lickthewallfatboy

Lickthewallfatboy v Northern Bank

SUCCESS!!!!!:-D :-D

Well guys

we have done it

i went for the meting with the senior NB manager yesterday and i have to say it was very ammicable!

after some discussion i discovered that i was claiming too much, i had over calculated interest and claimed for items i was not entitled to - they were very understanding.

the newly calculated figure was approx £5000 and after some discussion and bartering we agreed an a repayment of.........£4000.00

what a result. We are over the moon.

all it took was a letter asking for statements, the request for the money to be repaid, we received an acknowledgement saying they were looking into our concerns and next a ophone call asking for a meeting. Money lodged in account today!!!!

I was nervous about this but after some consideration decided to go ahead. But like LTWFB new what my bottom line was before going into the meeting and this is what we got!!!!WHOOPEE:-D :-D :-D :-D No LBA, No Court No Hassle!

They also changed our current account to a fee free one and extended our overdraft facility

What a result!!!!

So to all NB customers out there Go For It!

it is a very straightforward process and you will get a result.

The support from everyone else on this forumn is invaluable - thanks to everyone for there encouragement!

now for the next ones

natwest CC claimed £240 offerd 96 LBA for remainder today

RBS CC claimed £180 refusal letter recived today saying fees are legal - LBA sent

Mint CC as above

Citi cards request for statements sent 40 days past and still waiting

Capital One CC claim for £1000+ lodged clock ticking!!

Can Some One Please move this to the success section or have i to do it myself??

Hi lickthewallfatguy,

Sorry to bother you but bank is making my life hell. A lodgement of £100 was made last Wednesday to cover some direct debits. Yesterday got phonecall to say direct debit was returned-insufficient funds was the excuse bank applied £90 referral charge. Which wiped out lodgement have now discovered not 1 but 4 direct debits returned =£120. Can I do anything our should I JUST WAIT TILL EVERYTHING IS SORTED OUT.To me it looks like punishment for asking for back statements.

Hephalump

Just read bankfodder's latest info about claiming back from 6 years+.

When the revised "Give us me money back" template letter becomes available demolishing the bank's Limitation Act 1980 defence, Im going to claim back the charges and the 20 or so years of contractual interest on my Northern Bank account from back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Does anyone know what Northen Bank were charging for bounced cheques, etc back then?

Congrats Garwil!! You did very well. If somebody is watching, I need some advice regarding my 2nd claim. My court date is 25th May. Should I send my court bundle to the Northern and the courts or wait a bit longer, cos I have not heard a dickie bird from them and I feel they are waiting for a court appearance. Can someone advise on a covering letter and do i state that this is a continued claim or explain that it is a second claim. I don't think I have much of a choice, cos all my letters are for the £4000.00 plus,and as I did get over £3000.00 I will have to state that they still owe me £1000.00 plus, won't I? Please advise. It's the same question as in my own thread, I am pretty worried on this one!

nervous.

Hi Lickthewallfatguy

Please Have A Look At My Thread As Its Too Drawn Out I Need Help And Bank Doesn't Care About Threat Of Ico

They will soon.

The ICO is considering prosecutions.

Hi Lickthewallfatguy

Please Have A Look At My Thread As Its Too Drawn Out I Need Help And Bank Doesn't Care About Threat Of Information Commissioners Office

just do what i did-they mucked me about big style and I stuck in an estimated claim and forced their hand.

They are,by the way bound by law to divulge ALL your data whether they like it or not.

By all means go to the ICO- tough talk is cheap,and the Northern can bluster with the best of them....

if and when it gets to court,and they dispute your amount of claim,you just tell the court you had no choice because the Northern refused to abide by the law by giving you your data as rightfully and lawfully requested.Don't forget it took me months to get mine.Make it clear that you personally know of several people who got all their data as requested,and that you feel that you are (the magic words) BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST for whatever reason.The "D" word can work wonders,especially in Northern Ireland ;)

Should redden a few faces.....

• Haha 1

Got phone call 8:54am from head office expressing concerns as to why nothing had been done with regards my S.A.R - ( Subject Access Request). Seemingly letters had reached my branch and they had not forwarded (not even one) to be acted on by head office. 12 noon received apology from head office, branch is being investigated and I will have my statements sent recorded delivery to my address.Will have to wait and see. One more thing bank has taken the view that 40 days starts from the date the letter reaches their risk assessment unit. I,m to much of a lady to reply with what was going through my mind to that but the equivalent of it was, what aload of not very nice smelly stuff!

PS didn't need the D word although I think bank is secretly worried as they came clean about everything and even told me how to proceed.

The Bank's view is quite irrelevant and of no consequence whatsoever.

The Law is the Law. The 40 days started the day the SAR was recieved by the bank.

HI LICKTHEWALLFATBOY;)

As I Have Mention Before Have Had No End Of Problems With Bank And I've Took Your Advise Wrote Of Letter Today And Mentioned The D Word. Lets See How Fast They Get Their Butts Into Gear Now

Hephlump

:lol: As far as their concerned I'm going to be Snowwhite ,The Virgin Queen and Mary Poppins all wrapped up in one- oh look poor little victimized me boo hoo. Who cares for the weak and looks out for the dis-enfrachised but underneath!!!They won't know whats hit them.:!:

Hi Lickthewallfatboy,

When I Wrote Off My First Letter I Was In Such A Bad Temper I Had Not Done The Necessary Ground Work And DID NOT SAY THE INFORMATION WAS BEING REQUESTED UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT, The Bank Said This Was Not Viewed By Them As A Legal Request Although When I Discovered My Error I Sent Them £10 And Made Sure The Second Letter Did State That The Information Was being requested under the Act - Do You Think Their Right?

You really need to play by the book,cos they'll use any loophole to wriggle off the hook

It has to be a properly constituted request and the statutory fee is £10-but it's up to them if they want to actually cash your cheque or not...

actually i was told by COMMISSIONERS OFFICE THEY CANT DICTATE FORM THAT MONEY IS PAID TO THEM AS THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY FORM OF PAYMENT IN D.P.A 1998 ALTHOUGH THEY WILL USE IT AS AN EXCUSE TO USE STALLING TACTICS. THE WAY IM LOOKING ON THIS AT THE MINUTE IS THEY'VE TAKEN MY SILVER SHILLING AND STILL NOT COME UP WITH THE GOODS. THEREFORE THEM ACCEPTING THE £10 MEANS TO ME THAT THEY HAVE ENTERED INTO A LEGAL AGREEMENT OR ELSE THEY HAVE PERPETRATED A THEFT!

Sorry misunderstood your resonse until I read it again, you see I actually sent them a £10 NOTE THINKING THEY COULDN'T REFUSE and I do know that they accepted it in a roundabout way although a snooty staff member told me they didn't have to as they don't accept cash(they must be joking they are a bank).

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Please fill in your quit date here