been like with us over the past 2 years.

We wrote & told Vospers we had done it & woops a few days later & all hells broke loose, they contacted our web host with a threatening letter which he had never seen the likes of before, & he's been doing this job for years.

Can't wait to see their faces when I put a 30 foot banner across the bridge at Plymouth. :lol:

watch this space!!!!

Hi Smiley,

Only yesterday I had to make a complaint to Vospers and was put through to Mr Vosper himself he was very obliging and resolved the situation within an hour ..........and yes heads rolled.....well wobbled a bit LOL

In progress:

I dont know all he said was he was Mr Vosper

In progress:

• 3 weeks later...
I am not legally minded but surely under the sale of goods act the object you buy has to be fit for the intended use ..

I was reading on here some advice of the sale of goods and i was suprised to read that the act only applies up untill 6 months after purchase, im sure someone will correct this if i have read it wrong, as i have a quiery 3 years old and was dissapointed.

BL

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't answered but have been really ill but will get back on track & let you know whats happening

thanks again to everyone for you help

brenda

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

still here but in & out of hospital frequently at the minute but will keep you posted as to what's happening now I'm back home

thanks to everyone for you help & time

brenda

Hi again

still no joy with Vospers so am going to go to small claims court for damages etc. I told them before that I was prepared to do this but do I have to tell them again or is there any legal paper/letter anywhere I have to send befor actually fileing papers at court or do I just go straight ahead.

thanks everyone

Just cover yourself and send them another letter saying 7 days or court that way when it gets there you can show the judge everything and say ive given them ample time to sort it out

• 2 months later...
i was suprised to read that the act only applies up untill 6 months after purchase

Hi BL,

This is something the Orange shop tried to tell me too when my phone went faulty.

1. You have up to 6 years from the date of discovery of a fault to make a claim for compensation. So your 3-year-old claim will be fine. (N.B. the limit is 5 years in Scotland)

2. If you buy goods which show a fault within 6 months from the date of purchase, the burden of proof is on the retailer to show that the goods were free from defects when they were sold to you. After 6 months, the burden of proof is on the purchaser to show that the goods did contain inherent defects when they were sold to you. i.e. the Sale of Goods Act is a lot easier to use when something goes faulty within 6 months of purchase!

Two totally seperate aspects of the Sale of Goods Act.

edinburghbeerbucket :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks