Settlement Discussion Due - Any Advice?

Tuddsy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following notification of a prelim court hearing on 20th March, I emailed Abbey asking whom i needed to forward any correspondance to, and asking if they would ike to negotiate settlement prior to me compiling the court bundle and adding prep costs etc.

I have received a reply saying they cannot get to my file this week but would like to discuss settlement next week and will arrange a call. This is where i would like any advice before the due call, and if there is anything i should be aware of.

My original claim went in MCOL on 2nd Oct and was £678 charges, £103.26 interest and £80 court fee = £861.26. Then there is any interest up to date. Does anyone have any idea or experience as to what to accept? I know it obviously could depend on individual circumstances, but for me it's more a matter of principal. I don't want them to get off lightly, with the agro they have created for myself and all you others in the same situation. On the other hand, i don't want to push unreasonably, saving the hassle of compiling the court bundle and time off for court etc.

Any ideas or views from others would be great. I thought about taking original amount, adding interest to date then offering 95%?

:confused:

sounds fine to me, but I would let them do the talking because they will offer less first of all, but let them know that you are not adverse to compiling the court bundle and that will cost them more and that you will accept no less that 95% of your TOTAL costs. If they are unwilling in this, terminate the conversation.

Let us know how it goes

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Have a look at the last page or two of this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/19778-teebum-abbey.html

Teebum got 100% settlement plus an amount for the time he had spent on the claim of 49 hours at £9.25 per hour. To be honest if you tell them you want more for all your trouble they seem to be giving it. No need to go mad but a reasonable figure would be paid rather than going to all the trouble of the work involved.

The negotiations were with Inga Kirkman who seems to be doing most of the claims

Thanks for advice all.

The email i received was from James Arrandale, so i guess thats who i'll be talking to. Seems the majority vote is settle for the full 100%.

I'll let you know how it goes, hopefully some time next week.

dont be lulled by his sex god voice on the phone :D saying that, I dealt with him and he is very reasonable to deal with

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Hi there could you please let me know the email address you used my court date is for the 21st of March and I would also like to try and settle.

Good luck! don't forget to let us know how it goes:)

Buffy:wink:

he is now to be known as the LGIL - Love God in London LOL to replace our young man at DLA who we dont deal with anymore

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled